Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if during all the searches done after Hailey went missing if they included Lake JB Thomas. Anyone know?

I don't know, but I think she was moved. I have no reason to think that other than just a gut feeling.

With so many searches, I figured it would have been searched by now. It was not buried per Sparky.

I don't think it is HD, I also think they know who she is with. Just can't find them. JMO

With so many searches, I figured it would have been searched by now. It was not buried per Sparky.

I don't think it is HD, I also think they know who she is with. Just can't find them. JMO

Interesting. So what's your theory? (we may be asked to take this to the General Discussion thread - if so, I'll follow you over there... :))

Here's the thread for the remains found in Sweetwater today: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203112"]Remains found in a yard in Sweetwater, Texas - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A good example of use of dental records and the speed at which they can be used.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/25/robin-pope-body-missing-maryland-found-shore

was discovered in the water along the shore of Kent Island around 3:30 p.m. on Saturday by a man fishing on a pier less than a mile from the home where she was reportedly last seen on May 1.

State and local law enforcement secured the scene around the body before removing it from the water shortly before 6 p.m., according to Maryland State Police. The identification was made through dental records during an autopsy conducted Sunday."

I thought I read it was a skull, tooth and femur (or one of the leg bones) which was sent to the lab. I seem to recall that being in MSM. It was my impression the tooth was a post mortem loss and found near the skull, but that is just my impression based on how it was worded.

I recall reading that as well, but only on FB. I'll search and see what I can find.

ETA: Okay, I found this - but can't find it elsewhere:

The skeletal remains consisted of a femur, a skull and a tooth.

The remains were reportedly found in an area that had been underwater before severe drought conditions nearly drained Lake J.B. Thomas dry in 2011.

http://permianbasin360.com/fulltext-weather/?nxd_id=257412

This weekend I was catching up on 48 Hours and there was a story about David Jackson, who was killed in 1988 and ID'd MUCH later. After he was convicted, the man who shot him stated that they'd initially dumped him in a field, but when they later learned a Walmart was being put at that location, went and retrieved what they could find, which was ribcage, spine and pelvis. During construction, some of the other bones were found, and were unidentified for many years (near 20?).

Is there any area that WAS desolate and has since been cleared, developed, or otherwise had an increase in activity that might have caused them to move what they could find?

As far as areas that were desolate and now being built on Colorado City has hit an 'oil boom' and there have been a lot of new companies come in. Prices for room and board have skyrocketed and some new construction going up.

I recall reading that as well, but only on FB. I'll search and see what I can find.

ETA: Okay, I found this - but can't find it elsewhere:

The skeletal remains consisted of a femur, a skull and a tooth.

The remains were reportedly found in an area that had been underwater before severe drought conditions nearly drained Lake J.B. Thomas dry in 2011.

http://permianbasin360.com/fulltext-...?nxd_id=257412

I thought we had bee assured the lake had never been above 37% capacity, and has been between 1% and 5% since Hailey disappeared. We were also told that the lake was UNRELATED to the remains which had ALWAYS been on dry land, based on the location site and known water levels.

Tim has always said that he will only look for someone if the family asks him too and is cooperative. I think he had trouble with Billie if I remember right.

I don't think TES was called in, Klaas Kids was called in. To be honest, I don't think both resources need to be on one search. There are soooo many missing persons out there! :tears:

There are news articles about both organizations.
It initially looked like TES was coming, (first week of January)
then Klaas Kids showed up (third week of January.)

"The Dunn family" requested TES.
Billie became buds with Mark Klaas.

I have no evidence of it, but here is my theory... maybe a local can weigh in?

I think Tim Miller was still looking at people through "Casey Anthony glasses..." and was more skeptical.
Tim was probably focused on HAILEY and finding HAILEY. I doubt Billie was thrilled with that attitude.

I think Mark Klaas treated Billie like a parent of a missing child (until he realized she was lying to him.)
Tim Miller was not going to go on Nancy and sit next to Billie and be her moral support.

Mark was willing to keep the attention on Billie herself and sit next to her for interviews.
So I think Klaas Kids came because Billie liked the way they treated HER. Nothing more, nothing less. :twocents:

re- TES
snipped-
Texas Equusearch tells NewsWest9 the family has requested their assistance. They search for missing people on mounted patrols. They are currently on standby and work with law enforcement to see if they are needed.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13804937

IF memory serves...it may have been rumor- but I seem to recall something having been said that LE didn't know where to send TES to search in order to best utilize their services. Something along the line of not having a definitive location to pinpoint, so much unknown/areas to cover.
I may be wrong in my memory....could have been bs for all I really know.

I remember that too... but it wasn't the only reason TES didn't come, otherwise Klaas Kids wouldn't have come either.

January 7th, or even earlier Tim Miller was on standby.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328916

Klaas Kids showed up in the picture on January 18th.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/18/klaaskids-foundation-join-search-missing-colorado/

I think Billie didn't like Tim, just like the Anthony's didn't like Tim.
So they brought in Mark instead. I really think it's that simple. :seeya:

I'm having a brain flash. :flashback:

Didn't Billie's friend who was a member here for awhile urge Billie to call KlaasKids because our members told her about them?

Didn't Billie's friend who was a member here for awhile urge Billie to call KlaasKids because our members told her about them?

Possibly? I don't remember for sure. That was when I was still defending Billie. :eek:

TES said they were waiting on LE and then Klaas Kids showed up... always thought that was weird.
I think we discussed the possibility that TES was tainted after the CA case... and LE just didn't want them to come.

Why would we suggest Klaas Kids and not TES? :waitasec:
Did we just think Mark Klaas would come whether LE wanted him to or not?

The way Mark/Tim would have reacted to Billie and LE's preference are the only reason I see for KK over TES. :twocents:

Lol yes CTGTZ. Funny thing is Billie tells everyone it was her idea to contact Klaaskids and TES etc. Just more lies: :(

I feel like that because this thread is for the remains, that we don't know who they belong to, I should be putting info. related specifically to Hailey (like the TES/KK stuff) on another thread, but which one should I use? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member