Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard the news! I am so thankful Hailey has been found. Now lets get the monster off the streets. Rest in peace little one. :(

Kimster I also have a question. Billie put an update on Facebook thanking everyone for the condolence it sounded like she was very upset is it allowed to be posted on here? I know that people have referenced her FB on here before (done today on another thread) so that is why I'm asking before just out right copy and pasting.

ETA: I saw it is on the Hope for Hailey Facebook page they have posted it.

Kimster I also have a question. Billie put an update on Facebook thanking everyone for the condolence it sounded like she was very upset is it allowed to be posted on here? I know that people have referenced her FB on here before (done today on another thread) so that is why I'm asking before just out right copy and pasting.

I want to say yes, but I know it will be hard on those where she might rub the wrong way so I'm going to say no for today. I'll ask management and see what they think in the meantime.

For those who don't know ... where Hailey's remains were found used to be in Lake JB Thomas, but since there has been a drought in the area for the past few years, the lake started drying up from the edges.

When the remains were first found, I believed they were Hailey's because of the location and the absolute secrecy with which LE held information. They wouldn't say an approximate age or anything about the discovery. In addition, they sent the remains to a DNA lab for identification, and the complete testing took longer than just a dental record exam or match from clothes, etc. I think they wanted an airtight case that there could be no doubt the remains were Hailey's.

Colorado City is only 30 miles from Lake JB Thomas. IMO, Hailey's murderer drove out and dumped her body in Lake JB Thomas, thinking she would never be found. They thought the water would completely destroy her little body. What they didn't count on was the extended drought that continually lowered the water level until Hailey's remains ended up on dry land where they were eventually found.

Now the wheels of justice can begin to turn. A certain young man had means, motive, and opportunity to kill Hailey. With a body, the defense cannot claim she ran away. The drought brought us Hailey and the truth.

:bump:

Underneath the sorrow I feel today is tremendous anger for whoever did this to Hailey. You can probably guess who I'm furious with. BBM

Since Hailey has been found, I'm going to put her in the Featured area for awhile. Please note your bookmarks and grab your belongings because I'm off to move this forum right now.

Chief Owens-CCPD (Snippets)
"Case will handled by Scurry County DA, it will tried in Scurry County.
"Still have investigative work to do to put evidence together. "
"We have possible suspect info, but nothing I can put out now"

He actually says "we have possible suspects...." Not sure if that's a slip up.

I want to say yes, but I know it will be hard on those where she might rub the wrong way so I'm going to say no for today. I'll ask management and see what they think in the meantime.

Thanks Kimster!!

Thank you for sharing that. The second he began to choke up it washed over me :( RIP sweet girl.

Me too...I managed not to cry until I saw that. This why we have to support LE, always, because they are so totally invested. God bless the LE who worked so hard to bring this girl home.

I'm so grateful that I have y'all to share the pain. People who don't follow these cases have no idea how entangled you become with a missing child case. It is so good to have people to be with who feel and understand how I feel. I must say, I'm also so angry right now. I truely hope that someone or people are arrested as soon as possible.

DH asked me why I'm crying, well, he hasn't read every scrap of information and every article and every thread and looked at every picture of this sweet girl. It's an awful day, but a good day too, because now she can come home. She's been with the angels long before someone found her though, darling Hailey has been watching over everyone since before some of us started to look for her. You've been home Hailey, know we just all know it. :heartbeat:

images

If every tear we shed for you became a star above, you'd stroll in angel's garden lit by everlasting love.

RIP Dear Hailey

Love this pic of Hailey.

When was the last time Hailey was seen by someone other than Shawn and Billie?

RIP Haley. Like so many have said, I felt this would be the outcome, but it's still shocking to have it confirmed.

We'll revisit it tomorrow. Let's just remember Hailey tonight, k?

What a beautiful little girl. She captured America's heart, didn't she?

She did...

I am visiting my parents and when I saw the news, I said "oh my gosh!" out loud. My mom heard me and of course wanted to know what I was reading (she just saw I was on my iPad) and as soon as I said, "Remember the girl from Texas who disappeared a couple Christmases ago?" she knew who I meant. :cry: so sad.

:rose: for Hailey

Rest in Peace young lady. I have prayed and thought of you often..You can now be a cheerleader for our God in heaven.

I held out a small amount of hope, but I am glad that there is finally closure. I hope that who ever did this,or was involved in any way, gets exactly what they deserve. She was a beautiful young girl with her whole life ahead of her!

RIP Hailey :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member