Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby told me he heard on one of the radio talk thows this morning that Garcia is a pompous *advertiser censored*!

Also remember his dept couldn't tell Chris Jenkins was murdered either.

He certainly sounds like one!

MS-13: Prison Gang Profile

The organization has about 30,000 members, 8,000 - 10,000 of which exist in the US. It is currently the largest gang in many states, including Northern Virginia, and according to user sources is the largest gang in North America, spreading to other nations in the east.

[...]

According to the LA Times, Gang members pay guards to smuggle in cellphones, which members use to consult and communicate with other members in Guatemala, Honduras and the US
Full article: click here

I had given thought to that gang actually, but I don't think this is their work for some reason. I think for the lack of brutality we have found.

Omg, is Garcia for real? I thought arresting murderers was a job for LE?

http://msp.blogs.com/brianlambert/2008/04/kstps-psycho-ki.html

In Piehl's story(ies), the two former detectives insist they know enough to make an arrest. "So make an arrest," says Garcia. "What are they waiting for? If they think they've got enough, they should bring it forward. As I say, from our conversation, they had no evidence that was new to us or the FBI."
They cannot do anything without the help of LE in the area...and obviously they don't have it. That is what is so frustrating to them and the reason they brought this to the media. The LE departments have had Just Cause for at least arrests or warrants...and they refuse. It is wrong. It means the local LE will have to swallow their ego and dive deeper when the detectives find things in the long run.

OK...Get this right people!! When you live in a metro area...you are better served. The guidelines are much more strict in hiring everyone. Go out to the underlying areas...and you have a different game. They do have to pass C.L.E.E.T. standards etc. Frankly...a moron can pass their tests. It is contingent on all of their "expertise" that we are relying on with some of these cases. This is what makes me so doubtful about many findings, not to mention...I think a lot of the LE is directly answering to the colleges/cities they are responsible for serving. You do NOT bring up the idea of murderers running free. Just is NOT done! You find every way possible to downplay it...drunk boys is perfect. Nothing has screamed political, but I am. All of these put into a line would be a sacrifice for a politician...now determine which one at what time and find the links that hide the truth.

Personally, I would take what someone posts in an article comment with a grain of salt. Those posters could be local LE or talking heads and we all know their opinion. Potential victims are being thrown into the mix by us here in the forum, until they can be ruled out.
I absolutely agree with you. To use a relevant but unsettling analogy: No one willing opens a door for a serial killer, they open the door because the person on the other side of the door looks like someone familiar. And of course the FBI and THE killer (if there is one) is monitoring this. Don't many serial killers relish or need the attention? Aren't we giving that to them? JMHO

Up here, we are always the last to get hip with the latest trends (Thank GOD!)

Check out this link from WPTZ.COM
http://www.wptz.com/news/16169906/detail.html

The headline is: Police: Illegal Drugs May Be Fueling Many Crimes

One small quote from their story:
Graffiti was popping up all over town, and police said they found a gang initiation chamber in an abandoned ice house.

FYI: The definition of "Icehouse"
From Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/icehouse

Date:1687 : a building in which ice is made or stored
(Apparently I lied. SOME things we've been doing for quite some time.)

~db

I read some of the posts about the Detectives...I shouldn't have to remind you that people will try to discredit them every chance they get depending on who is pulling the strings in that specific department. This became a political thing before it went public. We are going to see it become more of a political thing as it goes along. Keep your eyes and ears open and you will see it. They are going to come out from even the smallest of places. It has now become CYA time.

I still believe in the Detectives. I don't care what "people" want to say about them. They at least are working and have been...which is so much more than I can say about ANY entity involving these deaths. I do not believe they are doing it for fame or fortune...I believe they are doing it to solve these crimes for the families and for the public. It is a disgrace that so many of our children have suffered death without someone questioning it. These are some of our brightest and most likely to succeed. We are going to miss them and their heirs. SOMEONE has to look it objectively. I think this falls to the Detectives who have been and are coming up with some answers.

I had one last thought. Does anyone who posts on a forum generally NOT come back and look at their work or any responses to it? Being new to this type of discussion group I am seriously asking this question. No joke.

I had just one recent experience where I posted something someplace else and didn't go back (and won't). The reason for my behavior is because I am not concerned about how it was received or any feedback it might have generated. I simply didn't (JMHO) respect what was happening there so I was done. I expressed myself and have gone on with my life.

Pretty sure I owe someone credit for a quote that went "Art imitates life." ....or something to that effect.

~db

A Break!!!

PA police find a link in the cases - another smiley face!!!

http://kstp.com/
What I took from that was the ALL of the graffiti not just the smiley face. We have that in the photo thread. (In other words...the PD was not used to seeing ANY graffiti...listen and tell me if I am wrong.)

I had one last thought. Does anyone who posts on a forum generally NOT come back and look at their work or any responses to it? Being new to this type of discussion group I am seriously asking this question. No joke.

I had just one recent experience where I posted something someplace else and didn't go back (and won't). The reason for my behavior is because I am not concerned about how it was received or any feedback it might have generated. I simply didn't (JMHO) respect what was happening there so I was done. I expressed myself and have gone on with my life.

Pretty sure I owe someone credit for a quote that went "Art imitates life." ....or something to that effect.

~db
Dairy, I know the regulars do our best to address everyone. Yes, we have hit and miss people who post then leave. We don't mean anything by not addressing everyone. Most of us do read everything on a thread before we post. I used to worry about that, but I learned that people cannot respond to every post and carry on an effective thread when it has people posting so often with so many thoughts. It really is nothing personal. Keep posting your thoughts!! (Step up and make yourself heard. We are all here to interact. :))

Life imitates art is a true statement and visa versa.

I don't know about WCAX...on my way. Weird...I found a 41yo man that was an accidental drowning.

They say it was Woodrow Swain, 41, of Newfane. Police are treating his death as an accidental drowning. They are unsure how long Swain's body had been in the water.
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8272188

What did you want me to see?!

I don't know about WCAX...on my way. Weird...I found a 41yo man that was an accidental drowning.

They say it was Woodrow Swain, 41, of Newfane. Police are treating his death as an accidental drowning. They are unsure how long Swain's body had been in the water.
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8272188

What did you want me to see?!
Nothing, but you were smart enough to go and look. I like you. You are real. No offense but I really have to go this time.

Sincerely ~db

Alright, just one more thing. I can't resist. Andy Potter is a Middlebury College grad. And by the way. Stop editing without having it indicate you're doing that - That's creepy!

Nothing, but you were smart enough to go and look. I like you. You are real. No offense but I really have to go this time.

Sincerely ~db

Alright, just one more thing. I can't resist. Andy Potter is a Middlebury College grad. And by the way. Stop editing without having it indicate you're doing that - That's creepy!
Yes...well..you will get used to it...I rethink what I think after I post. LOL Most are used it...uhm...they probably don't like it anymore than you do tho. Ooops. I should go back to thinking on paper sometimes.

OK Where were we?! Are there any more press releases of men who are missing or found dead? Please say no...I don't want anymore. :( This whole thing takes a toll on people. It is the magnitude of what it could be and the realization that they are someone's child every time. It is so hard to do this.

well said. Thanks for the issue refocus- that's what we are here for:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member