Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's been a decade since I've followed anything about Dahmer. But LE just doesn't view males as victims. So much so that LE even delivered a vic back to Dahmer because of a lame story Dahmer gave them.

I remember that. It is sad to think how close that victim was to being saved. The way the victims were portrayed in that movie about it was also disgusting. I couldn't even watch the whole thing, it was like some wierd gay *advertiser censored*/murder film.

But, I agree, it just goes to show how LE views male victims so differently.

I am surprised at Greta's lack of acknowledgement, but I remember how she got slammed for suggesting a serial killer during Kelly Nolan's case. Maybe she is going to be very cautious about her approach now. I have no doubt her crew is following this with great interest tho. :)

Unless I am wrong, they initally named him as a suspect in stealing the car but they publicly apologized for that and they no longer consider him a suspect- if that's incorrect anyone let me know-

Yes,LE did name him,but recanted. But it is obvious they still believe this to be true. Since I'm from the Albany area and very familiar with locations,I went back and researched the original news reports from December. I sort of mapped out what LE's theory would have had to be as far as what directions Josh went in. It makes very little sense. I'm not sure if I should post it here on on the New York thread specifically. Anyone have some guidance for me?

Posted by lilyrush

it just goes to show how LE views male victims so differently.

And therein lies the problem with so many of the male disappearances. The LE who investigate them are mostly made up of "males" and they remember when they were young and did the "drinking" and "female" thing in their youth. So, when a young male has disappeared and drinking was involved (as in last time seen was at a bar) those in LE think........well, so what.........he had a few............he's probably with a female right now or drinking it off and..................they go back in their squad car........ etc. etc. etc. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Done ranting..............

Dr. Baden is well known.......................most people believe his pathological reports..................but there have been other cases that some still question, even here on WS.

Yes,LE did name him,but recanted. But it is obvious they still believe this to be true. Since I'm from the Albany area and very familiar with locations,I went back and researched the original news reports from December. I sort of mapped out what LE's theory would have had to be as far as what directions Josh went in. It makes very little sense. I'm not sure if I should post it here on on the New York thread specifically. Anyone have some guidance for me?

POST IT

:blowkiss:

Something I don't understand -- isn't drowning just drowning? I mean, would it not be almost impossible to determine if it's truly accidental if quite a bit of time had passed between death and finding the body? What I'm getting at is, if someone were held underwater by several people, or weighted with weights that are later removed (since the people who are doing this are really into complex, staged things), while drunk, they would not necessarily be bruised or show much struggling, but the reason they drowned would NOT be accidental...

I am snooping around on the net now, looking at Craigslist in some of those heavily-hit areas to see what I see...

BTW I'd love to know what those other symbols are that appear at the murder sites, but understand that they can't be revealed at this time...but they'd help at least in internet searching, may reveal political leanings (not Rep or Dem, weird leanings) and the use of symbols definitely has me thinking this is a widespread group of tight-knit weirdos doing this...

I will now be quiet and let the Big Brains post!!!

Yes, it would be almost impossible to say if a person was held underneath the water and drowned if they were already in an incapacitated state. If the person didn't fight back, it would be fairly easy to hold them underneath long enough to drown them and any evidence on their body such as fibers, hair, etc. would be washed away. This is why Chris' mother stated they were perfect murders, imo. However, Chris did show signs of a struggle with his own hair being in his hand.

Unless there are bruises or other evidence of a struggle, there isn't any way to actually distinguish a murder from an accidental drowning that I have found. They can only say that a murder occurred if the person was dead before entering the water.

BTW I'd love to know what those other symbols are that appear at the murder sites, but understand that they can't be revealed at this time...but they'd help at least in internet searching, may reveal political leanings (not Rep or Dem, weird leanings) and the use of symbols definitely has me thinking this is a widespread group of tight-knit weirdos doing this...

I will now be quiet and let the Big Brains post!!!
LOL Keep posting! Since we don't know what the other symbols are...speculation is all we have! :) While we do have some "Big Brains" here...most of us have normal size with lots of ideas and avenues to pursue. Collectively, we make a big brain tho. :D

(Maybe there is something to look at...party affiliation among the boys or their parents.)

SS/SQ:
Do you think it wise to start a thread in this form for potential victims still missing as a databank, here's my thoughts- We get an article of remains recovered in x.. rather than sift through each individual thread of possible vics, it would be like a repository and then as they are Id'd we could move the data to the individual thread?
Thoughts??

Sure! Go for it, Blink! :) I found another one in Texas today that popped up in a creek. Have no other details tho.

SS/SQ:
Do you think it wise to start a thread in this form for potential victims still missing as a databank, here's my thoughts- We get an article of remains recovered in x.. rather than sift through each individual thread of possible vics, it would be like a repository and then as they are Id'd we could move the data to the individual thread?
Thoughts??

Go for it.

I had read back where a kid said he thought something had happened to him and ended up in the hospital. Do you think maybe the detectives are also coming out with this info to see if its happened to anyone else? It would also be interesting to find out if the smiley faces were drawn before the "crime" or after. I guess they could determine that by seeing if the picture had been folded.....like in someones pocket.

http://www.vanceholmes.com/court/trial_missing.html

A guide published on the web charting the effects of alcohol lists the following conditions of an average person with an alcohol level between 0.25 and 0.40 percent:

Stupor

General inertia; approaching loss of motor functions

Markedly decreased response to stimuli

Marked muscular incoordination; inability to stand or walk

Vomiting; incontinence

Impaired consciousness; sleep or stupor
The effects of an alcohol level between 0.35 and 0.50 percent are listed as:

Coma

Complete unconsciousness

Depressed or abolished reflexes

Subnormal body temperature

Incontinence

Impairment of circulation and respiration

Possible death

Yes, it would be almost impossible to say if a person was held underneath the water and drowned if they were already in an incapacitated state. If the person didn't fight back, it would be fairly easy to hold them underneath long enough to drown them and any evidence on their body such as fibers, hair, etc. would be washed away. This is why Chris' mother stated they were perfect murders, imo. However, Chris did show signs of a struggle with his own hair being in his hand.

Unless there are bruises or other evidence of a struggle, there isn't any way to actually distinguish a murder from an accidental drowning that I have found. They can only say that a murder occurred if the person was dead before entering the water.

SS, That is a great point about his hair being in his hands. I wonder if they even deemed that as suspicious or looked right over it.

It would also be interesting to find out if the smiley faces were drawn before the "crime" or after. I guess they could determine that by seeing if the picture had been folded.....like in someones pocket.

Thank you Kristens.............I've also have wanted to know the answer to this question and have posted it already.

Still waiting for a response though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member