DE - Dominion Voting Systems vs. Fox News, $1.6B Defamation Trial for 2020 election lies, 17 Apr 2023 *Settled $787m* + add’l trials

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t understand why Lindell’s attorney was so passive when his client was being disrespectful. He tried to mildly reel him in a handful of times, but he mainly just let Lindell behave abominably. Wouldn’t it be his duty to advise him that his behavior was going to cost him? Or maybe he saw that Lindell aggressively responded to Coomer’s attorney’s warnings to that effect and figured it was no use. How could any attorney want to represent Lindell?!

JMO
Maybe he's afraid of being yelled at, like Mark Meadows was afraid of Trump yelling at him.

jmo

I don’t understand why Lindell’s attorney was so passive when his client was being disrespectful. He tried to mildly reel him in a handful of times, but he mainly just let Lindell behave abominably. Wouldn’t it be his duty to advise him that his behavior was going to cost him? Or maybe he saw that Lindell aggressively responded to Coomer’s attorney’s warnings to that effect and figured it was no use. How could any attorney want to represent Lindell?!

JMO
BBM. For money? That's all I got...

BBM. For money? That's all I got...

Lindell’s attorney must be really hard up for money to allow his client to treat a fellow attorney like that! There was no excuse for the verbal c * * p Lindell threw at Dr Coomer’s attorney, like an angry chimp at the zoo.

I’m hopeful that the judge will force Lindell to give his deposition in court where the judge has all the power. Lindell needs to be taught a lesson in civility, respect, decorum, etc, even if it means spending a night or two in jail for contempt…which will, of course, allow him to play victim all the more. But seeing him brought to heel would be so gratifying!
JMO

He’s clearly unhinged. The lawyer was reading routine admonition to start of the dep and Lindell screams, “Don’t scold me!” Wow.
He is unhinged- and his pillow suck- When Bed Bath and Beyond was in business and selling those pillows, I checked one out- and it was very lumpy and I thought do people really buy these lumpy pillows? at that point I did not know that Lindell was a lunatic

He is unhinged- and his pillow suck- When Bed Bath and Beyond was in business and selling those pillows, I checked one out- and it was very lumpy and I thought do people really buy these lumpy pillows? at that point I did not know that Lindell was a lunatic

One of Lindell’s longest and most intense tirades occurred when Dr Coomer’s attorney was questioning Lindell about how calls to customer service were handled. Some people were given an email address to contact Lindell directly, that went into a file he never saw. Coomer’s attorney asked about the type of complaints…such things as “lumpy pillows”? The doo-doo hit the fan!!

Pg 16-17 of the transcript (blue lettering at top) or 70-71 (page numbering at bottom)—

One of Lindell’s longest and most intense tirades occurred when Dr Coomer’s attorney was questioning Lindell about how calls to customer service were handled. Some people were given an email address to contact Lindell directly, that went into a file he never saw. Coomer’s attorney asked about the type of complaints…such things as “lumpy pillows”? The doo-doo hit the fan!!

Pg 16-17 of the transcript (blue lettering at top) or 70-71 (page numbering at bottom)—

That hit a nerve!

I saw this article today about personal Fox staff messages to each other ... while Fox were publicly reinforcing the election Big Lie. These messages form part of Dominion's lawsuit.

"Documents released in recent weeks as part of a $1.6 billion defamation suit against Fox News by Dominion Voting Systems have revealed extraordinary private communications and depositions from the network’s star hosts and executives."

(A few examples, more in the article, which can be viewed by signing up for a free account)

Two days before the insurrection at the Capitol building.

Two weeks before the inauguration of President Biden.

So Amazing just how two faced Carlson is. Honestly, I never thought tRump would be able to hold onto his "relevance" after the 2020 election. How wrong so many of us have been.

Fox News’ parent company is facing more legal troubles for amplifying former President Donald Trump’s 2020 election lies.

Pension funds for New York City and the state of Oregon sued Fox Corp. in Delaware on Tuesday. They allege that as shareholders they were negatively impacted by Fox News’ decisions to air falsehoods, which resulted in a $787.5 million defamation settlement with Dominion Voting Systems and other legal claims.

They argue that Fox’s leaders “consciously disregarded defamation risks” in an effort to stay in viewers’ good graces, including by spreading claims of election fraud in the 2020 presidential race that they knew to be false.

Fox News’ parent company is facing more legal troubles for amplifying former President Donald Trump’s 2020 election lies.

Pension funds for New York City and the state of Oregon sued Fox Corp. in Delaware on Tuesday. They allege that as shareholders they were negatively impacted by Fox News’ decisions to air falsehoods, which resulted in a $787.5 million defamation settlement with Dominion Voting Systems and other legal claims.

They argue that Fox’s leaders “consciously disregarded defamation risks” in an effort to stay in viewers’ good graces, including by spreading claims of election fraud in the 2020 presidential race that they knew to be false.

Somewhat surprising that pension funds would invest in Fox Corp. I thought they were supposed to invest funds in lower-risk, secure investments.

Thanks to the video going viral, Lindell went running to Alex Jones to explain why he used such foul language despite claiming to be a devout Christian.

"You can attack me I can take that I can take it, you start attacking my pillow, my employees I got a big problem with that," he told presenter Alex Jones on Monday.

He continued: "For them to leak it, it backfired on them Alex. They released all these tapes that they shouldn't have, all these clips that they sound bit from these three depositions, not just one."

Lindell also hit out at Cain as well as another Dominion attorney, and accused Coomer of making strange faces during the deposition. He told Jones: "You have the same criminal crooked lawyers and this guy making faces at me, the guy Eric Coomer, the guy that's actually suing me, I didn't even know who this guy was, he's making faces and doing this stuff, you don't see him in the camera but I'll tell you what."

Speaking to Newsweek after the March deposition footage appeared online Lindell said: "The evil lawyer attacked MyPillow and my employees...that's the part you media people are ignoring!! You are as bad as them for what you are all doing to our country!"

He added: "They attacked my employees and MyPillow...evil evil and evil."

The videos were released as part of the motion, with Coomer's legal team saying they were "demonstrably worse than any attempt to describe the conduct" of Lindell.

Thanks to the video going viral, Lindell went running to Alex Jones to explain why he used such foul language despite claiming to be a devout Christian.

"You can attack me I can take that I can take it, you start attacking my pillow, my employees I got a big problem with that," he told presenter Alex Jones on Monday.

He continued: "For them to leak it, it backfired on them Alex. They released all these tapes that they shouldn't have, all these clips that they sound bit from these three depositions, not just one."

Lindell also hit out at Cain as well as another Dominion attorney, and accused Coomer of making strange faces during the deposition. He told Jones: "You have the same criminal crooked lawyers and this guy making faces at me, the guy Eric Coomer, the guy that's actually suing me, I didn't even know who this guy was, he's making faces and doing this stuff, you don't see him in the camera but I'll tell you what."

Speaking to Newsweek after the March deposition footage appeared online Lindell said: "The evil lawyer attacked MyPillow and my employees...that's the part you media people are ignoring!! You are as bad as them for what you are all doing to our country!"

He added: "They attacked my employees and MyPillow...evil evil and evil."

The videos were released as part of the motion, with Coomer's legal team saying they were "demonstrably worse than any attempt to describe the conduct" of Lindell.

So to summarize, "He called my pillows lumpy and made faces!"

jmo

Actually, the lawyer didn’t call his pillows lumpy, he was referring to call center complaints about lumpy pillows .. but of course Lindell blows it up and now accuses the lawyer of calling his pillows lumpy.

Lawyers contend that MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell was “combative, vulgar, disrespectful, nonresponsive, evasive and consistently loud” during three depositions in a defamation case against him.

In a Sept. 7 motion, lawyers for a former Dominion Voting Systems executive are asking a judge to require Lindell to appear at the federal courthouse in Denver for the next deposition in the lawsuit over Lindell’s rigged election claims.
During the depositions, Lindell labeled the plaintiff, Eric Coomer, “disgusting slime” and his lawyer “an ambulance chasing, slimy, lawyer.”

Besides answering in “meandering filibusters,” Lindell “insisted on various breaks,” the motions says. At one point, he left a deposition to appear on the War Room podcast of Steve Bannon, a former adviser for former President Donald Trump, where he discussed the deposition and MyPillow products.

Lawyers contend that MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell was “combative, vulgar, disrespectful, nonresponsive, evasive and consistently loud” during three depositions in a defamation case against him.

In a Sept. 7 motion, lawyers for a former Dominion Voting Systems executive are asking a judge to require Lindell to appear at the federal courthouse in Denver for the next deposition in the lawsuit over Lindell’s rigged election claims.
During the depositions, Lindell labeled the plaintiff, Eric Coomer, “disgusting slime” and his lawyer “an ambulance chasing, slimy, lawyer.”

Besides answering in “meandering filibusters,” Lindell “insisted on various breaks,” the motions says. At one point, he left a deposition to appear on the War Room podcast of Steve Bannon, a former adviser for former President Donald Trump, where he discussed the deposition and MyPillow products.He
He is some piece of work!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back