DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought - my alarm company has on file an "in case of emergency" alternate number. We were required to give someone's info who does not reside at our house. Perhaps SS had given his parents number and the alarm company alerted them, and as prior owners of AIW they knew who to call to find their family and that was how the word got out to AIW so quickly?

ETA: never mind. I don't think we know whether an alarm company got a fire signal. Don't mind me....
We don't know if an alarm company got the fire signal, but my guess would be that since they had an alarm system it probably did report to an alarm company.
It does seem possible for the alternate contact number to be called, that person called AIW, and the person at AIW knew that SS was suppose to be at dojo at that time. They would call there looking for him since he is not answering his cell phone. I think it is very possible for all of that to of happened in 16 minutes.

That is what JW says, but not the accountant where the accountant says there was a package and the money was in 4 stacks:

'The package' is emphasized throughout the docs that have been posted from SS the day before telling JW to get the 'package,' JW's original story about getting a 'package' and the account confirming they gave JW a 'package.' What does not fit in this narrative is JW's second story saying there was no package given to him and it doesn't make sense either that neither the bank manager nor the accountant would put it into a package of some kind and instead just have the accountant put $40K in his pockets.

You are using a news report from a news organization that is out of the country?? Why not use the ACTUAL Charging Docs??

http://www.documentcloud.org/docume...n-dellon-dennis-charging-papers-may-2015.html
Page 7
Typed word for word by me

W-1 stated that what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag that belonged to W-1.

Now, since that is in Charging Documents dated May 19th, 5 days after the crime...I suspect that LE knows that this is what happened, by verifying it with that employee.

Yes, even if it took 4 minutes for the fire trucks to get to the house, we're still talking 12 minutes for a neighbor to look up the AIW number, call the employee, the employee then needs to call JW... And that is assuming it was bim, bam, boom, no calls to others in-between. Seems unlikely to me, but not impossible.

The Alarm company would go down the list to call as the owner instructed. SOP for alarms that are monitored. IMO

From CDocs:
The other employee that provided the package to W- l was
interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from
the bank and the money was seperated in four bundles that totaled ($40,000.00) forty thousand dollars.

How is that any different from what I said???

One thought that just popped in to my mind is where did people think SS was on Thursday? Did AIW people think he was out in Chantilly? Did the dojo work crew think he was at AIW? Did JW tell people anything in regards to the whereabouts of SS?

By all accounts, he seemed like a pretty hard working guy. PS can be phoned in to school, AS seemingly had been taking care of PS during the day, but it seems like someone would have wondered where SS was.

Just my rambling thoughts!

SS probably gave the AIW employee, the one who went to the bank, an excuse as to why he would be absent that day.

We don't know if an alarm company got the fire signal, but my guess would be that since they had an alarm system it probably did report to an alarm company.
It does seem possible for the alternate contact number to be called, that person called AIW, and the person at AIW knew that SS was suppose to be at dojo at that time. They would call there looking for him since he is not answering his cell phone. I think it is very possible for all of that to of happened in 16 minutes.

I just posted something similar. Ha.

You are using a news report from a news organization that is out of the country?? Why not use the ACTUAL Charging Docs??

http://www.documentcloud.org/docume...n-dellon-dennis-charging-papers-may-2015.html
Page 7

W-1 stated that what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag that belonged to W-1.

Now, since that is in Charging Documents dated May 19th, 5 days after the crime...I suspect that LE knows that this is what happened, by verifying it with that employee.

It only says, "W-1 stated." If LE had confirmed it with the accountant, the CD would say so.

JMO

That is what JW says, but not the accountant where the accountant says there was a package and the money was in 4 stacks:

'The package' is emphasized throughout the docs that have been posted from SS the day before telling JW to get the 'package,' JW's original story about getting a 'package' and the account confirming they gave JW a 'package.' What does not fit in this narrative is JW's second story saying there was no package given to him and it doesn't make sense either that neither the bank manager nor the accountant would put it into a package of some kind and instead just have the accountant put $40K in his pockets.

CDocs:
W- I stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's
pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W- l.

Page 7

I am using the actual charging docs! You need to read the next page as the page you are quoting is what JW claims, not the subsequent interview with the accountant from where I quoted.

I believe if you read some of the older articles, it makes it very clear that the fire was reported via 911, not by the alarm company. It is unlikely the alarm company was even aware of it because LE is looking for the DVR from the system.

JMO

Copied and pasted from scanned in charging docs:

I wouldn't characterize JW's first version of how he received and delivered the money "straightforward," and it should be noted that the phone message he lied about was regarding the money on Wednesday night. Whereas he claimed he was not instructed to go to the bank until TH., he actually received a text on Wednesday night from SS's cell about that. The interviewers checked his outgoing and incoming messages on his phone while interviewing him.

As detec(ives continued to question W-1, IT changed IT's account ol the events regarding how [T received the package, where [T left the package and when lT was told to get the package. When W-l was questioned about a text m had received from Mr. Savopoulos on wednesday, May 13, 20IS, w- I changed t'f 's statement.
This text was addressed to w-t and the text directed IT to meet the other employee on Thursday morning in Hyattsville to pick up the package. After being shown the text, W-l adrrurted rhe r.*t ** u..r."t. and IT made a mistake about when It was first told to get the package. w-l was also questioned about what the money was contained in when IT received the money from the other employee. W- l admitted that IT had lied when lT stated the money was in a manila envelope when lr rcccived the money from the other employee.
W- I stated what aclually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee,s pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W- l. W- I then drove to Mr. Savopoulos, house and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before IT arrived at the home.
Mr. Savopoulos told w-l to leave the money in the car inside rhe garage. w-t stal.ed, when IT arrived at Mr. Savopoulos' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. Afler placing the money in thc envelope w- I srated IT placed rhe envelope on the drivers seat of the car h tie garage.
Furrhermore, W-l admitted that IT lied when It stated the vehicle rvas locked, W-l stated the vehiclc rvas unlocked and that IT left the envelope which conrained the money in the vehicle. W- I stated IT was told by the other employee the package contained $40,000.00 in cash.

Which begs the question, was the alarm system dismantled or just turned off? I'm guessing the burglar alarm can be turned off, but fire and CO detectors would stay on?

The mistake he made is asking her if she was okay and then saying, "if so..." He had no reason to believe she wasn't okay....or did he? The FBI profilers are going to have a field day with the material he's given them.

JMO

What do you mean he had "no reason" to believe she wasn't ok? He'd just found out her house was on fire...

This is what his message likely means:

Are you ok? Because IF you're ok, that probably means you're not at home. And IF you are ok, you probably need to know: your house is on fire.

And IF you're not ok, you already know your house is on fire.

His text might make more sense to somebody who's studied a little Javascript...

JMO

Ok, let me see if I understand it more now. The defense subpoenaed someone (I guess DC police) for the records they wanted. The state made a motion to the court to stop the police from having to release the information. The motion from the state was denied, and the defense will get all the information they asked for.
I am still confused why something is moot.
Thank you for taking the time to help me understand it better.

You're correct and that's the right question, I also don't know why it's moot. I was and still am puzzled unless the prosecutor changed his mind and gave them the info anyhow.

I don't find the crying as suspicious as the waiting until the next day to call crying. Something about the time lag is off IMO. I can see him calling, crying, immediately, when he can't reach SS. But the next day? When according to WaPo he went to the house when hearing about the fire?
It wasn't until the next day that LE had starting putting everything together. I am sure he then released the money was actually a ransom.

It only says, "W-1 stated." If LE had confirmed it with the accountant, the CD would say so.

JMO

OK...I will play!

From Charging Docs
Page 8

The other employee that provided the package to W-1 was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from the bank and the money was separated in four bundles that totaled ($40,000) forty thousand dollars.

What do you mean he had "no reason" to believe she wasn't ok? He'd just found out her house was on fire...

This is what his message likely means:

Are you ok? Because IF you're ok, that probably means you're not at home. And IF you are ok, you probably need to know: your house is on fire.

And IF you're not ok, you already know your house is on fire.

His text might make more sense to somebody who's studied a little Javascript...

JMO

Yeah, if JW knows Javascript. Likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members