DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you need a warrant for records from someone cooperating? Maybe JW is not so cooperative after all.

Could be they need the warrants (including JW's even if he gave permission) so they could access the provider's records and go back further if need be. People can give permission to access everything ON their phones, but I think Service Providers require search warrants to protect themselves, too.

I think you just can't go wrong with documenting everything, above board and legal, dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s, get yer ducks in a row.... COVER YOUR HOOHAW.

Prosecution has go beyond the basics because, especially in a case of this magnitude, you know the defense team will be doing the same and trying to undermine what the prosecution has presented.

Where are we getting one of the bundles in the picture was opened up or without the band? Missed that somehow.

I am using the actual charging docs! You need to read the next page as the page you are quoting is what JW claims, not the subsequent interview with the accountant from where I quoted.

How is what the employee any different from what JW is stating!!! That was his "second" story.

I misunderstood since your copy/paste had some weird amount - $540,000 - so I figured this was in local currency for whatever news organization was putting out that story.

The other employee that provided the package to W-1 was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from the bank and the money was separated in four bundles that totaled ($40,000) forty thousand dollars.

The reason that "package" is being used is because that is what SS designated it when this whole thing started, I am assuming anyway. He never received a package. He received 4 bundles of $10K cash.

Their stories are the same.

You're correct and that's the right question, I also don't know why it's moot. I was and still am puzzled unless the prosecutor changed his mind and gave them the info anyhow.
Didn't the article say the judge denied the motion to squash?

It wasn't until the next day that LE had starting putting everything together. I am sure he then released the money was actually a ransom.

So, not crying because his boss was dead, but because he delivered the ransom before his boss was killed? (Since he would have known the family and Mrs. F were dead when he was at the house on Thursday afternoon.) When did LE interview him? If it was before he called the employee, then the interview probably would have helped him see the possibilities. If it was after JW called the employee, hard to believe JW wouldn't have gone over his texts trying to piece things together before speaking to LE. IDK.

CDocs:
W- I stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's
pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W- l.

Yes, that's JW's second version, not the first version where he says he received a package nor the accountants' version of giving JW 'the package.'

OK...I will play!

From Charging Docs
http://www.documentcloud.org/docume...n-dellon-dennis-charging-papers-may-2015.html
Page 8

The other employee that provided the package to W-1 was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from the bank and the money was separated in four bundles that totaled ($40,000) forty thousand dollars.

I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make but when you mention "play" in this case, I rapidly lose interest. This isn't some kind of game to me.

It's not. We are just cross-posting, I think. I can't keep up!

OK...good! I don't know why a couple of posters are continuing to say that JW and the employee had different stories. They don't!!

So, not crying because his boss was dead, but because he delivered the ransom before his boss was killed? (Since he would have known the family and Mrs. F were dead when he was at the house on Thursday afternoon.) When did LE interview him? If it was before he called the employee, then the interview probably would have helped him see the possibilities. If it was after JW called the employee, hard to believe JW wouldn't have gone over his texts trying to piece things together before speaking to LE. IDK.
He may have been with LE once he got to the house...who knows?

Where are we getting one of the bundles in the picture was opened up or without the band? Missed that somehow.

Because in the charging docs, it says 2 bundles of cash, but only one with the band visible.

If the band was missing, it would no longer be a bundle but cash 1000 bills that are now splayed out since they are no longer being contained by the band. Anyone who has ever had even a small stack of cash knows it doesn't stay neat and tidy unless bound by something.

If the cash was loose, I doubt the Charging Docs would call it a bundle. Some apparently believe otherwise.

Didn't the article say the judge denied the motion to squash?

Yes that's correct the judge denied the motion from the state to quash, she called it moot.

Order Denying Motion Entered on the Docket signed in chambers by Judge Winston 6-3-15 ordering that the Motion to Quash Subpoenas is denied as moot. Order docketed and copies forwarded from chambers 6-3-15. VDJ

CDocs:
Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W-2, which stated IT received a text from W-1 on
Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W-2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text
contained dialogue and photos of a red lined bag with what appeared to be two bundles of cash, one of which
had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band.

The implication being they could not see the other white money wrap band, or they wouldn't have mentioned just seeing the one.

Could be they need the warrants (including JW's even if he gave permission) so they could access the provider's records and go back further if need be. People can give permission to access everything ON their phones, but I think Service Providers require search warrants to protect themselves, too.

I think you just can't go wrong with documenting everything, above board and legal, dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s, get yer ducks in a row.... COVER YOUR HOOHAW.

Prosecution has go beyond the basics because, especially in a case of this magnitude, you know the defense team will be doing the same and trying to undermine what the prosecution has presented.

I think that is exactly what they are trying to do with the SW requesting the ping/location data for the days leading up to the murder and probably have the data analyzed by now.

I believe if you read some of the older articles, it makes it very clear that the fire was reported via 911, not by the alarm company. It is unlikely the alarm company was even aware of it because LE is looking for the DVR from the system.

JMO
I understand a neighbor called 911. An alarm company would also call 911 to report. I am not saying it is what happened, but a possibility of what could of happened. I don't know how removing the dvr would effect the fire monitoring system. It may be totally different, but I know we can unplug our dvr (used for our tv, but from the same system), and it doesn't effect our internet. Maybe it isn't a good comparison, and like I said, I don't know, but I just don't know how removing a dvr stops the rest of the system from working.

Yes that's correct the judge denied the motion from the state to quash, she called it moot.

Order Denying Motion Entered on the Docket signed in chambers by Judge Winston 6-3-15 ordering that the Motion to Quash Subpoenas is denied as moot. Order docketed and copies forwarded from chambers 6-3-15. VDJ
Then either the evidence was turned over or the defense no longer wants it. I am guessing it was turned over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1