Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught that on Nic's thread too Dark Shadows. Which leads me to question why so many local LE 's don't want to admit something much more sinister is in play here. I am glad Nic's Mom is persuing this with the detectives.

I read all the comments on the news articles on these cases..and most locals seem to believe that something wicked this way comes..why can't the local LE see that? And if locals know this is an unusal number of deaths in that area due to drunkeness in the wee hours..why doesn't LE see that? I mean yes people drown..not but not at that hour of the night.

As always thank you so much DarkShadows for all your efforts in the local searches in your area. You are a blessing to all. God bless you.

Josh's brother is saying the police say that Josh made up the story about people chasing him in order to impress the girl whose house he was going to. **HELLO - how many people making up stories end up dead??**

5,000 drowning deaths per year across the country, accidents are most common killer of young people. Some guy talking about how parents are grasping at reasons other than alcohol/accidents for these deaths.

At one time on Websleuths, I did the research to figure out how many people died in WI from drowning. (It's either on Homan's or Dion's thread.) In essence, although LE acts like this is a very common occurrence, it is not.

As I said on that thread, Middlebury Police do not believe that there is a connection. I believe that they are wrong. Watch the video because it is not as it appears when you post that LE is finally going to do something.

I don't think I posted that they will do "something". It appears to me that Middlebury LE is at least willing to listen and compare notes to what Duarte and Gannon have. Which is a hell of alot more than other agencies have done. What I posted was based on the following: The reporter says that Middlebury Police are reaching out to the two detectives. LE says so far they see no connection and nowhere do they state they are not interested. The website caption says "Police Look For Links Between Missing Middlebury Student And String Of Killings"

Josh's brother is saying the police say that Josh made up the story about people chasing him in order to impress the girl whose house he was going to. **HELLO - how many people making up stories end up dead??**

5,000 drowning deaths per year across the country, accidents are most common killer of young people. Some guy talking about how parents are grasping at reasons other than alcohol/accidents for these deaths.

At one time on Websleuths, I did the research to figure out how many people died in WI from drowning. (It's either on Homan's or Dion's thread.) In essence, although LE acts like this is a very common occurrence, it is not.

Why would Josh even do that..he was simply back in town to attend the wedding of a friend. That makes no sense he had no one to impress at 2 am. And then he doesn't even make it to her house..how impressive is that? The LE are full of bull in that remark.

Dr. Baden threw me for a loop on Greta. Everything he said and the way he said it leads me to believe that he is leaning towards accidental drowning due to alcohol, too. (Which may mean he found nothing of evidence in the autopsy he just performed thus far...until the tox screen comes back, but he never mentioned that case.)

LE seems to have a habit of twisting words in certain cases to fit their own theory. They did the same thing in Mike Barbiere's case. In Josh's case, it is ridiculous to think he "made up that story so the girl wouldn't be mad at him later". WTH? What kind of people are we dealing with in LE that could not only believe it, but say it with a straight face?

Found it on the Matt Kruziki thread -

I said in refuting the accident theory::::

I'll give you the best stat that I know of: In WI, in any given year, there are 1-2 deaths by accidental drowning in water (non-pool).

That means that each year in WI when a young man drowns in the Mississippi after drinking in downtown La Crosse, he accounts for 50-100% of that stat for WI for the entire year. There are a number of other towns in WI with drunk college kids and rivers, yet La Crosse seems to be the only community in which this happens on a regular basis. I went to UW, where there are fraternities located on the lake, the student union is on the lake, and believe me, people get DRUNK. Yet, the last student to drown was a suicide in 1997.

(Note that I now stand corrected - a male student did drown in Lake Mendota in 2005 or so.)

The one thing I picked up on with the PI on Greta just now was that he said it had more to do with the "demographics" of the group and not the rivers etc.
I missed this bit, but if they really believe this, they're losing more points in the credibility department. Imho, they're coming across like they're grasping at straws to buttress a theory that already presents a very slim possibility (i.e., the nation wide smiley killer gang). Not good at all. Esp when they could have just as easily pointed to statistical probabilities. For example, while some of these cases are very likely accidents, the number and geographical concentration alone indicates that some of them may be related. Also, Dr. Baden's comment (which I did catch) seemed biased too. Yes, alcohol related drownings are quite common. What he failed to mention however is that the majority of those drownings involve water sports. (CDC report on drowning)

See! They are relying on stats which are not accurately depicting the scenarios. The Stats they are using are as a whole and not divided up into accidental drownings which happen while people were around such as boating, swimming, or diving accidents. We all know that those happen more frequently to men of that age group when related to alcohol...but they happen in the summertime, usually in the daytime or early evening, and the men were probably part of a larger group enjoying water activities.

LOL Shadow~ We posted at the same time. I will go read up on the CDC stats.

True SS, who wants to go swimming by themselves in a freezing river at 2am?

The PI that was on Greta, was he representing the families or was he a talking head?

Yes, and in addition, when a person is drowning, it is quite common for the people who rush in trying to rescue that person to also drown. So the drowning statistics for recreational swimmers sadly often include not only the initial victim, but also two or three rescuers.That is because a drowning person who is even barely alert will fight with all of their power for a breath. No evidence of struggle is a very odd sign in a drowning victim.

I don't see them losing credibility because of the PI's statement. (The Detectives weren't on the program and weren't there to verify what he was saying.) That being said, what I think he was getting at is that the large river was only a convenience to where these occurred, but they are not concentrated in WI or MI because of the river where the men were found, but because of the location of these people who are doing this.

That is why we need to connect the dots around the country in other places. Are they clustered in other areas? Besides NY...are we seeing any other pattern emerge?

What are the various groupings in the places they are already investigating? Which drug gangs run there? Are there any Fraternities that have been thrown off campuses around the country?

Has there been any mention if these men were every in Boy Scouts? Eagle Scouts draw public acknowledgement across the country.

Greta's on...

Paint color and size of smiley face varied - it was found in 12 different places.
I had read elsewhere that more than twelve were found, some with horns, some not. Has only one photo been released? Also, has anyone deciphered the words next to the smiley face in the photo thread? TIA!

The one thing I picked up on with the PI on Greta just now was that he said it had more to do with the "demographics" of the group and not the rivers etc. He also let it slip that the person they believed killed Chris is in jail right now, but the others aren't.

That is not accurate from the PI that Chris' killer is in jail. Chris's parents have stated over and over again that these people need to be caught because they will continue to do this. Everywhere I have ever read about Chris' case, including the family site for him, they have never mentioned that the killer has been caught..only that he needs to be. That PI is not telling the truth.

Re: Private Detective on Greta:

FWIW, he said they've identified 30 people being involved. (I believe he meant, killers!) The ones NOT IN CUSTODY are the ones the public needs to worry about!

JMHO
fran

Re: Private Detective on Greta:

FWIW, he said they've identified 30 people being involved. (I believe he meant, killers!) The ones NOT IN CUSTODY are the ones the public needs to worry about!

JMHO
fran

Thanks Fran that makes more sense then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics