Deborah Bradley & Jeremy Irwin - Dr. Phil Interview - 3 February 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that is the key question. If she did actually make a statement earlier that it was unusual for that many lights to be on, then it is a direct contradictory statement.

Here are some of the things they said earlier:

(For the links to the sources, see this thread)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-152343.html

From KMBC:

JI: “When I came home from work, the front door was unlocked, most of the lights were on in the house, and the window was, in the front, was open. Obviously, all very unusual and then I started checking on the kids. Checked on the boys first, and then we checked on her, that’s when we realized she was gone.”

From GMA:

JI: “I returned home from work at around 4 a.m., and windows were open and lights were on, and she was nowhere to be found.”
Reporter: “Right there, that’s so unusual. The window’s open, the lights on. That wouldn’t be normal at all?”
DB: “No.”

Another GMA clip:

JI: “I had, I had come home and, uh, Deborah had woke, woken up when I got there, and, uh, we talked for a couple minutes, and then, uh, I asked her, you know, what’s going on. She said what do you mean, and that’s when I told her, you know, the door, the lights, the window. And, uh, she kinda jumped up out of bed like something was wrong, and that was when I, I kind of realized that something might be wrong.”

I don't know why she'd jump up and think that something was wrong if JI told her that the lights that she left on were still on.

JPirro:

JP: “Were the lights on or off when you went to bed?”
DB: “I turned them all off.”

Well whether you feel it was a real interview or not the fact is it did bring attention to DB/JI. People are talking about them and what they said on the show.

You're right, it brought attention to them. But what about Lisa, why aren't these 2 parents out there searching for her? Why aren't they pounding on newsroom doors to get her pic on TV every night? Why were they silent for THREE months? That's what I don't get. :(

Wear people out? People can believe what they want, I just found it interesting that the lights would end up being a big topic of discussion.

I would find it rather strange...if a lie about anything by the person last known to be with a child who supposedly dissappears...would not be a topic of concern.

I would find it rather strange...if a lie about anything by the person last known to be with a child who supposedly dissappears...would not be a topic of concern.

All I was trying to say was it got a lot more attention than I would expect, not that it shouldn't be talked about at all. I'm still trying to figure out what the lights on/off proves. Other than Debbie lied about it.

Maybe it's just me, but I could care less what BS has to say. I want to hear words coming out of DB and JI's mouth. BS is making it sound like he was "after the truth no matter what" and that he was "not there for the family" but to find the baby. I don't believe that. This guy is out for nothing but fame and whatever it takes....

And yet the benefactor knows someone in the family....hmmmm. I too did not think he added ANYTHING to this story and was a waste of airtime.

BBM
Maybe because people are saying that she is lying about them and that bothers her.

One would think her missing baby would bother her more. I think people found the light issue sketchy at best - hard to believe an intruder would walk around turning on lights. Now people find the light issue yet another inconsistent statement (lie), by DB.

Those are all the lights I leave on at night time.[/B] And, he follows me around turning them all off. And, he's an electrician so I get complaints a lot about lights being on and things like that, and he wasn't there that night. So.

Bold 1 - So she is saying here SHE left the lights on. IMO, she is saying NOW, three months later, it was not unusual for those lights to be on. You know, not so odd and the kidnapper didn't necessarily turn on anything....oops, her bad. That's my take.

Bold 2 - The electrician/light monitor remark is so ridiculous. He doesn't work for the electric utility company, he repairs and wires electrical issues. He didn't want her leaving lights on because it wastes money that, apparently, only he works for. Deborah Bradley has no sense of responsibility, she makes excuses like this to shift blame. Leaving lights on is not a big deal, really, Jeremy is just an anal electrician. Just like having an affair and lying by omission about being drunk.

According to DB, if she changes her story, or admits to lying, she's doing the right thing by coming clean now. It doesn't work that way Deb, un-ringing bells and all.

All I was trying to say was it got a lot more attention than I would expect, not that it shouldn't be talked about at all. I'm still trying to figure out what the lights on/off proves. Other than Debbie lied about it.

I guess that's my point Ranch. This woman has lied, prevaricated, told half truths...how can we believe anything she says?

The issue of in what context the lights were brought up or the "most/all" debate is not pertinent to the point that I think several of us have tried to make. The concern is that what the parents are saying now is very different from what they said in the beginning - and the inconsistency stems solely from their own accounts, not from media or anyone online exaggerating what was said.

Throughout this thread, Donjeta and others have posted many quotes and video links showing that the couple, especially JI, found the number of lights on that night to be odd, unusual, weird.

Yet, during the show yesterday, DB said that the lights which were on were the ones she always left on at night, and JI (because he's adamant about turning lights off) was wrong about there being more lights on than usual. If that truly were such a normal thing, why would it seem so out of the ordinary to him that he would comment in various interviews that it was an oddity?

If they'd never said the number of lights on was out of the ordinary, I wouldn't give a hoot. But they did, as evidenced by the links in this thread. DB now says it was was not only not unusual, but it was the norm. That is in stark contrast to what they (especially JI) originally indicated in interviews. Did JI only remember weeks (at least) later that Deb regularly leaves all those lights on?

Heck, even during the discussion on Dr. Phil, Jeremy states that he woke Deb and said they should put the one boy in his bed. He said when he asked her, "What's going on with the lights being on and the window open," that's when she "snapped to" and they realized something was wrong.

Why would he ask her about the lights that are regularly on at night being on - why would that be something significant for him to mention to her in conjunction with the window if it were a normal thing? IMO, it was because, as he's clearly stated several times, it seemed unusual to him.

Couching one's change of story as a clarification still results in inconsistency between original and subsequent accounts, and inconsistency of any accounts in such a case is cause for consideration. It's not the context in which they made the new claims, the lights themselves or even how many were on - it's that the narrative has changed, resulting in a fairly big inconsistency from their own original accounts. If I had to guess, I'd think this "clarification" was due to realizing in hindsight that the intruder-turning-on-lights claim sounds absolutely ludicrous.

What does everyone make of Deborah saying, "WHEN she comes home..." She seems extremely optimistic, but Lisa's already been missing for four months.

not to make assumptions...but..DB probably knows that speaking in the child in the past tense leads LE to assume she knows she is NOT coming back. i have a hinky feeling she affirms Lisa is coming home so maintain her story of an intruder who took her to love her. I wish i felt different but something is so off to me in DBs words and body language. The way she can be crying, yet have no quiver in her voice. It also bugged me that her whole purpose of the show was to clear up all the INSANE rumors. Focus on getting Lisa back! Quit selling your clean up act of inconsistancies. I mean, i do get it..you NEED the public to believe you so they will search for Lisa and not assume she is dead. I get that. But I don't think anyone is NOT looking for her. DBs focus seems more on herself..not Lisa. Look, I could be wrong but Im just going on my gut.
I also found it werid how her brother said "the hardest part in all this is dealing with media, LE and gossip" - paraphrased - REALLY? I think the hardest part would be your niece is missing!!!!

From KMBC:

From GMA:

Another GMA clip:

I don't know why she'd jump up and think that something was wrong if JI told her that the lights that she left on were still on.

JPirro:

Here's the thing about this, and thank you for the post. I don't recall DB talking about the lights, just JI.. IIRC

I guess that's my point Ranch. This woman has lied, prevaricated, told half truths...how can we believe anything she says?

So everthing Debbie has said is untrue? I'm not willing to go that far. JMO.

By the way, thank you askfornina SO MUCH for the transcription! You already know that I think you rock, but I'll say it again...you rock! :blowkiss:

Also thanks to those of you who were so sweet with well wishes when I was feeling poorly last night. Rain cleared out, and so did the headache! :hug:

From KMBC:

From GMA:

Another GMA clip:

JPirro:

Thank you! This is a good example of how words changed coming out of their mouths. There are many more examples, but I haven't had the energy to go get them. This is the stuff that made me change my mind about DB's involvement. (This and some other things.)

Just something to ponder.
When my son was 14 months - his father took him to the zoo and wouldn't return him (left dad due to abuse). I was insane with grief. I was sobbing, filled with despair and anxiety. And that was knowing at least my son was alive and with his dad. Due to legalities, the cops cannot just take the child back to you since custody was not established. I honestly thought dad would run with son. (luckily a smart laywer got son back in 2 weeks by claiming since we didn't have a paternity test that dad couldn't be considered "dad" until it as taken - only then could LE step in and go get my son)

I try not to judge, but after being in that situation where you do not have access to your child, and they are taken (even if it is parental abduction) - it is hard for me to see how the tears come and go so easily. Maybe these people are stronger than me..but i was shaken and sobbing alot. It wasn't something i could turn on and off. Also, getting a makeover was the last thing on my mind.

Anyway..just a thought..not implying guilt of innocence. Just going off what I think is MY normal.

I think you meant Deborah, not Lisa (Lisa is the baby)

On point two, I think she was referring specifically about the lights (not talking about it), not about the event in general. On point three, that could be taken as when he said 'why are all the lights on', she thought that meant that every single light was on. He, being an electrician, has a different meaning to the words 'all the lights on'.

B-1 The lights were part of the event ... even more so since something about Jeremy mentioning them, during their chit-chat, snapped her out of a light sleep :floorlaugh: - sorry, but that is so ludicrous.
What really happened to snap her out of her sleep? Did JI jerk the covers off her and ask her why the h e double ell all the lights in the dayum house were on and the windows open?? IMO, probably the latter.
B-2 Not following.... how? TIA

The issue of in what context the lights were brought up or the "most/all" debate is not pertinent to the point that I think several of us have tried to make. The concern is that what the parents are saying now is very different from what they said in the beginning - and the inconsistency stems solely from their own accounts, not from media or anyone online exaggerating what was said.

Throughout this thread, Donjeta and others have posted many quotes and video links showing that the couple, especially JI, found the number of lights on that night to be odd, unusual, weird.

Yet, during the show yesterday, DB said that the lights which were on were the ones she always left on at night, and JI (because he's adamant about turning lights off) was wrong about there being more lights on than usual. If that truly were such a normal thing, why would it seem so out of the ordinary to him that he would comment in various interviews that it was an oddity?

If they'd never said the number of lights on was out of the ordinary, I wouldn't give a hoot. But they did, as evidenced by the links in this thread. DB now says it was was not only not unusual, but it was the norm. That is in stark contrast to what they (especially JI) originally indicated in interviews. Did JI only remember weeks (at least) later that Deb regularly leaves all those lights on?

Heck, even during the discussion on Dr. Phil, Jeremy states that he woke Deb and said they should put the one boy in his bed. He said when he asked her, "What's going on with the lights being on and the window open," that's when she "snapped to" and they realized something was wrong.

Why would he ask her about the lights that are regularly on at night being on - why would that be something significant for him to mention to her in conjunction with the window if it were a normal thing? IMO, it was because, as he's clearly stated several times, it seemed unusual to him.

Couching one's change of story as a clarification still results in inconsistency between original and subsequent accounts, and inconsistency of any accounts in such a case is cause for consideration. It's not the context in which they made the new claims, the lights themselves or even how many were on - it's that the narrative has changed, resulting in a fairly big inconsistency from their own original accounts. If I had to guess, I'd think this "clarification" was due to realizing in hindsight that the intruder-turning-on-lights claim sounds absolutely ludicrous.
BBM

I enjoyed reading your post. I have a question? If the lights were out how would an intruder see what he was doing? Night vision goggles, a flashlight, or turn some lights on? Or were the lights already on?

This ^^^^^

Yep, that.

And I still think it's important because, early on, it was implied that the "intruder" had to have turned the lights on. That was the story. . .it was presented as evidence that an intruder was in the house.

DB says lights were off when she went to bed.
SB says lights were off when she went inside.
JI comes home and says lights were on.

That would imply that the intruder turned on the lights. Now, for some reason, DB wants to downplay that. :waitasec:

By the way, thank you askfornina SO MUCH for the transcription! You already know that I think you rock, but I'll say it again...you rock! :blowkiss:

Also thanks to those of you who were so sweet with well wishes when I was feeling poorly last night. Rain cleared out, and so did the headache! :hug:

Thank you! And thank you everyone for the appreciation. I enjoy doing it, it helps me remember the details. If anyone would like something else from this case transcribed, just let me know and I'll be happy to.

So glad you are feeling better Sherbie! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member