Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not enough info to show whether Justin fits the vic profile.

http://www.ketv.com/news/16165935/detail.html

Family members confirmed the body is that of an Atlantic man who was reported missing over the weekend. The man has been identified as Justin Hoeck, 26. Investigators could not confirm if the death was suspicious but said there were no indications of self-inflicted injuries.

Family members of Hoeck said he was last seen leaving a house party alone at about 4 a.m. Saturday.

The story doesn't mention water...but common sense looking at that photo tells me there was it being Iowa, too. I would say we should include him and we can exclude him later.

While I realize we are building an almost unrealistic list to most here, but once we know what the detectives are looking for exactly...it is better, imo, to know they exist and follow their stories.

Lol, sorry, I should have mentioned the video talks about a culvert and being under a bridge. I'll have to rewatch it. Anyways, here is an earlier article with a pic.

http://www.nonpareilonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19661827&BRD=2703&PAG=461&dept_id=555106&rfi=6

Hoeck was believed to be wearing a black T-shirt, blue jeans and blue and green tennis shoes. He is 5 feet, 9 inches tall, weighs 145 pounds and has short, brown hair and glasses.

I assumed it meant water. Maybe not. I'll put him in the Iowa list. Poor guy

The serial killer talk actually started because of six similar drownings in two years in Wisconsin not just one a year. There were 3 in 2002, 1 in 2003, 2 in 2004. What vigilant locals are stopping young men from walking into the river? How many?

SuziQ, that's why I put the link, so others can read the article and the comments for themselves and see if they give credence to them. The commentators are noting that at least 40 drunk guys have been prevented from walking into the river, as they have some sort of volunteer organization there. I'm always interested in what people at the scene are saying and observing. There is nothing like actual local knowledge. As an example, I lived in Tucson. Even today, I hear people who know nothing about Tucson say that it "gets cold" in the summer and you "need a sweater" after sundown. But you won't hear anyone with real knowledge of the town say that. Just as in the comments section of quite a few articles about the LaCrosse drownings, locals are painting a VERY different story of the river and its edge than I have read elsewhere.

I'd be interested if any posters here on WS live in LaCrosse and can give their "local" viewpoints as well.

I understood the "serial killers gang" idea to have picked up speed in 2005, and at that time, I believe it was 8 or 9 deaths w/in 9 years, thus the "one a year" remark.

I notice that with every passing day, "victims" from thousands of miles away, in some cases, are being "counted in" and thrown into the mix.

I think I might know the connection they are talking about so it will be very interesting to find out what they believe it is.

Yeah, been reading back and scratching my head here. I haven't followed Nick's thread closely. But I know we have some dedicated WS'ers over there.

SuziQ, that's why I put the link, so others can read the article and the comments for themselves and see if they give credence to them. The commentators are noting that at least 40 drunk guys have been prevented from walking into the river, as they have some sort of volunteer organization there. I'm always interested in what people at the scene are saying and observing. There is nothing like actual local knowledge. As an example, I lived in Tucson. Even today, I hear people who know nothing about Tucson say that it "gets cold" in the summer and you "need a sweater" after sundown. But you won't hear anyone with real knowledge of the town say that. Just as in the comments section of quite a few articles about the LaCrosse drownings, locals are painting a VERY different story of the river and its edge than I have read elsewhere.

I'd be interested if any posters here on WS live in LaCrosse and can give their "local" viewpoints as well.

I understood the "serial killers gang" idea to have picked up speed in 2005, and at that time, I believe it was 8 or 9 deaths w/in 9 years, thus the "one a year" remark.

I notice that with every passing day, "victims" from thousands of miles away, in some cases, are being "counted in" and thrown into the mix.

Personally, I would take what someone posts in an article comment with a grain of salt. Those posters could be local LE or talking heads and we all know their opinion. Potential victims are being thrown into the mix by us here in the forum, until they can be ruled out.

are we talking about the smiley?

ETA: sorry wrong thread- I was referring to SS post re link??

are we talking about the smiley?

ETA: sorry wrong thread- I was referring to SS post re link??

Lol, I got ya. But I don't know the answer. I guess will find out tomorrow. I'm still waiting for KSTP to update their site with their 10pm story.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S434838.shtml?cat=10830

Pennsylvania police have found new evidence in a closed drowning case, discovered after 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS’ investigation into the drowning deaths of over 40 other young men.
Police in Ridley Township, PA say they may have hit a major breakthrough for a family searching for answers after the death of their son. (more at link)

Video isn't up yet.

(snip)
The medical examiner is also interested in the recent developments and is taking another look at the autopsy.
"Too many similarities. I have read that a lot of them, either their wallet or their cell phone was missing and that is the only thing that we don't have is his cell phone," Mackay said.
Willoughby considers the case active and is in talks with retired NYPD Det. Kevin Gannon about the evidence and any possible like to the ‘Smiley Face Killers.’

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S434838.shtml?cat=10830

Pennsylvania police have found new evidence in a closed drowning case, discovered after 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS’ investigation into the drowning deaths of over 40 other young men.
Police in Ridley Township, PA say they may have hit a major breakthrough for a family searching for answers after the death of their son. (more at link)

Video isn't up yet.

(snip)
The medical examiner is also interested in the recent developments and is taking another look at the autopsy.
"Too many similarities. I have read that a lot of them, either their wallet or their cell phone was missing and that is the only thing that we don't have is his cell phone," Mackay said.
Willoughby considers the case active and is in talks with retired NYPD Det. Kevin Gannon about the evidence and any possible like to the ‘Smiley Face Killers.’

yeesh- your quick, thanks..

Suzi- I totally agree with you about who is commenting.

yeesh- your quick, thanks..

I think I wore out that refresh button. I was hoping there would be a little more info. But it's good to know the ME and LE is taking a serious look.

LOL- it is interesting how some LE automatically takes a second look and is "open", as opposed to others unfortunately- Every family deserves the truth and justice, imo.

I read in one of the articles that he did have his cell phone on him...and his wallet...and his medication. BTW...need I tell anyone...drinking and epilepsy medication is a BIG no-no.

As unlikely as it sounds, the Trane theory (or something similar) might very well provide a connection. It would at least explain why other heavy-drinking party schools (such as Univ of Colo or Berkeley) aren't included, or why other schools in the midwest (such as KSU) don't appear to be involved.

I think the locations of the incidents have to be a major factor.
What other common denominators do the locations have?

On a separate note, regarding ckhagen's desire to see the toxicology report, is that something that can be obtained through the FOIA?

The only other thing i could think of as a common denominator is that they may be spelling Smiley face man with the first letters of the cities they commit a crime.This would explain a high concentration of killings around the same cities near trane factories.maybe we should look for a drowning death in a city with a Y

RR- are you referring to Tony Booth?
I do not believe his cell was recovered, per the me, IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members