Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how they feel after Josh Szotak's autopsy tomorrow with Dr. Baden

Blink,you missed my posting and link, on previous page. That came back already(without tox screening). Showed accidental drowning. As I said on there,it still does not mean there was not foul play.
I checked out the maps of the downtown Albany area and Josh would have to have walked 2 miles in the opposite direction of where his car was parked,steal a car and drive a short distance,park the car and then take a walk 1,000 feet away to the river. It doesn't pass the smell test,in my opinion.
Maybe it isn't connected to any of these other cases,but because it involved a male and drinking it was dismissed by LE.

I am trying to look for any connections between these young men. Here are a couple I found for your consideration.

Joshua Guimond
MISSING SINCE 11/9/02

St. John's University campus in Collegeville, Minnesota

Where is Josh Guimond?

Josh was playing cards at Metten Court
and left to return to his dorm, Maur House.
sjuc.jpg

Bloodhounds

A bloodhound found both Josh Guimond and Christopher Jenkins' scent at the
university . On December 31, 2002, authorities were refused entrance to the campus monastery, then, on January 14, 2003 they were granted permission into the abby. Reportedly the dog picked up "definite scent activity with both boys but it was stronger with Josh."

Matt Kruziki's mother, Debbie, brother, Chris, and many, many others held out hope and searched, but feared the worst. Matt was the second Arrowhead graduate to go missing near the Mississippi River. For a time, Matt and drowning victim, Jared Dion, were Arrowhead varsity wrestling teammates.

Looks like Matt and Jared went to the same high school, both on the varsity wrestling team before entering college.

Blink,you missed my posting and link, on previous page. That came back already(without tox screening). Showed accidental drowning. As I said on there,it still does not mean there was not foul play.
I checked out the maps of the downtown Albany area and Josh would have to have walked 2 miles in the opposite direction of where his car was parked,steal a car and drive a short distance,park the car and then take a walk 1,000 feet away to the river. It doesn't pass the smell test,in my opinion.
Maybe it isn't connected to any of these other cases,but because it involved a male and drinking it was dismissed by LE.

Your right I did, how did they explain his phone being at the scene of the stolen car- I agree about the smell test, perhaps he did die of drowning , but I do not believe how he got there, another example of investigating a MP as "no foul play" from the beginning is crucial, hopefully Mr. S is following up.

I am trying to look for any connections between thses young men. Here are a couple I found for your consideration.

Joshua Guimond
MISSING SINCE 11/9/02

Where is Josh Guimond?

sjuc.jpg

Bloodhounds

university . On December 31, 2002, authorities were refused entrance to the campus monastery, then, on January 14, 2003 they were granted permission into the abby. Reportedly the dog picked up "definite scent activity with both boys but it was stronger with Josh."

Matt Kruziki's mother, Debbie, brother, Chris, and many, many others held out hope and searched, but feared the worst. Matt was the second Arrowhead graduate to go missing near the Mississippi River. For a time, Matt and drowning victim, Jared Dion, were Arrowhead varsity wrestling teammates.

Looks like Matt and Jared went to the same high school, both on the varsity wrestling team before entering college.

DD- I could net tell from the article if they were suggesting that their scent should not have been there- i would assume as students they would have but I am not familiar with that campus

My impression was that Chris and Josh's scent should not have been there because this area is where the monks live on campus and students would not normally go there. I could be wrong but there is more info at the site. You have to look through the whole site to get info..but at one point they put a restraining order against Guimond's father I believe, because he insisted there was foul play from the beginning and for quite sometime he was not even allowed on campus to search. Interesting .

The other odd thing is that Chris Jenkins attended U of Minn , not this college, but their two disappearances happened only 9 days apart...10/31/02 for Chris and 11/9/02 for Josh. Josh did attend this school.

This was on that site also. Does not anyone else think this COULD be interesting? How many of the OTHER missing students attended colleges associated to the chruch? or there is a college within that city connected to the church? Not sayin' it IS connected, but.....interesting none the less, imo.

