Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The author of the below linked article has some serious anger issues. The way he goes on and on about KSTP's coverage reaks of jealousy IMO. Sgt Garcia is full of carp because I highly doubt the NYPD hands out 100 medals for bravery, two medals of valor and assigns lead protection detail for Mother Theresa, to a detective who was less than star of the realm.

http://msp.blogs.com/brianlambert/2008/05/kstps-smiley-fa.html
Garcia also says he checked around with police union contacts in New York who, "Never heard of Duarte [one of KSTP's ex-cops] and say that Gannon [the other] had been assigned to the Missing Persons Unit." Neither apparently had exactly been a star of the realm.

Credentials, biography of Kevin Gannon
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S433345.shtml?cat=10830

ETA: if Garcia's investigation into the background of Gannon is any reflection of the investigation into Chris Jenkins. Well no wonder it was screwed up.

This is from a discussion at another forum

All of those heating/ac companies work on a multitude of products for restaurants, motels, convenience stores, grocery stores, not just Air Conditioners and Heaters in homes. The way you describe your cousin, (arms crossed biting lip, no marks) it sounds like he was frozen first, and then placed in the creek. A drowning person would have debree under their nails right? In two feet of creek?

This would also fit in with the Trane theory.

Also another HVAC technician mentioned he had been to classes in Minneapolis,Lacrosse and Clarksville.It is not unusual for them to constantly updating their skills and familirizing themselves with different products

Minneapolis PD just doesn't want to admit they were wrong do they? And they certainly don't like the fact they were proven wrong. It is so easy to see between the lines reading that piece.

"How would you ever know someone had been 'mentally tortured' before they died?," asked Garcia. "I mean, think about it." He added that he prefers the term "suspicious death" rather than "homicide" for the Jenkins case, and that the case might be re-re-classified back to "accidental" were it not that the current classification at least leaves it open to anything that might come along.

He seriously is going to regret the quote about no foul play absent trauma- what an inept thig to say- watch a CSI for the love of Pete

My good friend knows the Chief of police in Eau Claire. He is one of these guys who nobody is going to tell anything too. He is a know it all.....

Wonder if he'd change his mind if it was one of his kids???

LaCrosse LE isn't none to swift either. They moan & groan if they have to leave the Dept. So what does that tell you about LE in Wi?

Comment posted at the below article.

Posted by: Jed Leyland | May 03, 2008 at 06:38 AM
My name is Charles Loesch, I was the private investigator who worked on the Chris Jenkins case. To verify, you can contact either of the Jenkins, or Chief of Police, MPD, Tim Dolan, they all have my email address. I know both Kevin and Anthony, both retired NYPD HOMICIDE detectives. I peronally checked out both of these individuals, as did other close assiciates of mine, in law enforcement, locally. Chief Tim Dolan has a copy of Kevin Gannon's resume. Tim Knows the truth about Kevin Gannons background!! (more at link)

Thomas? Let me see if I can go back and find the article.

(snip)
I have the press release photos, which, had MPD officer Garcia, had the common sense to even attempt, the most basic fundimentals of police work,he would have easily found the TRUE background on Gannon. And to say that Garcia's contacts stated that no one in the NYPD union had ever heard of Tony, is another bald-faced lie! Although retired, Tony is still a current member of that Union. In fact, he is personal friends of the president of the Union. Garcia has just publically lied, he has NO credibility!

"Booth, who bore a tattoo on his right forearm emblazoned with the name “Booth,” was still in possession of his wallet, cell phone and medication, Willoughby said."
- The News Journal

Minneapolis PD just doesn't want to admit they were wrong do they? And they certainly don't like the fact they were proven wrong. It is so easy to see between the lines reading that piece.

"How would you ever know someone had been 'mentally tortured' before they died?," asked Garcia. "I mean, think about it." He added that he prefers the term "suspicious death" rather than "homicide" for the Jenkins case, and that the case might be re-re-classified back to "accidental" were it not that the current classification at least leaves it open to anything that might come along.

SuziQ thank you for writing what I was thinking!
LE like this just sours my stomach! YUCK!!!!

Thats what is going on nobody wants to admit they made a mistake!

(Sorry guys- a little out of sink, earlier post meant for Blink.)

Does it surprise you that they would try to discredit these detectives?

SuziQ thank you for writing what I was thinking!
LE like this just sours my stomach! YUCK!!!!

Thats what is going on nobody wants to admit they made a mistake!

It was funny when I posted, you had just posted regarding Wi., LE. I don't know how any of them can sleep at night.

(Sorry guys- a little out of sink, earlier post meant for Blink.)

Does it surprise you that they would try to discredit these detectives?

Sadly it doesn't. I can't imagine the frustration the families are feeling.

...I'd be interested if any posters here on WS live in LaCrosse and can give their "local" viewpoints as well.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?threadid=330037&pagenumber=4

An entry in the comments from the above linked forum:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"I live close to La Crosse and Eau Claire. I am also not far from the twin cities. I have partied numberous times on 3rd street in La Crosse in my younger years. I just can not see how young men are going into the river. We would go up and down on third street all night long. It was not unusual for us to split up to go to different bars. Not once did any of us venture towards the river and I can tell you that some of them men with us were very drunk. The blood alcohol on the men found in the river in La Crosse was high enough that I would suspect they would have been falling asleep or passing out in the bars.

{snip}

[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Winona, MN is also between La Crosse and Eau Claire and is the home of Winona State University and St Mary's University. Winona has just as many problems with college drinkers. Tt would be just as easy if not easier for college kids to end up in the Mississippi in this town but for some reason this is not happening in Winona. This, in itself, makes me think someone is targeting La Crosse men."

[/FONT]

LE in college towns make their money off of writing tix for (student) violations. I'm sure that's a generalization, but I've heard enough to know it's partly true. Some of the offenses are just plain silly. I just don't think they have the training necessary to conduct these kinds of investigations.

Omg, is Garcia for real? I thought arresting murderers was a job for LE?

http://msp.blogs.com/brianlambert/2008/04/kstps-psycho-ki.html

In Piehl's story(ies), the two former detectives insist they know enough to make an arrest. "So make an arrest," says Garcia. "What are they waiting for? If they think they've got enough, they should bring it forward. As I say, from our conversation, they had no evidence that was new to us or the FBI."

It was funny when I posted, you had just posted regarding Wi., LE. I don't know how any of them can sleep at night.

Wis / Mn close to the same the Twin Cities is only a hr drive from Eau Claire Wi.....I think most of LE just want to collect a pay check at least around here that seems true.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?threadid=330037&pagenumber=4

An entry in the comments from the above linked forum:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"I live close to La Crosse and Eau Claire. I am also not far from the twin cities. I have partied numberous times on 3rd street in La Crosse in my younger years. I just can not see how young men are going into the river. We would go up and down on third street all night long. It was not unusual for us to split up to go to different bars. Not once did any of us venture towards the river and I can tell you that some of them men with us were very drunk. The blood alcohol on the men found in the river in La Crosse was high enough that I would suspect they would have been falling asleep or passing out in the bars.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]{snip}[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Winona, MN is also between La Crosse and Eau Claire and is the home of Winona State University and St Mary's University. Winona has just as many problems with college drinkers. Tt would be just as easy if not easier for college kids to end up in the Mississippi in this town but for some reason this is not happening in Winona. This, in itself, makes me think someone is targeting La Crosse men."[/FONT]

Welcome to WS Shorty & all others new here.

Your so right Shorty it would be easier to get rid of someone at Winona then Eau Claire or LaCrosse. It sure doesn't make any sense, unless these towns are bring targeted.

I have heard that LE in Winona is awesome. That could be the reason the other towns are being targeted / LE sucks.

Omg, is Garcia for real? I thought arresting murderers was a job for LE?

http://msp.blogs.com/brianlambert/2008/04/kstps-psycho-ki.html

In Piehl's story(ies), the two former detectives insist they know enough to make an arrest. "So make an arrest," says Garcia. "What are they waiting for? If they think they've got enough, they should bring it forward. As I say, from our conversation, they had no evidence that was new to us or the FBI."

Hubby told me he heard on one of the radio talk thows this morning that Garcia is a pompous *advertiser censored*!

Also remember his dept couldn't tell Chris Jenkins was murdered either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95