DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed this...did JW drive to the S family's home once he learned of the fire?

Recent Wapo article suggests that he did: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...185622-0a11-11e5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.html

"Wallace then drove to Virginia to work on one of his boss’s projects, a martial arts studio. The fire was discovered about 1:15 p.m., and police say Wallace was in Chantilly at the time. He learned about the fire from someone at American Iron Works, and he texted Amy and Savvas Savopoulos several times as he drove to their home."

And he "forgot" that SS had texted him Wednesday, even though at the time he actually had texted him back with his promise to call the next day upon pick-up, but, RIGHT, contacts GF--why? Because his working for SS is just a pose now. And when he gets texted by SS, do we even know it really is SS? Some of the texts, in fact any, could be a perpetrator using SS phone. And JW's texts could be alibis, the visible trail he will leave behind, while obviously all are being fielded by the perpetrator/s. JMOJMOJMO

Such a good point! Much harder to forget you received a text when you actually texted them back the same night!:banghead:

Maybe! Yes, it would have been highly incriminating if he said 20 and it would have meant that she was privy to him taking a cut! But he is going on the story (true or untrue) that he was delivering $40k to his boss for the dojo. Unless she is in on it, he might not want to let her know that he was committing a crime, but still want to impress her. And he's not a guy who is afraid to lie. I would have assumed he would told her it was $40k for the dojo in either case of guilt or innocence, unless she was involved and knew about it.

I am not quite sure why the girlfriend would care what it was for?

The language used is weird. "Are you ok if so call me..."if not, what? I mean "hey, your house is on fire" just does not reflect a real concern for something terribly urgent that one is surprised to have just discovered when one has no idea if the person one is texting is alive or not. JMO

From what I understand, that was not the first text. He had sent several.

What would you text if you found out your boss's house was on fire and he was not replying to your previous texts? Does it matter if the person is alive or not? Would you change your wording if you thought they were not?

Such a good point! Much harder to forget you received a text when you actually texted them back the same night!:banghead:

But the Wed night text did not mention MONEY. It said there was a package to be delivered to him. The next day he is told to meet the accountant at the bank. If it were me, I might think this was a separate errand from the one I was told about the night before. JMO

That WAPO article is bad journalism. Refer to the charging documents which clearly state the accountant put the money into a red bag that JW brought with him to the bank. The money wasn't put into the manilla envelope until he got to the garage.

Yes, I am referring to the charging documents where JW's original story was that he was handed the manila envelope and I'm saying it's his original story that could have actually been closer to the truth. It was his second story after he had been shown the picture of the money that he then said the whole thing about the accountant taking $40K out of his pockets.

Not if a neighbor was home and saw the fire. A friend/neighbor might see the fire engines and call AIW immediately.

And the person who answers the phone at AIW immediately calls the driver/assistant at the dojo? I guess it's possible...

Exactly. He worked for them for one month. Why would he cry?

Because an innocent 10 yr ld boy, that he knew pretty well, and shared a love of racing with, was dead. Why wouldn't he cry? Most of us cried and we never knew young Phillip.

Do you have a link for that? thanks

It was in an article in the days after the murders. The reporter said the 11:54 call went unanswered, and it was the last call sent or received from SS's phone.

New entry on DW's court docket.

06/03/2015 Order Denying Motion Entered on the Docket Order Denying Motion Entered on the Docket signed in chambers by Judge Winston 6-3-15 ordering that the Motion to Quash Subpoenas is denied as moot. Order docketed and copies forwarded from chambers 6-3-15. VDJ

Can you provide a link to this? What was quashed exactly? ty

Thank you, Millhouse. I wonder if any other S family employees or AIW workers were also there and observed JW's behavior / actions.

Edit- still learning how to post and quote-will try to quote properly next time!

And the person who answers the phone at AIW immediately calls the driver/assistant at the dojo? I guess it's possible...

I'd even say probable. The person who answered the phone must have called SS and maybe AS. Then thought to call JW to see if he was driving SS somewhere. JMO

Texting is going to replace phoning in the future.

http://www.bizzuka.com/company-blog...ging-has-replaced-the-phone-for-communication

A Time poll on mobility found 32% of respondents said they’d rather communicate by text than phone, even with people they know very well. A number of statistics support that conjecture:
•Smartphone owners aged 18-24 send and receive 4,000 messages per month (Factbrowser)
•43% of 18-24 year-olds say that texting is just as meaningful as an actual conversation with someone over the phone (eMarketer 2010)
•42% of teens say the primary reason they have a cell phone is for texting. Safety was second at 35% (Nielsen Study 2010)
•39% of Millennials have a tattoo (Pew Study 2010) - Okay, that has nothing to do with texting and talking, but it seems that everyone under the age of 35 wears one, which is something I find very puzzling and the reason I mentioned it.

Lest I am accused of stereotyping, it's not just Millennials who like to text. So do the rest of us.

Statistics reveal that US smartphone owners who use text (that's 92 percent) send an average of 111 messages per week, and 49 percent of those who use social media daily would rather text than call a person.

Exactly. He opened with a classic, leading question: are you okay? The very question implies he already knows she isn't okay. He then follows that with "if so" which is utterly ridiculous. If she wasn't okay, what did he expect her to do? Text him back and say, "I'm on fire but ty for telling me my house is on fire?"

JMO

TY for my first LOL on this board. Exactly!

One thought that just popped in to my mind is where did people think SS was on Thursday? Did AIW people think he was out in Chantilly? Did the dojo work crew think he was at AIW? Did JW tell people anything in regards to the whereabouts of SS?

By all accounts, he seemed like a pretty hard working guy. PS can be phoned in to school, AS seemingly had been taking care of PS during the day, but it seems like someone would have wondered where SS was.

Just my rambling thoughts!

Really? Maybe because he is a human who feels emotions? Or because he knew this family and was indirectly responsible for their lives ending when they did. I have cried many tears for others tragedies that I have never even met, why is it so hard to believe that JW might cry upon hearing the news?

I know everyone has their right to an opinion but the more details that come out, the less JW seems involved. It kind of feels like a witch hunt...like people are trying to make him guilty of this. If he is, I'll eat crow but I think a lot of you are really reaching here...

That is fast ... maybe the neighbor that called 911 contacted AIW or something and people were trying to get in touch with the family? 16 minutes is still a really fast turnaround IMO

I wonder how his stories will hold up. Do they have phone records between JW and the AIW employee he alleges told him? Did he see someone in Chantilly who got word of this somehow?

Yes, even if it took 4 minutes for the fire trucks to get to the house, we're still talking 12 minutes for a neighbor to look up the AIW number, call the employee, the employee then needs to call JW... And that is assuming it was bim, bam, boom, no calls to others in-between. Seems unlikely to me, but not impossible.

It was in an article in the days after the murders. The reporter said the 11:54 call went unanswered, and it was the last call sent or received from SS's phone.

It was also reported that DW took SS's phone. So he may have disabled it at that point or it may have been uncharged. I doubt he had charged it up that night at all even after all those flurries of calls.

Why would AS need a ride home? How did she get wherever she was going, if she wasn't at home? Why would anyone not at home need a ride home. I'm assuming they would have driven one of their cars if they weren't within walking distance.

Because you employ a driver to drive you places. SS clearly didn't need to hire JW because JW had a car and they didn't.

WS crew, since the LE released the affidavits today, does this mean we'll be getting
an arrest shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member