Dead Folks and Decomp *WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS IN OPENING POST*#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't hold your breath. No pun intended in the dead folks and decay thread.:crazy:

I wish she would answer questions that have been given her. I enjoy her posts, I just wish I could get a grasp on why she isn't seeing what's been laid out in front of her. Hugs NTS :)

--------------------------
Hi Tulessa, I hope I word this right.I believe in one Doc drop there were results from the body farm on the decomp..It was stated that animal decomp and human decomp do not have the same chemical components.It was interesting,I read in the body farm a lot,one sure can learn.:clap:

ICA had been texting before she even ditched her car, about the smell of something dead.If it was the trash she would have removed it. I don't think many jurors will be able to get past so many people describing the smell of a dead body in the car,combined with the fact Caylee was last seen getting into that car. Later her fully decomposed body was found. It's just common sense.

Do we know what YM was working on before coming to the house? I see no need to besmirch this good man's name. There's no LOL about that IMHO.

All I gotta say is , I can't wait until they blow this chick away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is guilty!!! Why all this stuff in the car of an innocent Mother of The Year????? Please??!!

Maggots migrate...do we know which direction the maggots traveled from?

Perhaps the friendly skies :-) I have heard theories like they were on the carpet and Kc opened the trunk so they got scared and crawled into the bag.

One reasonable theory though is that the bag sat in a dumpster for 30 hours, and as the renown famous scientist Dr Hl says. Ah contaminated sample is ah contaminated sample.

If they can establish that it is contaminated evidence, that could be a problem. IMO

I have never smelled a human corpse, but a neighbor was found dead in a trailer after about a week and they said the smell was so bad, they were going to have to destroy the trailer. This was after they kept the windows open for about two weeks.

For the sake of your request BBM, I can give you some examples of things I have smelled.

I guess someone could try to say it was a rattlesnake in the trunk. It smells like something dead. I've smelled them and it's a terrible smell. And, there was that dead one that Kronk had.

Dead animals can smell.
I've had to pull a shot dead deer out of a pond and it was enough to make me gag and gag.

A dead dog with vultures attacking it smells bad when the wind blows right.

I had a baby goat who was killed by a billy and by the time I got home that afternoon, it was already decomposing with maggots and blowflies, etc. all over the openings (eyes, nose, mouth, rectum). It smelled, but I don't remember an overwhelming smell.

Even the tadpoles I vacuumed out of the pole had a stench when they die out in the sun.

I can't remember exactly what HLee said when he looked into the trunk to examine it, but he knew it right off. Maybe someone remembers the video where IIRC he jerked his head back when he got a whiff.

Even after ICA and the A's tried their best to clean out all the evidence, I have no doubt that it was Caylee's decomposing body that was in the trunk of the car, NONE WHATSOEVER.

Watcher,

Thank you for your reply and I appreciate everything you said. All things that die and decompose do have an odor and each would have their own individual smell depending on the animal.

I was trying to solicit what some people believe was decomposing in the TRUNK as opposed to Human. Some here have acknowledged a decompositional event took place but, they don't believe it to be human. So, I am trying to see what else they can perpetuate to be decomposing that wasn't human.

This is where I disagree with Csi Bloise. There were maggots in that bag and where there are maggots there is food. Maggots need food to multiply. So someone is trying to pull the wool over someones eyes here. Maggots do not form on clean washed out recycled containers. There must be food. IMO

So some established that there is no food and I established that there must be food. Agree to disagree? thanks

Ps what evidence is there to support a different idea. Maggots is the answer yes indeed. thanks

People come into emergency rooms every day with maggot infestations in open wounds. Rotting flesh is a maggot food of choice NTS. They're used in medicine to debride necrotic wounds. When there's no necrotic tissue left to eat, the maggots drop off.

I have no doubt the maggots found in the car will share bug DNA with those no doubt found dead in the bag Caylee was dumped in. Poor little guys fell off the body while she was being packaged for disposal.

Perhaps the friendly skies :-) I have heard theories like they were on the carpet and Kc opened the trunk so they got scared and crawled into the bag.

One reasonable theory though is that the bag sat in a dumpster for 30 hours, and as the renown famous scientist Dr Hl says. Ah contaminated sample is ah contaminated sample.

If they can establish that it is contaminated evidence, that could be a problem. IMO

BBM

So then if we take this/your reasonable theory that the bag was in the dumpster for 30 hours, well maybe the maggots came from the dumpster and not KC's trunk...that would then negate the food being in the trunk theory as you say.

Because if the maggots came from the dumpster, then they didn't come from the trunk because there was no food for them to feed on.

So then I guess it was human decomp after all huh?

You can't have it both ways.

You need to do some research on maggots IMO. This circular endless debate is getting tired and defies science.

BBM

So then if we take this/your reasonable theory that the bag was in the dumpster for 30 hours, well maybe the maggots came from the dumpster and not KC's trunk...that would then negate the food being in the trunk theory as you say.

Because if the maggots came from the dumpster, then they didn't come from the trunk because there was no food for them to feed on.

That is just a theory that I saw in the past. I didn't come up with it. lol
Its not my theory, it was posted as a reasonable theory? Do you think it is a reasonable theory?

I am not trying to have it both ways. Where there is maggots there is food. Would you not agree?

You need to do some research on maggots IMO. This circular endless debate is getting tired and defies science.

Its not my theory, it was posted as a reasonable theory? Do you think it is a reasonable theory?

I am not trying to have it both ways. Where there is maggots there is food. Would you not agree?

link to quoted post please

I'm glad we agree. :waitasec: lol!

State 1 Defense 0

BBM

I would agree.

Closed this thread temporarily.

As I fixed a minor problem a couple pages back I was working my way toward the newer posts....when I caught a hard-right turn OT calling into question what Det. Melich was doing before he arrived on the scene.

Geez. Stay on-topic, please. And if you want to bash a player in this case - on either the prosecution OR the defense - you're in the wrong forum. You'll have to do that somewhere else.

Re-opening the thread w/ a shortened fuse.

BBM

That's why it's so important to discuss and try to debunk theories. Thanks!

Closed this thread temporarily.

As I fixed a minor problem a couple pages back I was working my way toward the newer posts....when I caught a hard-right turn OT calling into question what Det. Melich was doing before he arrived on the scene.

Geez. Stay on-topic, please. And if you want to bash a player in this case - on either the prosecution OR the defense - you're in the wrong forum. You'll have to do that somewhere else.

Re-opening the thread w/ a shortened fuse.
thread-1.jpg

Wouldn't the maggots be interested in the grave wax on the napkin????

As Jbean said in her post your opinion is noted. Jbean also notes that the evidence and such is in direct conflict with that opinion (paraphrased).

However lets look at the reality of the situation and the evidence. Multiple witnesses have given statements as to the smell. GA was in LE and a detective no less. His testimony is very clear and precise as to what the smell was. The evidence in this case is pretty clear as to what was in the trunk. It wasn't trash and certainly wasn't the trash found in the vehicle that caused that smell. We aren't talking about 40 or 50 lbs of rotten meat in the trunk. It was empty food containers in the trash if I remember right from the doc's.

The reality of it is this. Human decomp doesn't smell like trash especially the type of trash found in Casey's car. Also there was no dead animals found in the trunk. It was empty processed food containers. In no way will empty processed food containers smell like human decomp....period.

I understand you have never personally smelled human decomp and that's a good thing. However that lack of knowledge also makes it very hard for someone to understand the full reality of how bad human decomp really is. For people that have smelled it they completely understand the clear difference in human decomp and a bag of empty processed food containers. In fact I find the notion rather silly considering my experience with it. Not a slam on people that may think they could smell the same, but with experience in having smelled it. I find the notion personally humorous do to my own knowledge that it is so vastly different.

To illustrate: Every day people take their trash out. Some in various degrees of age/putridity and yes it smells bad but it's not something that is going to bring an experienced LEO the heaves/vomit or requires one to place vicks vapor rub under their nose just to get the stench from over powering you. Which by the way is hard to get out of facial hair.

Also I would like to point out that cadavers in a lab setting and those in the county morgue in storage also do not smell like real world decomposing humans or ones that have been found burned in a fire.

As a Criminal Justice major in college I worked with specimens in the cadaver lab during our forensics class. The same lab was used by the nursing and pre-med students as well. As a volunteer fire fighter I have been in homes for wel-fare checks in which the person died in the home and was there for some time as well as being near burned bodies. Empty processed food containers simply would not produce this odor....period.

I have a couple of questions. I had a dog who liked to pick on skunks, and there was no doubt in anyone’s mind that he had been sprayed by a skunk. That odor was unmistakable and distinctive, and never confused with any other odor.
My first question is, how distinctive is the odor of a decomposing human in comparison with the very distinctive odor of a skunk? I can not think of any odor that is comparable to a skunk, but I have read that the odor of a decomposing human is similar to that of rotting potatoes.
My second question is in regards to the empty processed food containers found in the white trash bag in the trunk. If all the processed food containers were empty, and there was no food in the white trash bag at all, what is the scientific explanation for the presence of maggots inside the white trash bag? I watched the body farm video of maggots devouring a cow, in a hurry. I’m sure these maggots were not members of weight watchers, so I have to wonder what it was they were doing in the white trash bag. I have had the unfortunate experience of being unable to locate a 6 oz piece of steak, in a very large store, that emitted an odor that was almost bad enough to gag a maggot, For 3 weeks this odor just lingered in the air. We finally located the culprit, and disposed of the rotting piece of steak. Once we disposed of the source of the odor, the odor slowly dissipated. After 3 months, there remained a faint odor of rotten meat. The rotten smell from this 6 oz piece of steak covered an area larger than a football field. The temperature in this store was always around 70 degrees. I do not think it would take very much rotting food to cause a horrendous smell in an enclosed environment like the trunk, heated by the florida sun for over two weeks. I also think the thriving maggots would have devoured this rotting food. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam