Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the names of the other missing persons? Wondered if they received similar news?

Clearly though, LE does know at least the sex of the remains.

Does anyone remember the names of the other missing persons? Wondered if they received similar news?

Clearly though, LE does know at least the sex of the remains.

theres a jennifer wilkerson from lubbock. nothing has been mentioned on her fb page. I believe there is also a male named bynum or byrum. I will check on that and get back to you.

Waiting On Justice For Our Girl H.D.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Jennifer and the family may God bring them answers soon.

• Vikki Wilkerson Thank you and our prayers are with Hailey and family as well. I find it interesting that they have notified one family that the remains were not their sons. My heart breaks for little Hailey. So young with so much life yet to live. I pray that by s...See More
    about an hour ago · Like · 2

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennifer-Wilkerson-Missing/262236133839041

theres a jennifer wilkerson from lubbock. nothing has been mentioned on her fb page. I believe there is also a male named bynum or byrum. I will check on that and get back to you.

I guess I should not assume LE only knows the sex of the remains. He could have been excluded by other means (DNA, size of scull/bones, etc.). This is so nerve wracking.

I guess I should not assume LE only knows the sex of the remains. He could have been excluded by other means (DNA, size of scull/bones, etc.). This is so nerve wracking.

Knox according to PH a female item of clothing was found with the remains.

i heard it was a Tshirt from Hailey's elementery school. That wouldn't necessarily be gender specific. rumors, rumors, rumors

Someone said that in the comments but PH himself is saying it was a female item that matched something Hailey was said to be wearing although until LE confirm that of course that's a rumor yes.

Seems the media there would stay right on LE about this story until they release whose remains these are.

Seems the media there would stay right on LE about this story until they release whose remains these are.

The explosion at the fertilizer plant is pretty big news right now, think media may be focused on that tragedy.

The explosion at the fertilizer plant is pretty big news right now, think media may be focused on that tragedy.

I heard on the news this morning that KTXS tv (Abilene) had a team headed to the explosion site.

I believe that the police already have a fairly good idea rather or not these remains belong to Hailey. IF they are with holding the identification then I feel that they are doing this to allow them time to strengthen the case against her killer. Or perhaps even to build a case against a second person that may have been involved.
What we also need to remember here is......sad as it is, we have so many missing children....and the body being located in that area, does not mean the person they found was actually from that area. So if they are having to research the database of missing children in that age group from the entire US.....children who went missing during the correct time frame.....that can take even longer.
I wish so desperately that they would make an identification so that the parents of this child can find some peace.

I thought when they identify remains they have to notify family.

I am not certain on the law about this. However I can remember hearing the statement.....identification is being with held pending notification of next of kin. I just have no clue how long they are permitted to with hold that notification. I am also not certain how the law is affected if next of kin is a suspect? (I am not saying her mother is a suspect, I am asking what if?) Also, I do not think they have to notify anybody until they receive final confirmation. I know in many cases, when they have tentative confirmation of the identity.....and the case is not complicated with so many possible scenarios..... they will tell the parents that a tentative match has been made and that they are waiting on final confirmation.....they are not required to do this....they have every right to release nothing until the final results are in.....which can take a month or even two.

I believe that the police already have a fairly good idea rather or not these remains belong to Hailey. IF they are with holding the identification then I feel that they are doing this to allow them time to strengthen the case against her killer. Or perhaps even to build a case against a second person that may have been involved.
What we also need to remember here is......sad as it is, we have so many missing children....and the body being located in that area, does not mean the person they found was actually from that area. So if they are having to research the database of missing children in that age group from the entire US.....children who went missing during the correct time frame.....that can take even longer.
I wish so desperately that they would make an identification so that the parents of this child can find some peace.

I imagine one of the parents will most likely face charges in connection with this. IMO one parent could quite easily have put the other ones mind to peace years ago but chose not to ;(

I am not certain on the law about this. However I can remember hearing the statement.....identification is being with held pending notification of next of kin. I just have no clue how long they are permitted to with hold that notification. I am also not certain how the law is affected if next of kin is a suspect? (I am not saying her mother is a suspect, I am asking what if?) Also, I do not think they have to notify anybody until they receive final confirmation. I know in many cases, when they have tentative confirmation of the identity.....and the case is not complicated with so many possible scenarios..... they will tell the parents that a tentative match has been made and that they are waiting on final confirmation.....they are not required to do this....they have every right to release nothing until the final results are in.....which can take a month or even two.

Or five or six or more, depending.

As far as I know you're correct that they don't have to notify the next of kin until after they have a definitive identification. And they don't ever have to release any information to the public.

Nor does the family if they have already been informed, carbuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne