Deborah Bradley & Jeremy Irwin - Dr. Phil Interview - 3 February 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for them, because believe it or not I'm not part of that crowd. I guess something she said that's proven to be false would be a start.

So if she says two completely opposite things you would require proof about which one is false before believing that both cannot be true?

I can't speak for them, because believe it or not I'm not part of that crowd. I guess something she said that's proven to be false would be a start.

I'm with you. Some of the things she's said could be lies. I'm the type that sticks to the facts and not the maybe's when saying something is a lie.

The thing about not telling about drinking. I don't know if it would knock me off the fence, but that would really bother me. Because I think the drinking is vital to the story, even if it makes her look neglectful. I can theorize something happening with her being drunk. Not to say it can't happen with her not being drunk, but her story in the beginning was predicated on being drunk.

And don't worry about the 10lbs. The dungeon doesn't discriminate, they take em all down there, even at the pool. :)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

(I promise no thong!)

Oh h3ll, I dunno at this point. just :slap: me. I was trying to say that those of us suspicious are unchanged by the interview with Dr. Phil. I was wondering if the fence sitters saw or heard something I overlooked that would sway them to the innocent side. :waitasec: I give up~LOL

It appears they like that place. They don't have to commit to a side and they can't be accused of being wrong. They feel safe.

Still talking lights eh?

Someone here (sorry I wish I could remember who cause it was quite cute and descriptive) talked about a son getting up in the middle of the night to tinkle and leaving lights on.

DB could have turned off lights and son when leaving her bed on way to his and presumably the bathroom (probably what got him up) turned some on and that would have been after SB went to bed. Hence lights on that she didn't leave on.

Pretty sure the little boy would have been asked, at some point, if he turned on the lights.

<respectfully snipped>

Somehow Lisa left the house that night or early morning. How and when did that happen...still not seeing what lights were on or weren't has to tell us anything that answers those questions.

Still not seeing how the relevance of their inconsistencies about anything is being missed.

So if she says two completely opposite things you would require proof about which one is false before believing that both cannot be true?

Are we talking about the lights again? Did she say, without a doubt, that she turned every single light out in that house?

It appears they like that place. They don't have to commit to a side and they can't be accused of being wrong. They feel safe.

I didn't realize that was a requirement, to pick a side.

The difference here is if it turns out she did something to BL, I will admit to being wrong about DB and giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Will you do the same if the alternate is true?

Oh h3ll, I dunno at this point. just :slap: me. I was trying to say that those of us suspicious are unchanged by the interview with Dr. Phil. I was wondering if the fence sitters saw or heard something I overlooked that would sway them to the innocent side. :waitasec: I give up~LOL

Nothing in it pulled me off the wall yet, I would like to see a concrete connection that can't be reasonably denied (read as indesputable links) to sway in a major way.

somethings that would sway me to the family is guilty of harming Lisa would be:
A proven tie between MW and DB / JI
video of DB or JI somewhere during the hours in question that don't match with the timeline
Possibly dna or finger priints if a body was found. My issue with that would be they could have easily left DNA innocently on something taken with Lisa from their home if SODDI but it would sway me some.

On the other side of the fence, it's much harder really to say what would prove them totally innocent KWIM?

IMO, JP shouldn't have had any visitations. Obviously supervision did nothing to save the kids. Also his body apparently haven't been located according to some news story, so for all I know he is out there somewhere.

All I know if there is no evidence that shows me she harmed her child. The lying (if proven it's a lie) may cause suspicion, but that's all it would be, suspicion, not a 'she definetely hurt her child' edict. I think Casey Anthony killed her child, but it has nothing to do with the fact that she's a liar. It's because there is evidence that shows she killed her child.

Quite true. It is possible for innocent people to lie during the investigation to their missing baby but another thing if it it makes sense to do so if they want to be eliminated from the suspect list and help the police find their baby and if it makes sense to whine later when they're not believed.

I think Casey Anthony killed her child too but for me all the lies about how Caylee went missing were definitely part of the reasoning that got me to that conclusion.

I guess it's statistics and statistics could lead to the wrong conclusion on occasion but I think most of the time people who lie have something to cover up. (It's possible it's something that is unrelated to the missing child though.)

bbm - If Deb was sleeping, Jeremy comes home and finds the door unlocked, and lights on that are normally off when they go to bed...sees the screen busted and wakes Deb with: "why are all the lights on and the door unlocked"....Of course she is going to be alarmed and jump up. Checking on Lisa and finding her gone, I have no doubt they turned "all" the lights on then, and Deb would have figured Jeremy had turned them "all" off when he came into bed. The it would have been a while before they discussed EXACTLY what lights were on when Jeremy came home. I'm sure their main thought process originally was 'where is Lisa' 'who has Lisa' 'what happened to Lisa' as opposed to "Jeremy exactly what lights were on when you got home?" or "Deb exactly what lights did you leave on when you went to bed"
I don't see this as hinky at all :)

But, Sparklin, the thing is, they made it sound on Dr. Phil that they were addressing a perceived "inconsistency" in the public arena - a discrepancy between Deb's account and Jeremy's account. There wasn't any such inconsistency floating about in the public that I know of - they seemed to be in perfect agreement about the lights until yesterday.

So what inconsistency were they addressing? IMO, they weren't - the inconsistency wasn't created until Deb gave the new version of the story. That was the reason that question was asked, to provide them the opportunity to do just what they did - change the narrative and couch it as a response to a perceived inconsistency that didn't even exist, IMO.

Again, I feel if Jeremy is as obsessive about the lights as Deb claims, and if she truly left those lights on every night, that might've pissed him off to the point he'd mention it to her when he woke her, but why would he claim it as an unusual, weird thing in interviews? It just doesn't compute for me.

I'm sorry to belabor these points. I just feel they're very important to keep in mind.

Not everything is a lie, I'm sure. But when I did the Logical Reasoning 101 course I was taught that "A" is fundamentally different from "Not A", and if someone says both "A", and "Not A" one statement has to be untrue. Now there are other things than intentional lying that could cause untrue statements, such as being mistaken or repeating false information that you were told by the neighbors. But it makes no sense to me to categorically deny the possibility of intentional lying in a criminal case.

:cow:

No room for logic when you are operating on emotions. It has been mentioned by very intelligent people in the media who have studied logic that hey are lying. It has been reasoned by very logical and experienced people in the media that they are hiding something...probably a death. Yet some people's minds do not work like that. They refuse to go in that direction. They need to see things is black and white and will not come to a conclusion on something they can't physically see.

Informing people on the rules of Deduction doesn't work...or so it seems.

Quite true. It is possible for innocent people to lie during the investigation to their missing baby but another thing if it it makes sense to do so if they want to be eliminated from the suspect list and help the police find their baby and if it makes sense to whine later when they're not believed.

I think Casey Anthony killed her child too but for me all the lies about how Caylee went missing were definitely part of the reasoning that got me to that conclusion.

I guess it's statistics and statistics could lead to the wrong conclusion on occasion but I think most of the time people who lie have something to cover up. (It's possible it's something that is unrelated to the missing child though.)

I'm not going to disagree about the whining. I don't think she should be doing that either, because it doesn't make her look good, it makes her look like she's whining. I would think her lawyer would of advised her on that kind of stuff but then again I don't think he's there for her benefit.

People are going to think and say what they want, there is nothing you can do to change that. If she's really innocent, she'll let the truth talk for her. That will eventually drown out the naysayers and finger pointers.

Are we talking about the lights again? Did she say, without a doubt, that she turned every single light out in that house?

Well, I guess one could argue semantics about whether "all" and "every single light" are the same thing or if "all" means "all" or just "some" lights but here she did say so, without qualifying it in any manner that she doesn't actually remember doing so and that in fact she usually leaves them on.

JP: &#8220;Were the lights on or off when you went to bed?&#8221;
DB: &#8220;I turned them all off.&#8221;

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justi...ssing-baby-lisa-speak-out/?playlist_id=163706

I'm with you. Some of the things she's said could be lies. I'm the type that sticks to the facts and not the maybe's when saying something is a lie.

So, just wondering, if she gives two entirely different answers about the same thing, which "fact" would you consider to be true and which would be the lie?

I missed this when I first watched it. At around 1:15, after JI talks, DB was asked if she had turned the lights off and she says that she was told by the neighbors that she had turned the lights off.

So that means that a kidnapper came in and turned on a lamp in the front living room, two kitchen lights, the accent lights, a plug in pumpkin light?

I think the LIGHTS in the neighbours info means OVERHEAD lights, not night lights and stove lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop