Death Penalty Vs Life in Prison and Why

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

do you want Casey to get the death penalty?

• yes

Votes: 106 59.2%
  • no

Votes: 73 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to have to say LWOP. Only because I think those on death row get better treatment - single cells, 3 squares, etc. Not saying it's a joy ride - but they are safe and protected.

I would prefer CA to be in the gen pop, where she'll have to pay for her protection, get harassed, and suffer every day. That will not be fun!

Just my opinion.

Mel

There's no 100% gaurantee that she will be in gen. population. she may very well could be protected her whole life behind bars if she gets Life.

Earlier in this thread I posted that I support the death penalty. I voted for the death penalty in this poll, but I want to see Casey get the worse punishment and I thought LWOP would give her many many years to live with the fact that she will never be free. She will never feel remorse for what she did, but she would feel sorry for herself.

After reading some of the posts here.........that many believe she would adapt and flourish with LWOP, I've changed my opinion. I want Casey to know punishment, and the death penalty would keep her separated from the other inmates and unable to adapt and flourish. Keeping her isolated would be punishment.

Earlier in this thread I posted that I support the death penalty. I voted for the death penalty in this poll, but I want to see Casey get the worse punishment and I thought LWOP would give her many many years to live with the fact that she will never be free. She will never feel remorse for what she did, but she would feel sorry for herself.

After reading some of the posts here.........that many believe she would adapt and flourish with LWOP, I've changed my opinion. I want Casey to know punishment, and the death penalty would keep her separated from the other inmates and unable to adapt and flourish. Keeping her isolated would be punishment.

I know the feeling Leila - back and forth, back and forth. But I expect to come to a final vote on what I want when we are in the midst of the evidence at trial. I suspect the details have gotten a bit softened in my mind only because I've known most of them for a couple of years now. But I have a feeling when I am listening to the experts testifying, it will all rush back in a big horrifying black mess.

If she gets the death penalty then it could be over 20 years before she exhausts her appeals. If she gets life without parole, then she's in general population which could be very dangerous for her and she will also have many privileges that other prisoners have. I hope she gets AIDS and lives a long time suffering.

indicajane,

Why do you have to tear down our hopes and dreams of KC getting her faced punched in if she gets sentenced to LWOP and goes into gen pop? :D

I am pretty neutral when it comes to the DP (it just depends on the circumstances of the crime) but I do want KC to get death in this case. She can adapt wherever she goes, and even wrote in her letters to "muffin" that being incarcerated is the first time she's felt independent. She cannot be rehabilitated. She has no remorse for what she has done. She's just having a good ole time being away from her creepy mother, listening to the radio, reading books and mail that people send, and ordering her stupid snacks. She gets to do all this while her baby is DEAD by her own hand. Being incarcerated does not phase her...and that just doesn't sit well with me.
She should be isolated until she has to die by the State.

I think that's the only thing that would punish KC, being the narcissist that she is. It's just a shame FL only does lethal injections. She deserves to fry and not merely be 'put to sleep' for the heinous acts she put Caylee through. *sigh*

Absolutely spot on. Sociopaths THRIVE in prison. They just do. Most of us would come unglued at the idea but not this girl. Oh sure, at first she was frustrated because it took a minute to get acclimated to her new digs, but it didn't take long, that's for sure.
Her visits show us that........giggle, giggle- rub eyes- "oh, just woke up", finally catching up on my sleep!". And of course the obligatory complaint about the awful food but she learned quickly how to make nacho's out of vending machine food and how to build small houses out of her toilet paper rolls. She's having a great time and it will be even better if she gets to roam amongst her 'peers'. The weak ones will be her new victims. ICA is not a victim, she victimizes and nothing will change in prison. The players will change but the game stays the same.

Oh yeah! Sociopaths LOVE prison. That's why our prisons are full of em. They are in their element.

The best punishment for a person like ICA, if that's what we're after here, is DP. Isolation is her enemy. She solicit someone to will start a website and her new game will be stepped up to scamming money off us unsuspecting supporters, she'll write stories to reporters who will give her money to get some insight on her mind and maybe run a few stories on her progress in a few years...... al la Scott Peterson and all the high profile cases.

Google 'prisoners' and see what comes up. It's enlightening, if nothing else.

I believe she deserves Death but am feeling she's likely to get a LWOP sentence- which isn't so much glory since being sentence to death brings out the bleeding hearts to help here fight the big fight. Much more attention on her as a deadwomanwalking. Her punishment will be that she'll be ignored out here, but thrive in there.

In Florida, Life imprisonment is LWOP...there is no early release, Life means she will die in prison but can be productive along the way...JMHO

Good article on Lives behind Bars...
By BILL HEWITT, VICKIE BANE
What Happened to Some of America's Most Famous Criminals—From Pamela Smart to Mark Hacking—After the Headlines Stopped and the Prison Door Slammed Shut
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20061725,00.html

Those mentioned above seem to have "flourished" behind bars...some had problems..but their lives went on, those who they killed, did not get that chance...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I'm getting a database error...I don't know if this is posting or not....:waitasec:

That article should becompulsory reading for Juries.
I get the warm fuzzies just reading about them. ..:innocent: ICA will manipulate the system just as easily as these monsters. Death penalty should suit her just fine.

If i was on the jury, I would vote to have her executed. She is the most cold, ruthless, selfish, heartless and spitefull B I have ever known to exist. I cant imagine what complete lack of emotions a person must have to be able to kill their own child, and drive around pretending everything is A OK! Every single thing she(ICA) has done since the day Caylee went missing speaks of her guilt. Her own actions betray her. Her behaviour is that of someone who does not love, care or even think about anyone else and their well being. Bascially, a sociopath. To her, the most logical thing to do when one is finally rid of the obnoxious baggage that poops and pees, needs to be fed and loved and demands attention, is to get a tattoo to express your happiness at no longer having that awful burden. That is NOT the thought proccess of a stable, sane, normal human being, and for the reason alone, she needs to be executed. Not the tattoo it self, but her mind, her reasoning. Her thought proccess is so wrong. How does a person get that emotionally detatched from the world? From their own child? She needs the DP.

She deserves the death penalty but I am opposed to the "celebrity" it will give her.

I want KC to have to work in the most demeaning job possible while in prison. I
want her very concerned for her personal safety and I want the message brought home every single day the remainder of her life YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL .

Most of all I want to deny her the chance / opportunity to ever have another child
or r/s . That her groupies are all that are left - and they con the con..... its
surprisingly easy to do - these wingnuts never think it can happen to them and
are shocked and full of rage when it occurs .

Most of all I am looking forward to never hearing another word from any of
Anthonys once she is convicted.

The death penalty is reserved for the worst of the worst. I am just not sure what could have been worse than planning, committing and covering up (via swamp) the murder of THIS precious, young and vulnerable life. We will never know what CAYLEE had to offer this world:

4_64_120108_caylee7.jpg

caylee-anthony-in-princess-dress.jpg

48_full_320x240.jpg

Caylee.jpg

I'd say LWOP.
It's not like she's an evil intelligent serial killer like Ted Bundy.She was young and very stupid,probably didn't want the baby anyway,she was living with impossible parents.
Yes,she premeditated this,I know,but I'd still say LWOP.
I just can't compare her in my head with all those sick pedo serial child killers who, yes,IMO definitely deserve the death penalty.

Just MOO.

I'd say LWOP.
It's not like she's an evil intelligent serial killer like Ted Bundy.She was young and very stupid[/B],probably didn't want the baby anyway,she was living with impossible parents.
Yes,she premeditated this,I know,but I'd still say LWOP.
I just can't compare her in my head with all those sick pedo serial child killers who, yes,IMO definitely deserve the death penalty.

Just MOO.

Stupid people don't go out and party like it's 1999 when your own child is a 5 minute walk from your own house rotting away in the ground.

Ok, So just because she's not one of those pedo child killers she does not deserve the death penalty?

You have to remember: Caylee WAS her own child.

Casey IS Evil to the very core.

and also she's willing to Torment her OWN father even more by suggesting he is the one who killed Caylee. and she's also willing to blame her brother & father for molesting her when she was younger.

Casey is a Sick who does not deserve to breath the same air we breath.

Here is the thing about miss anthony. I believe that she is truly ok where shes at. She hasnt learned a thing in jail and, if she lives, she will continue to learn nothing. She took the life of a child for purely selfish reasons. She ruined the lives of many. She takes life for granted. If, maybe she showed some remorse and shame for her actions. If, she cried at the mention of her child. If,she pled guilty and let all these people get on with their lives, maybe then I might consider LWOP. But........she has done none of this. Instead she sits there laughing, throwing hissy fits, and flirting.If she ever got out I truly believe there would be other victims. Because of that, I believe that the suitable punishment is DEATH. all imo

Stupid people don't go out and party like it's 1999 when your own child is a 5 minute walk from your own house rotting away in the ground.

Ok, So just because she's not one of those pedo child killers she does not deserve the death penalty?

You have to remember: Caylee WAS her own child.

Casey IS Evil to the very core.

and also she's willing to Torment her OWN father even more by suggesting he is the one who killed Caylee. and she's also willing to blame her brother & father for molesting her when she was younger.

Casey is a Sick who does not deserve to breath the same air we breath.

ITA iluvmua! ICA is truly a diabolical human being to the core to quote JG! LWOP would be far too good for her, but if they cannot give death at least go there.

If she ends up on death row, she will garner entire organizations in her favor, remain in the news for years, if not decades, as dollar after dollar is spent to make sure she has every available appeal.

If she gets LWOP, she becomes just another convicted inmate, and basically goes away, except for the losers who will write to her in prison. That may make the news for awhile, but other crimes will come along and she will be forgotten, far worse for her than the spotlight of a DP "victim" who is going to be "murdered" by the state.

I would rather see her disappear into the system, never to get front page coverage again.

If she ends up on death row, she will garner entire organizations in her favor, remain in the news for years, if not decades, as dollar after dollar is spent to make sure she has every available appeal.

If she gets LWOP, she becomes just another convicted inmate, and basically goes away, except for the losers who will write to her in prison. That may make the news for awhile, but other crimes will come along and she will be forgotten, far worse for her than the spotlight of a DP "victim" who is going to be "murdered" by the state.

I would rather see her disappear into the system, never to get front page coverage again.

I think we will be hearing about Casey for years to come no matter what punishment she gets.

Here is the thing about miss anthony. I believe that she is truly ok where shes at. She hasnt learned a thing in jail and, if she lives, she will continue to learn nothing. She took the life of a child for purely selfish reasons. She ruined the lives of many. She takes life for granted. If, maybe she showed some remorse and shame for her actions. If, she cried at the mention of her child. If,she pled guilty and let all these people get on with their lives, maybe then I might consider LWOP. But........she has done none of this. Instead she sits there laughing, throwing hissy fits, and flirting.If she ever got out I truly believe there would be other victims. Because of that, I believe that the suitable punishment is DEATH. all imo

You are exactly right: Casey has NOT owned up to ANY her own actions.

Many people have suffered and she does not give a rat's butt who suffers esp. her own child.

Death is the only suitable punishment for ICA.

And after 20 years she will be 45 and have spent her life sitting on death row. At the end of 20 years there may no longer be a DP and she will remain in prison. BUT during the time she is sitting in her cell by herself she will be punished to the max. In LWOP her scenery will be different but she will pick up where she left off. jmo

If convicted LWOP. She just doesn't fit into the categorie of serial killers, mass murders, terrorists, etc., that i feel need to leave this earth. I could even go with eventual parole, but not for at least 45 years.
Of course this is without hearing all the details so just my opinion at the moment.

I can see Casey at her "job" making new friends and carrying on where she left off like nothing ever happened.

I can see her talking to her new friends about how cute the guards are etc.

She will THRIVE THRIVE THRIVE in prison if she gets life.

She has already adapted VERY well in jail. That will be the mirror image in prison.

on Death Row: She is isolated, small cell, no window (I assume) etc.

All these reasons I listed are why I don't want her to get life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes