Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't come right out and say it...but Greta maneuvered him around to it. He said there were others involved who were not in jail..indicating there was the one in jail. Before that, he said he wouldn't get into it when asked specifically if the one responsible for Chris' killing was in jail.

I believe if you will read between the lines, you might find he is correct. He did not act alone even in Chris' death so others do remain at large.

Right! Thanks, Fran. :)

I had read elsewhere that more than twelve were found, some with horns, some not. Has only one photo been released? Also, has anyone deciphered the words next to the smiley face in the photo thread? TIA!

And I think I read 22, so who knows at this point. The words next to the smiley face says-Evil Happy Smiley Face Man.

I had read elsewhere that more than twelve were found, some with horns, some not. Has only one photo been released? Also, has anyone deciphered the words next to the smiley face in the photo thread? TIA!

I'm not finding the photo thread. Does anyone know where it is or have a link?

Bumping this up about the number of smiley faces.

22 smiley faces were found.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04292008/news/regionalnews/killer_gang_drowns_40__sleuths_108571.htm

(snip)

Gannon said McNeill's death was similar to that of Lawrence Andrews, 22, who vanished on New Year's Eve in 2006 after drinking near Grand Central Terminal.
His body was found Feb. 12, 2007, also off the 69th Street pier.
Gannon said that after studying the water flow and land contour, he concluded the similarities weren't coincidental.
In both cases, he believes the victims were drugged with GHB, a date-rape drug, and then placed in the water.

Gannon and Duarte began working in high gear in 2003, when they learned four young men had vanished in Minnesota and Wisconsin over a 40-day period. Instead of looking at where the bodies were found, the detectives looked at the point of entry into the water, finding smiley faces nearby. Nine of the 22 faces were drawn with horns, Gannon said - like an "evil, happy, smiley man."

Ang-thanks for posting about the Lake Mendota drowning? Do you know how they ruled that?

http://www.rememberchrisjenkins.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=72

This is part of a message left for Chris, from his sister, at the family site.

SNIP/
Chris is vindicated and we now know that the people that took his life took it for sport. How exactly do you deal with that? No answer is a good answer but these people just did it just because. He would have NEVER been put in this situation if it weren't for the Lone Tree
icon_smile_angry.gif
. A Lone Tree employee had his coat, cell phone, wallet, and they kicked him out for SIMPLY NO REASON and did not provide him with his belongings. They sent him into Satan's den with nothing but a paper thin costume.

/SNIP

This is another message left on the family site:

SNIP/
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]HI- I didnt know Chris but I wanted to say that I understand what your family is going through. I was watching the news tonight and the man they think may have killed Chris is the same man who murdered my brother last year. This has been a long horrible year for us as we try to understand why our brother was murdered. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]My heart goes out to your family. I hope that your family is not upset for me posting this. [/FONT]
/SNIP

BIG lurker here. Friend of Justin Gaines' family. No matter what, this is at least something that brings the cases to the forefront, and I want to thank all of you for doing this. Just putting each case together and doing what WBs do, I am humbled and so grateful. No matter what happens, you guys ROCK. 1,000 Thank You's..---K

I apologize to whoever posted this last night as they deserve credit for finding this. It's stuck with me so I'm going to repost the info. Jaramy and Luis Alford murdered Chris Miller who coincidentally owned a van. Who knows, maybe Chris Miller could have been involved with the other cases as well. And maybe, that got him killed.

http://wcco.com/topstories/Cedar.Rapids.Iowa.2.352667.html

(snips)
Two men suspected in a Minnesota slaying were arrested Friday in eastern Iowa after allegedly abandoning a stolen van in the Cedar River.

The men are accused of stealing a van Thursday from a burning mobile home in New Brighton, Minn., where authorities found Douglas Miller, 32, dead inside. Miller was not killed by the fire, officials said.

http://wcco.com/topstories/Jaramy.Lynn.Alford.2.354846.html

(snip)
The brothers had been living with Miller but were about to be evicted because they were stealing from him and not paying rent, witnesses told police. They were later arrested in Iowa after police recovered Miller's van.

ETA: some articles refer to Chris Miller and Douglas Miller.

And I think I read 22, so who knows at this point. The words next to the smiley face says-Evil Happy Smiley Face Man.
Thanks SuziQ! I could kinda sorta make out that part. What is written below that? It looks like it is signed.:waitasec:

Edit, sorry, it was the Man part that looks like something else to me. Mann, maybe, and an infinity symbol below? I dunno. Has there only been this one photo released?

BIG lurker here. Friend of Justin Gaines' family. No matter what, this is at least something that brings the cases to the forefront, and I want to thank all of you for doing this. Just putting each case together and doing what WBs do, I am humbled and so grateful. No matter what happens, you guys ROCK. 1,000 Thank You's..---K

Please don't be a lurker and join in. I can't imagine the pain family and friends are going through, and all because they want a simple answer. Hopefully an answer will come soon.

DD, from your above post:

A Lone Tree employee had his coat, cell phone, wallet, and they kicked him out for SIMPLY NO REASON and did not provide him with his belongings. They sent him into Satan's den with nothing but a paper thin costume.

That explains the odd reaction from the bouncers. they went beyond just kicking him out of the bar.

Thanks SuziQ! I could kinda sorta make out that part. What is written below that? It looks like it is signed.:waitasec:

Edit, sorry, it was the Man part that looks like something else to me. Mann, maybe, and an infinity symbol below? I dunno. Has there only been this one photo released?

IMO, it's Man. and I can't make out the rest.

That was his girlfriend that had is cell phone and wallet, right? She was an employee

Hi Kelly, hope you and Justin's family are well. As promised, I sent you a list of questions comprised of those WS'rs wanted to clarify-did you get?

I apologize to whoever posted this last night as they deserve credit for finding this. It's stuck with me so I'm going to repost the info. Jaramy and Luis Alford murdered Chris Miller who coincidentally owned a van. Who knows, maybe Chris Miller could have been involved with the other cases as well. And maybe, that got him killed.

http://wcco.com/topstories/Cedar.Rapids.Iowa.2.352667.html

(snips)
Two men suspected in a Minnesota slaying were arrested Friday in eastern Iowa after allegedly abandoning a stolen van in the Cedar River.

The men are accused of stealing a van Thursday from a burning mobile home in New Brighton, Minn., where authorities found Douglas Miller, 32, dead inside. Miller was not killed by the fire, officials said.

http://wcco.com/topstories/Jaramy.Lynn.Alford.2.354846.html

(snip)
The brothers had been living with Miller but were about to be evicted because they were stealing from him and not paying rent, witnesses told police. They were later arrested in Iowa after police recovered Miller's van.

ETA: some articles refer to Chris Miller and Douglas Miller.
SQ- it was a team effort, you were kind enough to provide the links and I pointed out the van/car issue being left in the river (one report said car/one said van) I believe that was the origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli