Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DD:

Any way "weight" can be brought into that web chart you posted on the effect of alcohol??

OK, here's the info I have gathered on Josh Szostak. He somehow gets lost from his friends at the Bayou cafe. He is seen on surviellence cameras on N.Pearl Street at 12:15. (Last text message on his phone is 12:17,but press didn't say what it said). According to tracking dogs,his scent was followed to Lincoln park,approximently 3/4's of a mile away from where he was last seen. It was in the direction of where he left his car and where hewas going to be sleeping that night. The dogs lose the scent there.
LE finds his cell phone 1 1/2 miles away in the opposite direction of his car,in the Port of Albany. It is near a stolen Dept of Environmental Conservation car. That car was stolen earlier(I have no idea how they know that). the garage that the car is stolen from, is no more than 1/2 mile from where it was parked.
LE would have you believe(although they have officially recanted ),that Josh,walked all that way,then turned around and walked in the complete opposite direction to steal a car,drive it along the river,park the car and then walk down to the river and fall in. All this while drunk and cold.(he only had a Tee shirt and sweatshirt on)
They really have no idea where he entered the river,but because his cell phone was found at the Port,they assume it was there. his body was found about 30 miles down river,after the ice melted.
It doesn't add up to me. And robbery wasn't a motive as he had his wallet on him with cash and credit cards. So why would someone just take someone and drop them in the river?

I had read back where a kid said he thought something had happened to him and ended up in the hospital. Do you think maybe the detectives are also coming out with this info to see if its happened to anyone else? It would also be interesting to find out if the smiley faces were drawn before the "crime" or after. I guess they could determine that by seeing if the picture had been folded.....like in someones pocket.
Welcome to WS, Kristins! While I don't know that is a reason they are coming out with it now, it could very well be a fortunate bi-product. There could be other men out there that will now come forward with their own stories!

I believe the smileys are actually painted or sketched on surfaces near the scenes and not on paper. They could possibly determine the age of the paint etc., but would not be done without help from the FBI labs, imo (in my opinion).

SS:

I would think if the smileys were drawn on paper, they are long gone by now due to rain, wind and other elements.

From the pics that were shown........the smileys were on a "board" of some sort.........maybe others were on a railroad tressel (you know, on the side) or on a bridge under a overpass of a highway)

SS:

Sorry..........just re-read your post...............you didn't say paper.

SO SORRY!!

But, I really wish you would push the fact on knowing when those "smiley faces" were first seen!!

OK, here's the info I have gathered on Josh Szostak. He somehow gets lost from his friends at the Bayou cafe. He is seen on surviellence cameras on N.Pearl Street at 12:15. (Last text message on his phone is 12:17,but press didn't say what it said). According to tracking dogs,his scent was followed to Lincoln park,approximently 3/4's of a mile away from where he was last seen. It was in the direction of where he left his car and where hewas going to be sleeping that night. The dogs lose the scent there.
LE finds his cell phone 1 1/2 miles away in the opposite direction of his car,in the Port of Albany. It is near a stolen Dept of Environmental Conservation car. That car was stolen earlier(I have no idea how they know that). the garage that the car is stolen from, is no more than 1/2 mile from where it was parked.
LE would have you believe(although they have officially recanted ),that Josh,walked all that way,then turned around and walked in the complete opposite direction to steal a car,drive it along the river,park the car and then walk down to the river and fall in. All this while drunk and cold.(he only had a Tee shirt and sweatshirt on)
They really have no idea where he entered the river,but because his cell phone was found at the Port,they assume it was there. his body was found about 30 miles down river,after the ice melted.
It doesn't add up to me. And robbery wasn't a motive as he had his wallet on him with cash and credit cards. So why would someone just take someone and drop them in the river?

My feeling is the cell phone either fell out of the car or was purposely left there by whoever stole the car. And I don't think where the car was left is where Josh entered the water. I think the car was there merely because whoever stole it lived near that location or their own car was near that location.

SS:

Sorry..........just re-read your post...............you didn't say paper.

SO SORRY!!

But, I really wish you would push the fact on knowing when those "smiley faces" were first seen!!

Not sure if you were asking a question, but I'll answer it anyways. lol.

The first smiley face was found at the scene related to the Chris Jenkings murder.

One would have to assume the smiley faces were only first "seen" by the two detectives when they went to where they believed the bodies were put into the water. This won't give us any kind of timeline on when they were actually put there, but the detectives have reason to believe it was around the time of the murders. I guess we will have to wait for them to release their timeline of finding the rest of those.

Not sure if you were asking a question, but I'll answer it anyways. lol.

The first smiley face was found at the scene related to the Chris Jenkings murder.
Are you sure? I thought possibly this came up while investigating others in NY first, but then the connection was made to Chris partly because of them finding it.

Here you go SS. I gather alot of new info came out in the presser yesterday, although media has only reported on snippets of it. I've been searching high and low for a vid or transcript of the entire presser with no luck. I have an email into the Minnesota station asking for this, but have not heard back.

Well NYPD is not interested in Gannon and Duarte's investigation either. I was hoping that because the detectives are one of their own, that NYPD would have been more receptive of Gannon and Duarte's work. Also, the first smiley face was found while investigating Chris Jenkin's death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...exnypd_cops_say_smiley_face_is_link_in_4.html

(snip)
"It screamed homicide," said Gannon. Jenkins was found floating on his back with his arms crossed on his chest - an unusual pose for a drowned person.
Jenkins' death was reclassified as a homicide, and the retired NYPD cops found the spot where Jenkins might have been thrown into the water.
It was there that they discovered the first smiley face.
FBI officials said they do not believe the deaths are the work of a serial killer or related.
And NYPD officials still say McNeill's death was an accident.
"We have no evidence to suggest otherwise, and no one has come forward with any evidence to suggest otherwise," said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne.

In addition to the smiley faces, is there anything else to indicate that they could be copying some of the things from that Stephen King book?

Ah, OK! Thanks, Suzi! I guess I missed that. I hope you do hear back from them soon.

I am leaning more towards the Manhunt game than the Stephen King novel personally. It seems to have more of the elements I would associate to this in the overall scheme of things. The only relation to the character in the novel is the pin on his lapel and he was evil.

Thanks for clarifying - I'll have to read more about the manhunt game.

Does anyone know when the ManHunt game was released?

I am just thinking that it may have been after some of these earlier murders. If so then there was something else driving these groups/cults previous to that.

Once again Son of Sam talked about the cult he was in, but would not name names nor details, just info about some of the crimes. So I guess when you add in the Manson Family ..well these kinds of strange evil people have been around a long time. I think the internet has just upped their game so they can all play with each other across the country..let their evil spread so to speak.

Well thank god for these detectives..they were able to get the broader picture then individual LE in assorted locales.

Let me help SS here and others.

I'm a huge Stephen King fan............and have "THE STAND" along with his other written works all around my house. (yes....they are scattered, and when I retire and get organized I will put them all on in one bookcase) :)

The "smiley face" that is being seen at these sites IMO, have nothing to do with this novel. (even though it is good vs. evil right now here on this site).

Video games, which is being brought up, is IMO............the way to go.

I have never been into them, but my son used to play a lot of videos. Will give him a call and ask what he knows about Manhant and others that have been brought up. Also, will warn him and tell him to warn others on the campus where he lives at!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking