DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, that was not the first text. He had sent several.

What would you text if you found out your boss's house was on fire and he was not replying to your previous texts? Does it matter if the person is alive or not? Would you change your wording if you thought they were not?
I am with you on this one. There is not a lot you can say that won't sound wierd, assuming he has no knowledge or involvement in this, and was just there earlier in the morning dropping off large sums of money and finally the light bulb is going off in his head, boy things are wierd. I think are you ok is a perfectly normal thing to ask and when you don't get response, well what do you say, anything to try and get them to respond and you are on your way there afterall.

Yes, even if it took 4 minutes for the fire trucks to get to the house, we're still talking 12 minutes for a neighbor to look up the AIW number, call the employee, the employee then needs to call JW... And that is assuming it was bim, bam, boom, no calls to others in-between. Seems unlikely to me, but not impossible.

I could be wrong, but I thought that JW had gone to the Dojo with whatever he bought at the hardware store. And then the AIW employee called the Dojo....and then JW left for SS's home and began texting them...?

Yes, even if it took 4 minutes for the fire trucks to get to the house, we're still talking 12 minutes for a neighbor to look up the AIW number, call the employee, the employee then needs to call JW... And that is assuming it was bim, bam, boom, no calls to others in-between. Seems unlikely to me, but not impossible.

Yeah, definitely possible, but like you said it would take a rapid chain of events. Maybe the neighbor tried calling SS first, got no answer, called AIW, and then an employee got in touch with JW or something of that nature. Unlikely, but possible

ETA: IIRC, a neighbor may have even been the one to call 911 after spotting a fire. That would give a few more minutes for this chain of events to happen.

There never was a defense motion, only the prosecution made the motion to squash the subpoenas filed by defense at some point. That was the motion that was denied. I have no indication on record the subpoenas were squashed.

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf
Ok, let me see if I understand it more now. The defense subpoenaed someone (I guess DC police) for the records they wanted. The state made a motion to the court to stop the police from having to release the information. The motion from the state was denied, and the defense will get all the information they asked for.
I am still confused why something is moot.
Thank you for taking the time to help me understand it better.

I am with you on this one. There is not a lot you can say that won't sound wierd, assuming he has no knowledge or involvement in this, and was just there earlier in the morning dropping off large sums of money and finally the light bulb is going off in his head, boy things are wierd. I think are you ok is a perfectly normal thing to ask and when you don't get response, well what do you say, anything to try and get them to respond and you are on your way there afterall.

I can't think of anything he could text that we wouldn't pick apart.

Maybe I missed this...did JW drive to the S family's home once he learned of the fire?

That's what the WaPo article says. Wonder if LE talked to him right away. He didn't call the AIW employee crying until the next day.

I thought maybe the "Urban Alarm" company that patrolled the area likely had contact numbers for homeowners... which might have included the AIW business phone.

During what phone call/text would she have been told that? And why? By whom?

The assistant may have been texted that by SS, since SS had given that excuse to Vera's husband as to why she was not at the house when he came knocking. We don't know the entirety of all communications from the various people involved. It was just a thought as to why the assistant would text AS asking if she was ok. That is the only logical reason I could think of him asking is she was ok in that one text.

I'd even say probable. The person who answered the phone must have called SS and maybe AS. Then thought to call JW to see if he was driving SS somewhere. JMO

Or simply called the dojo trying to find SS, and JW happened to pick up the phone.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I would very much like to know JW's whereabouts from around 3:30 pm on the 13th to 9:00am on the 14th. If he could account for this time frame and prove that he was no where near the S residence people would be less inclined to speculate about his involvement in this horrible crime. JMO

I'd like to know where he was between 9 am and 10:40 am on the 14th...

Yeah, definitely possible, but like you said it would take a rapid chain of events. Maybe the neighbor tried calling SS first, got no answer, called AIW, and then an employee got in touch with JW or something of that nature. Unlikely, but possible

I don't think it is that unlikely. I used to be a secretary in the high school principal's office. He was rarely in his office but we always had to contact him pretty quickly for odd events. It was very quick to run down the list of possible contact numbers.

I think JW would be very high on the list of numbers to call to urgently contact SS/

Yes, I am referring to the charging documents where JW's original story was that he was handed the manila envelope and I'm saying it's his original story that could have actually been closer to the truth. It was his second story after he had been shown the picture of the money that he then said the whole thing about the accountant taking $40K out of his pockets.

By then LE had already spoken with the accountant who told them he handed the stacks to JW who put the money in a red bag. By the time LE spoke to JW, they already knew the truth. So they caught him in lies.

I text but I am not sure why I text.

For crying out loud, we have these vocal chord things and we can transmit info much more rapidly and efficiently if we just use them!

Maybe texting is cheaper and I apologize if that is the reason.

Rant over.

I do it because I don't work. And the local people I communicate with do. My family lives in a different time zone.

Texting is easier than calling IMO because I don't know what the other party is doing, and they can deal with it when they are free. Leaving a voice mail is more time consuming, for most things.

I don't think there is a cost factor for most people with long distance, etc. anymore. Most landlines have free long distance, because they have had to compete with cell phones. Cell phones that is never an issue.

Ok, let me see if I understand it more now. The defense subpoenaed someone (I guess DC police) for the records they wanted. The state made a motion to the court to stop the police from having to release the information. The motion from the state was denied, and the defense will get all the information they asked for.
I am still confused why something is moot.
Thank you for taking the time to help me understand it better.

It could be moot because the information was provided before the hearing.

Seems impossible to me, not unlikely. I think this is why LE is tracking JW's and AS' phone for the previous days prior to the murders. If LE believes her phone was taken out of the house "during" the crime, that means another person is involved.

JMO

It was in an article in the days after the murders. The reporter said the 11:54 call went unanswered, and it was the last call sent or received from SS's phone.
Did it really? That is not what the CD's say.

Another thought - my alarm company has on file an "in case of emergency" alternate number. We were required to give someone's info who does not reside at our house. Perhaps SS had given his parents number and the alarm company alerted them, and as prior owners of AIW they knew who to call to find their family and that was how the word got out to AIW so quickly?

ETA: never mind. I don't think we know whether an alarm company got a fire signal. Don't mind me....

Well, the thing is he LIED to law enforcement--three lies about significant details--when investigators were interviewing him about what may will turn out to be the most significant event in his life, the murder of his boss, his boss's family, and a lady who, like himself, works for his boss, a horrific multiple murder and fire!
Now his part in the action was quite small. In fact most of the day he has just been "hanging out." He fielded some calls, picked up some money, and did what should have been a minute and a half drop off of it. Not that many facts he must recall. Yet he gets many of his few actions wrong. Actually, he admits he lied. Let me speak for myself. I don't understand why anyone would lie at this juncture--on purpose lie! From that point on, he came under suspicion from the public and JMO the investigators. I don't think family would have welcomed him to the funeral had he wanted to attend. Reaching, yes. But also a basis for challenging everything he has said. JMO

By then LE had already spoken with the accountant who told them he handed the stacks to JW who put the money in a red bag. By the time LE spoke to JW, they already knew the truth. So they caught him in lies.

Actually that isn't what is stated - at least not on the charging doc - where it says JW received a package ("The other employee that provided the package to W-1"), which had four stacks, not that the four stacks were loose and unpackaged. The 'package' that the employee confirms matches JW's original story rather than JW's revised story. The first story was straightforward and rather direct where he was to pick up a package and drop it off while it was the second story that went all Alice In Wonderland to explain the pictures, but LE makes a point of confirming that SS said to get a package and the employee gave him a package, but it's only JW's second story that says he didn't get a package and that is not confirmed by the employee per the charging doc.

Yes, I am referring to the charging documents where JW's original story was that he was handed the manila envelope and I'm saying it's his original story that could have actually been closer to the truth. It was his second story after he had been shown the picture of the money that he then said the whole thing about the accountant taking $40K out of his pockets.

And you don't think that LE has spoken with the Accountant to verify his story? When the CD came out, this crime was almost a week old. I guarantee you LE had spoken to the Accountant and know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1