Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News Story Dated 12-11-11

The head of one of the country's most elite search groups tells KTAB News they could possibly be in Colorado City this week to search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

Texas Equusearch Founder/Director Tim Miller says he spoke with Texas Rangers Monday morning and as soon as investigators have a good enough lead to pinpoint where Hailey could be, he's expecting a call.

Miller said, as it stands, there are 900 square miles to search and he's not sure how effective his group could be. He did add that if investigators can't find what they're looking for in the next few days, TES would likely go to town.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329797
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329797

I'm having a brain flash. :flashback:

Didn't Billie's friend who was a member here for awhile urge Billie to call KlaasKids because our members told her about them?

What was that member's name again? Red something?

Billie was expecting them to come. They were packed and ready to come till they spoke with LE and were told NO.

I have met Tim Miller during a search. I found him to be one of the most unbiased persons who would not get caught up in the "drama." He was focused on just finding the missing.
I LOVE AND APPRECIATE HIM. HE SHOULD REALLY GET A MEDAL.

Any news on the remains that were found?

I feel like that because this thread is for the remains, that we don't know who they belong to, I should be putting info. related specifically to Hailey (like the TES/KK stuff) on another thread, but which one should I use? TIA.

I assume put it in the General Discussion thread? It looks like the majority of the other threads are closed now.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202863"]Hailey Dunn General Discussion #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It has been a week since the remains were found. An experienced person could tell the sex of the skeleton from the skull alone in 2 minutes. A rush on the dna analysis could be also done in this time. Thus the sex and if the remains are Hailey Dunn is known by the authorities.

The perp(s) know if this is Hailey Dunn. Seems LE would try to get an id asap because months would give the perp(s) plenty of time to get out of the country.

The silence in identifying the remains is deafening.

IMO, it's almost like they are looking to tie up loose ends to make an arrest before they announce the remains.

....or maybe that's just what my heart is saying.

:heartbeat: Hailey :heartbeat:

If a presser is announced about this case at all, then I know they are Hailey's remains. JMO

It has been a week since the remains were found. An experienced person could tell the sex of the skeleton from the skull alone in 2 minutes. A rush on the dna analysis could be also done in this time. Thus the sex and if the remains are Hailey Dunn is known by the authorities.

I don't recall if gender can be determined by the skull. I know it can be by the shape of the pelvis, but the pelvis wasn't found in this case.

I've never heard of DNA test that can positively id a UID in 2 minutes. Rush jobs are usually 2-3 weeks. Average is 2-3 mo's. There are cases here where families, who are WS members, have been waiting for longer than a year.

I don't expect to hear results this week. Am hoping we know within the next week or two. :please:

ITA. Is the skull in pieces? Photographic superimposition of a photo of Hailey over a photo of the skull could help determine if it's Hailey or not. The amount of time this is taking makes me think LE NEEDs the identification though DNA to finally state that Hailey was in fact murdered and to move in with some arrests (I hope!)

They matched John Gardner's DNA from Chelsea King's clothing to his sample on file, in CA, over a weekend. I don't know why it should take months or weeks to match a sample from bones to Hailey's, or Billie's DNA. JMO

They matched John Gardner's DNA from Chelsea King's clothing to his sample on file, in CA, over a weekend. I don't know why it should take months or weeks to match a sample from bones to Hailey's, or Billie's DNA. JMO

LOL, let me know if you figure that answer out!

I'm not medical professional but I wonder if it has to do with how long someone has been deceased therefore how degenerated or how preserved the DNA is.

I'm not medical professional but I wonder if it has to do with how long someone has been deceased therefore how degenerated or how preserved the DNA is.

I just don't know but I have read where DNA was extracted from mummies that were really, really old. I don't know if that info is all that helpful, mummies were somewhat preserved.:slap::nevermind:

I think the delay is going to be in finding a viable dna from the remains found. It will depend on whether a state lab can obtain a viable dna strand or it has to be outsourced to a private lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024