DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the person who answers the phone at AIW immediately calls the driver/assistant at the dojo? I guess it's possible...

Of course they would call the Dojo - or go next door, depending on which AIW was notified. I am sure they were looking for SS...and they would ABSOLUTELY ask his driver/assistant! If SS is missing, he may very well be the VERY FIRST person to ask of his whereabouts.

Actually that isn't what is stated - at least not on the charging doc - where it says JW received a package ("The other employee that provided the package to W-1"), which had four stacks, not that the four stacks were loose and unpackaged. The 'package' that the employee confirms matches JW's original story rather than JW's revised story. The first story was straightforward and rather direct where he was to pick up a package and drop it off while it was the second story that went all Alice In Wonderland to explain the pictures, but LE makes a point of confirming that SS said to get a package and the employee gave him a package, but it's only JW's second story that says he didn't get a package and that is not confirmed by the employee per the charging doc.

This is getting sooo confusing!

I'm sorry, but there's just too many red flags surrounding JW. His lies regarding his receiving and delivery of the ransom money, the red bag vs the manilla envelope, the car being locked vs unlocked, etc., that it is taking more and more possible explanations to try and explain it all away. I hope JW is not involved, but unless LE comes out and makes a statement clearing him of any involvement, I remain very suspicious of him. The media is putting more heat on JW and I'm assuming they're doing so with LE approval, which if so is also very telling. If it turns out that JW has no involvement in any of this, JW only has himself and his lying to blame for being under so much scrutiny.

Recently, some posts have referred to Philip S. as having been "burned alive." But, earlier news stories based iirc on coroner's reports seemed to assume he had died first of the traumatic injuries and then the fire was set. It is all too too horrible. Don't know how anyone could do any of it. I am hoping the stabbing or the blunt force was such that all died almost instantly.

:( Yes . Coroners report included COD as thermal injuries in addition to blunt force . Thermal injuries = burned when alive as that can be differentiated in Burnt after death by the corner if they are a medical doctor.

I was thinking their cars would have burned up and they might have wanted to go somewhere since their home is burned. Maybe they ran to the neighbors when the fire started and now they need a ride ?

That sounds convoluted to me. If they ran to a neighbor's house because their house was on fire and their cars burned up, wouldn't the neighbor take them wherever they needed to go? If they were injured, an ambulance would take them to the hospital. The house was still on fire at 1:40, as it took the fire department half an hour to get it under control (not that JW would know that). But ten minutes after the fire department arrives at your burning house, I don't see you needing to go anywhere that you can wait for your driver (who is half an hour away).

And you don't think that LE has spoken with the Accountant to verify his story? When the CD came out, this crime was almost a week old. I guarantee you LE had spoken to the Accountant and know what happened.

Yes, it's in the charging doc where that employee confirms that JW was given a 'package,' not loose stacks of money out of his pockets.

Well, the thing is he LIED to law enforcement--three lies about significant details--when investigators were interviewing him about probably what will turn out to be the most significant event in his life, the murder of his boss and his boss's family, a horrific murder. Now he has had a small part to play, some calls, money drop off--and there are not all that many facts he must recall. Yet he gets thing wrong. And he admits he lied. Lt me speak for myself. I don't understand why anyone would lie at this juncture--on purpose lie! JMO

I think he lied because he thought all he needed to clear himself was his phone pinging in VA.
He had no idea LE would find the photo of the money he texted to his girl friend. If it were not for that photo/text, he would have stuck to his story that he placed the entire package as directed by SS and went about his day and LE would blame DW for ALL the missing money.

JMO

Has anything been stated anywhere that the bank did indeed provide exactly $40,000?

Exactly. He worked for them for one month. Why would he cry?

I don't find the crying as suspicious as the waiting until the next day to call crying. Something about the time lag is off IMO. I can see him calling, crying, immediately, when he can't reach SS. But the next day? When according to WaPo he went to the house when hearing about the fire?

But the Wed night text did not mention MONEY. It said there was a package to be delivered to him. The next day he is told to meet the accountant at the bank. If it were me, I might think this was a separate errand from the one I was told about the night before. JMO

Wouldn't SS have made it clear Thursday morning that the package he texted about on Wednesday is the same "package" he's having JW pick up on Thursday morning? Since he called to give more details (I assume) about the pick up and delivery on Thursday morning?

I could be wrong, but I thought that JW had gone to the Dojo with whatever he bought at the hardware store. And then the AIW employee called the Dojo....and then JW left for SS's home and began texting them...?

That would make more sense to me. I can see that from the WaPo article, except that it says he learned about it from an AIW employee. One who was at the dojo? Or at the welding school next door? Or that called him directly? It's not clear - I should not have assumed he was called by an AIW employee. Mea Culpa.
He learned about the fire from someone at American Iron Works, and he texted Amy and Savvas Savopoulos several times as he drove to their home.

If neighbor saw S home fire, (phoned 911?), phoned AIW, then-
And the person who answers the phone at AIW immediately calls the driver/assistant at the dojo? I guess it's possible...

IDK about AIW chain of command or comm system, but is this poss sequence?
1. neighbor phoned AIW gen #
2. call or message was routed to Mr S's secretary, PA, what-ev title
3. she tried reaching Mr S on his cell, left VM, and texted, failed to talk w him.
4. she tried Mrs S cell, left VM, texted, failed to talk w her.
5. she tried S home landline, ditto.
6. she tried dojo landline, learned Mr S not there.
7. she next tried phoning Mr S' driver asst/JW's cell and reached him?

That's a lotta phoning, VM'ing & texting in a short period.
Poss? IDK. JM2cts, could be all wrong.

I'm late and behind reading here. I see that although the search warrants were released today, they were executed back on May 14.

Pretty sure he said he handed him 4 bundles of money and JW put it in his red bag.

That is what JW says, but not the accountant where the accountant says there was a package and the money was in 4 stacks:
"The other employee that provided the package to W- 1 was
interviewed
and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from
the bank and the money was separated in four bundles that totaled (540,000.00) forty thousand dollars."
'The package' is emphasized throughout the docs that have been posted from SS the day before telling JW to get the 'package,' JW's original story about getting a 'package' and the account confirming they gave JW a 'package.' What does not fit in this narrative is JW's second story saying there was no package given to him and it doesn't make sense either that neither the bank manager nor the accountant would put it into a package of some kind and instead just have the accountant put $40K in his pockets.

Another thought - my alarm company has on file an "in case of emergency" alternate number. We were required to give someone's info who does not reside at our house. Perhaps SS had given his parents number and the alarm company alerted them, and as prior owners of AIW they knew who to call to find their family and that was how the word got out to AIW so quickly?

ETA: never mind. I don't think we know whether an alarm company got a fire signal. Don't mind me....

NG did say that SS' mother called her to see if she was okay.

That would make more sense to me. I can see that from the WaPo article, except that it says he learned about it from an AIW employee. One who was at the dojo? Or at the welding school next door? Or that called him directly? It's not clear - I should not have assumed he was called by an AIW employee. Mea Culpa.
He learned about the fire from someone at American Iron Works, and he texted Amy and Savvas Savopoulos several times as he drove to their home.

No mea culpa needed because that is pure speculation stated as fact and it sure is getting tiresome.

Nowhere has it been stated that JW went to the dojo or heard information while there nor has it been confirmed he actually did hear about the fire from an AIW employee.

Pass the salt.

JMO

And you don't think that LE has spoken with the Accountant to verify his story? When the CD came out, this crime was almost a week old. I guarantee you LE had spoken to the Accountant and know what happened.

From CDocs:
The other employee that provided the package to W- l was
interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from
the bank and the money was seperated in four bundles that totaled ($40,000.00) forty thousand dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1