Just curious,
fran

http://www.vanceholmes.com/court/trial_missing_students.html

May 01, 2002
Accused clergy remain at St. John's Abbey,
schools Abbot releases information to end 'culture of secrecy'
that aids abuse

ASSOCIATED PRESS

COLLEGEVILLE, Minn. -- Thirteen to 15 monks or priests live and work under restrictions at St. John's Abbey after being accused of or admitting to sexual abuse, the abbot for the monastery said.

The number represents about 7 percent of the 196 monks and priests affiliated with the monastery and nearby St. John's University, a preparatory school and a religious press.

Restrictions vary for the men, but they include keeping them off college or prep school grounds and out of university athletic facilities.

Abbot John Klassen, who has led the monastery in central Minnesota for 17 months, said he has been reviewing abuse allegations and wants to "clear the decks.''

He didn't offer a precise number of clergy who are restricted, in part because the types of cases vary. Klassen said the alleged victims were mostly boys ranging in age from 12 to 17, in incidents that took place in the 1970s.

. . . Klassen earlier sent a letter to St. John's University officials and students revealing abuse allegations against a former abbot, the Rev. John Eidenschink.

Klassen said he sent the letter because he wanted to put an end to "a culture of secrecy that makes sexual abuse and exploitation possible." He said the allegations had never been discussed, even within the monastery.

Eidenschink, who served as abbot from 1971-1979, was in poor health at the monastery and wasn't available for comment.

Klassen has made public eight other names: Cosmos Dahlheimer, Richard Eckroth, Finian McDonald, Brennan Maiers, Dunstan Moorse, Allen Tarlton, Fran Hoefgen and John Kelly.

Each has had "credible allegations'' levied against them, and -- except for Dahlheimer and Eckroth -- has acknowledged wrongdoing and sought treatment, Klassen said.

Your right I did, how did they explain his phone being at the scene of the stolen car- I agree about the smell test, perhaps he did die of drowning , but I do not believe how he got there, another example of investigating a MP as "no foul play" from the beginning is crucial, hopefully Mr. S is following up.

They are trying to say,he stole the car and dropped his cell phone,all this because he was supposedly so drunk. I will be very curious to see,just how drunk he really was,when the tox report comes back.
And let me ask you this? How many people know how to steal a car? I haven't heard if the DEC left it unlocked with the keys in it.And if they did,he just randomly found this car and decided to take it to the river? Did Josh,know how to hotwire a car? And if he was so drunk,would he be capable of it?

I am trying to look for any connections between thses young men. Here are a couple I found for your consideration.

Joshua Guimond
MISSING SINCE 11/9/02

Where is Josh Guimond?

sjuc.jpg

Bloodhounds

IIRC, so did Luke Holman

IIRC, so did Luke Holman

No, Luke went to Brookfield Central and was on the varsity basketball team. However, they are all from Waukesha County - and the cities are not that far apart. For sure, Luke Homan would have known ABOUT Jared, I don't know if they knew each other personally.

Luke and Jared were both at UW-L. Matt was out in Iowa - not sure what college.

As I've mentioned before on my threads, the last three WI boys have well-connected families.

Matt Kruziki's father was a U.S. Marshal, and I believe he has been a driving force behind the FBI investigation into the deaths. (Matt, like Chris Jenkins, was "kicked out" of a bar prior to his death.)

Luke Homan and Jared Dion both come from very wealthy school districts. Both were varsity athletes in major sports, so the level of awareness of them personally is very high.

IMHO, if their families still believe there was foul play, they will team up with the Jenkins family in their quest for justice.

DD and Ang and others:

Exactly.............scratching the surface is correct. I had asked in an earlier post about similarities..........I was concentrating then on descriptive aspects (i.e. hair coloring, etc.) but these cases also need to be profiled in other ways. (as what you two were discussing about sports).

This would be a major undertaking..............just like what has been started here in breaking down into states..............further breakdowns might be needed??

As I've mentioned before on my threads, the last three WI boys have well-connected families.

Matt Kruziki's father was a U.S. Marshal, and I believe he has been a driving force behind the FBI investigation into the deaths.

Well I'm glad someone is pushing the FBI on this - from the articles/videos on that MN news site, it looks like local LE isn't interested in this at all. I just don't understand how they don't at the very least owe it to the families to check the evidence out! It sounds like they're blatently ignoring it, and that is maddening to me.

The head bouncer denied that Chris was kicked out of the bar, but the 3 other bouncers state the head bouncer told them to not to let him back in. So it is unclear to me that he was actually kicked out. (This was in the police paperwork on the tv site.)

It doesn't surprise me at all that LE isn't interested. You can use Madison as an example. I don't know if it is the overall view LE takes in all cases in WI...but they certainly are not active in pursuing so many murders.

LD I don't think there are any real similarities among these men as far as their physical attributes if you look at their photos. There is also an Asian in there and he is included in their cases.

LD,

I absolutely agree about the physical characteristics. When I have looked at colored photographs of these guys, some look like they could almost be brothers.

houk2.jpg

Jeremy Houk
18-year-old Tulane University student
MISSING: 3/1/03 New Orleans
FOUND: 5/14/03 Mississippi River
Cause of Death: Drowning

nordby.jpg

Christopher Nordby
Former University of Minnesota student
MISSING: 11/7/01 Minneapolis, MN
FOUND: 2/11/02 Mississippi River

jenkins.jpg

Chris Jenkins

Darker haired guys

getz.jpg

Ryan Getz
21-years-old,
MISSING: 12/31/97 East Lansing, MI
FOUND: 4/18/98 Red Cedar River
Cause of death: Drowning

welzien.jpg

Brian Welzien
Northern Illinois University student
MISSING: 1/1/00 Chicago, IL
FOUND: 3/17/00 Lake Michigan

blair1.jpg

Eric Blair
Delta College student from Bay City
MISSING: 10/20/01 East Lansing, MI
FOUND: 10/23/01 Red Cedar River
Cause of death: Drowning

dion.jpg

Jason Dion

That's just a few in each category as far as dark hair vs light hair...but something to get you strated LD.

DD, if you put 40 college boys together...you are going to find similiar characteristics in many of them. I just don't see this as a factor here tho. (You could say they were all men that many women their age would find attractive, too...but it doesn't mean it is what groups them together in any specific way.)

Well I'm glad someone is pushing the FBI on this - from the articles/videos on that MN news site, it looks like local LE isn't interested in this at all. I just don't understand how they don't at the very least owe it to the families to check the evidence out! It sounds like they're blatently ignoring it, and that is maddening to me.

The FBI looked only at the La Crosse cases, to my knowledge, and said no foul play.

However, it at least got some people's attention. (And - this is the first time these cases have been collectively and thoroughly discussed even on Websleuths. I have been following both the MN, La Crosse and Kruziki cases for YEARS, but the threads have not been hot like they are now.) Hopefully we all will see movement on the cases.

The head bouncer denied that Chris was kicked out of the bar, but the 3 other bouncers state the head bouncer told them to not to let him back in. So it is unclear to me that he was actually kicked out. (This was in the police paperwork on the tv site.)

Hi SS!! Good to "see" you here. I had "kicked out" in quotes b/c it isn't clear in Jenkin's case, but is also not clear in Kruziki's case - there are conflicting reports.

In Kruziki's case, it was freezing temps and he left the bar w/o his jacket - or was kicked out and denied his jacket - again it is not clear.

Thank you, Sunrise! Welcome to WS!! Yes, I can easily see how Brian's case could be connected. I look forward to hearing the interview from his dad.

Did anyone ever read the book The Manhattan Hunt Club by John Saul?

It isn't exactly like this but it was about very powerful people who had a little club where they would let someone go free, but then the object was to hunt them down and kill them. Very similiar in some ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat