DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if JW knows Javascript. Likely?

Well, the world contains a lot of accidental Javascript too. Such as "Hubby, go buy a loaf of bread and if they have eggs, buy 6."

I understand a neighbor called 911. An alarm company would also call 911 to report. I am not saying it is what happened, but a possibility of what could of happened. I don't know how removing the dvr would effect the fire monitoring system. It may be totally different, but I know we can unplug our dvr (used for our tv, but from the same system), and it doesn't effect our internet. Maybe it isn't a good comparison, and like I said, I don't know, but I just don't know how removing a dvr stops the rest of the system from working.

If DW disarmed the alarm system, it seems like a big mistake to not disarm the smoke detectors if you're hoping to burn up any evidence before fire fighters arrive. Another mistake...

OK...I am never quite sure...

But since you said the CD would say so...I showed you where it said so!

I think you know you didn't and that's why I'll scroll and roll. Have a nice evening.

Then either the evidence was turned over or the defense no longer wants it. I am guessing it was turned over.

If so then the motion to squash is denied is moot. I'm going to go squash a doughnut which will become moot shortly.

I understand a neighbor called 911. An alarm company would also call 911 to report. I am not saying it is what happened, but a possibility of what could of happened. I don't know how removing the dvr would effect the fire monitoring system. It may be totally different, but I know we can unplug our dvr (used for our tv, but from the same system), and it doesn't effect our internet. Maybe it isn't a good comparison, and like I said, I don't know, but I just don't know how removing a dvr stops the rest of the system from working.
Yes. Sounds like the neighbors did a really good job of notifying everyone important and really quickly.

If DW disarmed the alarm system, it seems like a big mistake to not disarm the smoke detectors if you're hoping to burn up any evidence before fire fighters arrive. Another mistake...
How true. This is the same guy that wears gloves and leaves DNA on pizza crust, and leaves his boot print on the door. Definitely not the brightest criminal.

I would think it very difficult to determine that Phillip Savopoulos died from the burn injuries due to the state of the body at autopsy--he could have been "bleeding out" and unconscious when his mattress, say, was set on fire. That he did not die of smoke/fumes inhalation suggests that he was not able to breathe long enough to get the products of the fire into his lungs. And one hopes that in a case of death from burns, the pain nerves are destroyed quickly.
IDK and have no "opinion" on this.

I believe LE knows what happened and who was notified and when. I simply don't believe JW was told about the fire by an AIW employee but LE knows the answer by now. The timing of his call to Amy is very suspicious.

JMO

I think you know you didn't and that's why I'll scroll and roll. Have a nice evening.

Know I didn't what? I pointed out to you where the CD said what you said it didn't. Pretty simple actually.

Depends what kind of system they had. It could have been a DVR with 8 cameras and no alarm company monitoring service. If that's true the DVR controls the cameras, remove the DVR and the system is not working. Hopefully the DVR was recovered or the video before the DVR was disconnect was also recorded to a cloud on the web.

I'm repairing a video system in a few days and revising my plan for this property. I'll setup the system to record to the DVR and a cloud on the web. I'm also going to point a camera at the DVR in case it was removed. That way there should be a short video of who done it, at least on the cloud. There would be no more video after the DVR was removed, no more on the web either.

Which is different than having a security monitoring service.

Their stories are the same.[/QUOTE]

No. Again, read his first version and then all the way through the second telling. Their stories are not the same and the photo sent to the GF showed that the bundling had been tampered with.

Might have been my copy and paste. Sorry. I just could not get that right.

wonderful to see a member has done such a beautiful job with the document so it is now searchable!

Right. Fire alarm does not depend on any sort of recording nor does the system have to be armed.

ETA: Doesn't make sense to me to have a house that valuable + the interiors, cars, jewels, etc. and not have it monitored. As we saw in their memorial pictures, the SS family traveled a lot. Self monitoring is okay (for some), but it's only good for after the fact but doesn't protect your house nor belongings, IMO

The papers from DW arrest state he was arrested with a "bag" in his possession and that that bag owned by the defendant was transported still in the car to the DC Dept of Forensic Sciences.

Unclear what type of bag and no info on contents.
The cell phones? Some of the money? Just his personal possessions? Or perhaps it was a red bag...

No. Again, read his first version and then all the way through the second telling. Their stories are not the same and the photo sent to the GF showed that the bundling had been tampered with.!

IMO the positioning of the bundles made the band around one of the two bundles visible obscured

Tampering with or disabling the alarm system or fire detection system would have likely set off an alarm and notified LE which would have came to investigate. Unless DW was educated in alarm systems he might not have messed with it. I doubt the alarm had fire detection since I think it was said a neighbor call 911 to report the fire.

JMO

This was "job" for JW, not a career. This was a job for some pocket cash until something better came along. So the fact that he took the photos, sent a photo, etc., is no great surprise. The younger generation tweets about anything, everything and nothing. They take photos of anyone, everyone and everything up to and including $40,000. Not "all" kids or young folks do it, but there's a disconnect with young people today in there are no boundaries when it comes to privacy or what's many would consider unprofessional, uncouth and rude. JW is a part of that generation. The idea that taking the photo of the cash implicates him, I'm not entirely on board with for reasons above. Having said that, this guy either has incredibly bad luck or he's the nexus. If he's not involved, he's got one hell of a story to write one day.

The papers from DW arrest state he was arrested with a "bag" in his possession and that that bag owned by the defendant was transported still in the car to the DC Dept of Forensic Sciences.

Unclear what type of bag and no info on contents.
The cell phones? Some of the money? Just his personal possessions? Or perhaps it was a red bag...

LOL!! I think the "red bag" that JW had is more like a cash bag from a bank.

81s7cbhpJ%2BL._SX522_.jpg

This was "job" for JW, not a career. This was a job for some pocket cash until something better came along. So the fact that he took the photos, sent a photo, etc., is no great surprise. The younger generation tweets about anything, everything and nothing. They take photos of anyone, everyone and everything up to and including $40,000. Not "all" kids or young folks do it, but there's a disconnect with young people today in there are no boundaries when it comes to privacy or what's many would consider unprofessional, uncouth and rude. JW is a part of that generation. The idea that taking the photo of the cash implicates him, I'm not entirely on board with for reasons above. Having said that, this guy either has incredibly bad luck or he's the nexus. If he's not involved, he's got one hell of a story to write one day.
Reminds me of Kato Kaelin when he was testifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1