DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it very difficult to determine that Phillip Savopoulos died from the burn injuries due to the state of the body at autopsy--he could have been "bleeding out" and unconscious when his mattress, say, was set on fire. That he did not die of smoke/fumes inhalation suggests that he was not able to breathe long enough to get the products of the fire into his lungs. And one hopes that in a case of death from burns, the pain nerves are destroyed quickly.
IDK and have no "opinion" on this.

I don't think think the ME would put that in her report without a good reason. I don't want to think about it either.

Right. Fire alarm does not depend on any sort of recording nor does the system have to be armed.

ETA: Doesn't make sense to me to have a house that valuable + the interiors, cars, jewels, etc. and not have it monitored. As we saw in their memorial pictures, the SS family traveled a lot. Self monitoring is okay (for some), but it's only good for after the fact but doesn't protect your house nor belongings, IMO

If it was monitored, how would a perp disarm it/stop it from functioning properly? Could that be done without sending up an alarm to the monitoring company?

LOL!! I think the "red bag" that JW had is more like a cash bag from a bank.

81s7cbhpJ%2BL._SX522_.jpg

I do too. The one he put inside the Manila envelope and left inside the red car just as instructed.

OH...kicked down the door????

I was gone all day...catching up.
Which door?
According to photos I saw of house...There are French doors on either side of FP near garage, French doors to left of front door, and some photo I saw on the S Dignity memorial site there were French doors under striped awning, inside the hedge.

Did their alarm system have glass breakage detectors?

Because initially they did! One must read the entire document in which JW corrects his first version. That one is interspliced (neologism!) with what the employee he met at the bank says of the packaging and hand-over. Honestly, I wish I as not a tech dinosaur because then I could lay the stories out side by side and I think it would be obvious that the details in JW's first version is not in sync with the employee in regard to how money packaged.

If it was monitored, how would a perp disarm it/stop it from functioning properly? Could that be done without sending up an alarm to the monitoring company?

Perp left after setting the fire(s). Everyone in the house was dead or dying.

Some city codes have alarm noise ordinances. After a certain period of time they automatically shut off.

Was DW just lucky in believing the alarm system was already disabled? I mean why with giving the door the boot would not the alarm go off if it were on? But how would he know it would not be on early evening and make a huge noise at the break-in?

two witnesses cant keep their stories straight, one actually lied to the police.

thats what i've gotten out of everything since this began.

there are also a bunch of lowlifes who were benifitting off the crime (at the minimum) with the prime suspect that just are walking between the rain drops at the moment.

i just hope LE brings everyone responsible to justice. cause i really dont believe this is a one person operation.

Was DW just lucky in believing the alarm system was already disabled? I mean why with giving the door the boot would not the alarm go off if it were on? But how would he know it would not be on early evening and make a huge noise at the break-in?

IF armed, it would have gone to tone for x period of time (mine is set to tone for one minute) and then goes off if not disarmed. Monitoring company would call. IF he had reason to believe the house was occupied, make the owner disarm before monitoring call.

This was "job" for JW, not a career. This was a job for some pocket cash until something better came along. So the fact that he took the photos, sent a photo, etc., is no great surprise. The younger generation tweets about anything, everything and nothing. They take photos of anyone, everyone and everything up to and including $40,000. Not "all" kids or young folks do it, but there's a disconnect with young people today in there are no boundaries when it comes to privacy or what's many would consider unprofessional, uncouth and rude. JW is a part of that generation. The idea that taking the photo of the cash implicates him, I'm not entirely on board with for reasons above. Having said that, this guy either has incredibly bad luck or he's the nexus. If he's not involved, he's got one hell of a story to write one day.

I totally agree. I highly doubt that we will be finding out that the lying ransom money deliverer who once happened to live near the apprehended killer has no part in this. However, I don't think the social media bragging is incriminating unto itself, or even really suspicious. It's definitely not abnormal. That said, it gives insight to some things about him that wouldn't contradict the speculation of his involvement in the money part of the crime.

JW is being called a witness by LE and as such I don't think we should be name calling him... or anyone for that matter. jmo

This discussion would be far more productive and streamlined if we only focused on the facts that we actually know and not go off on insane tangents about things we have zero information about (types of bag, an alarm system whose manufacturer & model we don't know and so much other stuff). There's a ton that can be learned by simply sticking to the on the record facts.

JW is being called a witness by LE and as such I don't think we should be name calling him... or anyone for that matter. jmo
His name is being used by CBS News in an article about law enforcement focusing on his lies, that alone meets websleuths criteria to use Jordan Wallace's name and discuss his lies and behavior documented in official documents.

is it ok if i call a bunch of people that were benefitting off blood money lowlifes?

that the cops released them doesnt mean much to me. i dont believe they didnt know he was a wanted fugitive for murder. especially not his brother.

His name is being used by CBS News in an article about law enforcement focusing on his lies, that alone meets websleuths criteria to use Jordan Wallace's name and discuss his lies and behavior documented in official documents.
I didn't say anything about discussing him. I said name calling.

Holy Cow - awesome sleuthing! Thank you so much :D

Loosely connected to DC, I am familiar with the area and the school young PS attended and have great empathy for this family and their community.

Like others here I have been monitoring this and another local DC site reading opinions trying to learn information and form opinions of my own.

I think to have been a planned by a small group, it would have been better organized and one would expect an exit or getaway planned. The burning of the victim's car in a church parking lot in close proximity to where DDW was staying/living with family appears chaotic and impulsive. There were hours between the time the home and car are set ablaze and yet, the car ends up only blocks from where he is living-desperate.

I believe JW and other witnesses, AIW workers etc. are only related through their employment. The loss of this family is sad for them as well. The added air of suspicion under which they have fallen has been an added insult and will hopefully resolve once LE completes their investigation.

DDW is an emotionally unstable, possibly personality disordered man with a long history of angry, threatening and violent assaults usually exerted towards those with whom he has a relationship, his family, friends, girlfriends and possibly, coworkers.

The USA9 article (link provided) outlines a list of many of the charges against DDW over his years in the USA. It is interesting to note that most seem to occur after DWW has been out to a club or a restaurant so probably after consuming alcohol. This prompts me to wonder if even his discharge from the USMC boot camp reported to be on medical grounds wasn't related to Alcoholism or mental disorder.

Even the charges from his arrest outside the AIW were reduced to an open container of alcohol.
DDW seems to experience conflict very personally, he is unable to cope as if extremely threatened. It is also likely that it is alcohol that disinhibits him and he is unable to modulate his feelings of anger. Instead he threatens, becomes aggressive and acts out violently. It's as if he is of two personalities otherwise how does one account for his making romantic relationships or being hired anywhere?

On a local DC site, a poster presented information but was quickly dismissed as it was determined the poster was confused and erroneously posting information about the New York based, NORTH American Iron Works Company (emphasis using capitalization, mine) instead of the American Iron Works Company based in Maryland and relevant to this case.

I believe there may be a connection especially as it relates to DWW's motivation to once again confront AIW but this time not at the work site. Instead, angered, he assaults SS at home.

Please bear with me here.
We know DDW has connections to NYC and we are told his girlfriend lives in Brooklyn. It is also likely he has connection to the Guyanese community in NYC as well.

On Monday, May 18, 2015 the New York Daily News reported:
...Nearly three dozen construction workers — mostly Guyanese immigrants — got back pay Monday totaling close to $1 million after a city probe found they’d been ripped off by their employer.

The checks for the North American Iron Works employees — who worked on city schools and the Queens Museum from 2010 to 2012 — ranged from $382 to $73,801, according to city Controller Scott Stringer’s office....

Link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-workers-owes-872k-back-pay-article-1.2227392

The announcement/press conference occurred on Monday, May 18th. In the photograph in the Observer article, NYC Controller, Scott Stringer is at the podium and he is surrounded by North American Iron Works employees. It is probable the knowledge of funds being recouped for the workers was disseminated among the community in the weeks or week before the May 18th announcement. DWW may have even known some of those receiving compensation.

It is possible that DDW felt slighted, cheated, possibly jealous and became angry and volatile. With the timing of this payout, it is plausible DDW approach the SS family on May 13, 2015 to settle whatever he perceived was denied him or done to him. This wasn't a straight up, robbery, burglary related to greed. This crime was personal and unique to DWW. He was enraged, he escalated and exacted his violent revenge on this poor family.
DDW DNA, blood evidence and likely additional evidence will assure either life in prison or if possible through case circumstances/locales, the death penalty.
If the death penalty applies, it may still be life in prison because it's possible there are significant mitigating factors in his background and/or he is mentally ill.

Although DDW will never leave prison, it is still hard to accept this dangerous man was free in the community to commit this horrible crime at all.

Peace to those who loved the victims of this crime.

New York Observer article link:
http://observer.com/2015/05/stringe...y-contractor-for-underpaid-immigrant-workers/

Press Release:
https://comptroller.nyc.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PR15-05-056.pdf

DWW Criminal (violent) History Link:
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/05/22/daron-wint-dc-quadruple-murder-suspect/27774899/

All of my post composed by me is IMOO

Well, the world contains a lot of accidental Javascript too. Such as "Hubby, go buy a loaf of bread and if they have eggs, buy 6."
asac,
I googled & learned. Thanks from those of us outside the tech world. LOL.
OK, hun.
Twenty minutes later the husband comes back bringing 12 loaves of bread.
His wife is flabbergasted:
Dear, why on earth did you buy a dozen loaves of bread?
They had eggs."
http://www.humorsoffice.com/texts/computer-programmer-joke/

I think those commas are important context here.

I don't read that as all of those things were in the red bag. It was a red bag with ransom money. Clothes. etc.

I have no idea what this red bag looks like. But I don't see it as being something that could contain clothes, weapons, etc.

Of course, that is just my take on the wording.

Why punctuation is important:

Eats, Shoots and Leaves...

Let's Eat Grandma...

:drumroll:

ETA: DOH!! I should have read more posts before writing mine! I see al66pine beat me to this!

He took his "bag" to the bank and the other employee put the 40 k in it. Then he photographed it. He lied about the bag, yes. The argument that he lied to cover up the photographing of the money is a strong one. And I agree that photographing the money and sending photo to his girlfriend seems in and of itself insignificant even if professionally unwise or inappropriate. However, it is less easy to explain why he would also lie about the car being locked and having to get a key to unlock it. When pressed, (JMO) he said it was not locked. He also initially said he got the bank money in a manilla envelope from the other employee and put that envelope into the driver's seat of the car.
He revised that to say he found the manilla envelope already in the car and then transferred the money from his red "bag" into it.
He also said SS did not message him until Thursday a.m. about picking up money at the bank, but investigators found a text msg. from SS about the money left for him Wed. nt. and a text he sent back same nt. promising to let SS know as soon as he picked up "the package."

This kind of discrepant accounting does cast doubt on his overall credibility and can make some wonder about what he might be trying to cover up. Not one person here has said he should be regarded as guilty of any crime!
We can only offer speculation back and forth. Probably he is on the radar because prosecutor Hines stated that it was thought he crime had a link with someone other than Wint through the company and JW worked for SS, delivered the ransom money, and inexplicably (JMO) lied to investigators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz