DE - Susan Ledyard, 50, found dead in river (suspected homicide), Wilmington, 23 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It has to be someone she knows if she was talking to friends 15 minutes before her car was driven near the bridge, parked, and the lights turned off.

What did she tell her friends she was going to do? If she said nothing, who was she with earlier in the evening?

Actually, that might not be true. Maybe she finished talking to friends, was bonked on the head, her car was driven to the bridge, she was ... taken somewhere else?

How did she end up 3 miles downstream 4 hours later with injuries inconsistent with suicide?

I love your question...what did she tell her friends she was going to do.
She was home alone and her husband was out at the movies until 11pm when he came home and went to bed. She was on the back deck texting, mostly with friends and family in California.

Did the police release the victims' vehicle right away without doing the proper forensic work? Did they take a voluntary blood sample from the husband? Did they look for any potential evidence around the victims' vehicle in a timely manner, including on and under the bridge. Did they cordon off the areas of potential evidence near the vicinity of the body including the entire shoreline of the adjacent Kirkwood Park and also where N.Locust St, and Church St meet the Brandywine Creek? Did they test the water from the victims' lungs to see if it came from the creek? There is a small car dealership and repair shop on the creek where the body was found. Did the victim ever have any interaction with this establishment? Was it just a coincidence that the victim was to attend the Rolling Stones concert in Philadelphia that day? Are the police 100% sure that the body didn't travel the three miles down the creek from where the victims' vehicle was discovered.

That's a great question regarding why the police have only given description about her top and not her total appearance.

The Dateline article mentioned Susan being a night owl and someone who liked to stay up late, especially in summers as they were her time off from teaching. That doesn't seem to ring accurately; I would guess that the average school teacher does not stay up until 3am, even on their summer vacations.

It's hard to determine the motive here.

Has anyone looked into the owners of the house she and her husband rented? I say rented because when searching homes on Riverview, none are owned by Ledyards/Morriseys. And to make a left on PA ave and end up at Walkers Mill in 2, it would seem to make sense that they lived at 1113 Riverview, which is a property that is rented out.

Did the police release the victims' vehicle right away without doing the proper forensic work? Did they take a voluntary blood sample from the husband? Did they look for any potential evidence around the victims' vehicle in a timely manner, including on and under the bridge. Did they cordon off the areas of potential evidence near the vicinity of the body including the entire shoreline of the adjacent Kirkwood Park and also where N.Locust St, and Church St meet the Brandywine Creek? Did they test the water from the victims' lungs to see if it came from the creek? There is a small car dealership and repair shop on the creek where the body was found. Did the victim ever have any interaction with this establishment? Was it just a coincidence that the victim was to attend the Rolling Stones concert in Philadelphia that day? Are the police 100% sure that the body didn't travel the three miles down the creek from where the victims' vehicle was discovered.
I just learned they released the car immediately.
It was just coincidental that they had rolling stones tickets.
The police are 100% sure the body didn't travel the 3 miles. With the height of the water and the obstacles of rocks, it was physically impossible.

It says that, although she parked her car at a weird angle (blocking the parking lot) a little after that time, police believe she was active between 3-7am. What makes them think this? Is she seen on video getting out of the car voluntarily? And how do we know her phone was found in her car? I didn’t read that anywhere. Do we know anything about her purse/was it found in her car?

1. Her phone was in the car so no way to "track" her.
2. The car was blocking the entrance to the parking lot so it was reported when people showed up for work the next day and couldn't access the lot.
3. The family never thought it was suicide. They believed it was accidental.

Questions:
1. Was Susan the one who drove her car to the empty lot?
2. How do the police know she was "active" from 3 am to 7 am?
3. Given she drowned after the blunt force trauma, she was thrown in the river alive?
4. Why do they describe the top she was wearing but nothing from the waist down?
These are all excellent questions. How do we know her phone was found in her car? What about her purse?
If water was found in her lungs, then yes, she was still alive when thrown/knocked into the river.

Is it possible that maybe, being tipsy and on Ambien, she left to buy cigs and was so out of it, she parked in a strange area and began walking, forgetting her phone in her car? Or slept walked or something and by chance, stumbled upon the wrong person?

I mean I have dated teachers and yes they can get nocturnal during the summer, but a fifty year old woman doing this seems out of sorts.

IMO they obviously have cctv of her car pulling halfway into parking lot and shutting the headlights off at this particular time. Now, so many questions still remain about personal belongings and what these texts were about that late/early but I’m sure they are holding close to the vest for a reason. Sadly, with as much time that has passed I just wonder if they got a dna profile but it’s not matching anyone which would lead to random.
The blunt force trauma and then tossed into the river also seems like it’s not that personal.

She was outside on her deck in the middle of the night. Could someone have seen her and abducted her and taken her there? I can't see someone with common sense meeting a person in a secluded area at 3 a.m. That's scary.

How far from where Abbie Flynn went missing I wonder?

She was outside on her deck in the middle of the night. Could someone have seen her and abducted her and taken her there? I can't see someone with common sense meeting a person in a secluded area at 3 a.m. That's scary.
The only scenario that makes sense is it was a person she knew. Although IMO it would be a person she didn’t want her husband to know about. Otherwise, she likely would have said to her husband “I just got a message from ___ and she’s really upset and needs to talk to someone” etc. I think it’s possible she was up so late, long after the husband went to bed, because she was waiting for a call/message. It’s a very curious case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches
Back