Decorah Iowa, Bald Eagle Cam-Watch the babies hatch :)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled again! Definitely looks like some cracks/holes in a couple of the eggs... I wonder how long it takes for the babies to peck through?

Yeah, I saw a hole in a couple of them. I'm sitting at work with my jaw on the floor. This is such an amazing opportunity!! I love the color of her eyes.

I knew as soon as i went ot get the kids I'd miss something :( :(

Rolled again... She sure seems to be wiggling her tail quite a bit - it something happening under there?

ETA: Okay, she's settled down now)

Oh how cool! Thanks so much for both links! I'm watching the little cubs wrestle and play and yell at eachother LOL. They're soooo cute!!

Yes it's 12:23 am my time and I am sitting here watching the eagle cam.

Yes it's 12:23 am my time and I am sitting here watching the eagle cam.

Ha! It's 1:29am here. :seeya:

I don't want to go to bed - I may miss the hatchings!!!

LOL~ I have it saved at work.

So how much disk space will that take up? I keep hitting the screen record button every time she moves, but I can't just turn it on all night... can I? I'm assuming it will take up all the hard drive space. I guess not, huh?

I don't think so. I've left stuff like that on all night before without a problem. She looks like she's sound asleep now though.

Yeah, I just realized that I have a 500G hard-drive... I think it will be okay - LOL! She seems to be turning the eggs every 15 minutes or so?

Definitely looks like Mama is restless, rolling the eggs, and one of them looks like it has either a tiny hole or a dark spot on it. She keeps messing with it.

Totally addictive. Not sure whether to thank you or curse you for this link! :great:

The mate is there! Cool...

ETA: The mom flew off and now the dad is on the eggs. Amazing how they both help out... IIRC, she'll come back soon - he's just 'relieving' her for awhile? Trying to remember from the raptor books we've read.

ETAA: Okay - I'm not sure which one is which - LOL! When I turned it on this morning, there were two there. I *think* the one there now is the dad?

This is so cool. I'm just checking to see if one has hatched. Of course my power went out, and is now on, probably not for long... Seriously snow... argh

Just rolled them again - one looked like the hole in it what a little bigger.

Okay - both of them are there again.

they still didn't eat the rabbit, i wonder why

I wonder if they're saving it for the babies? I think they tear off small strips to give to them. These baby birds eat meat, not worms... :eek:

ETA: I guess they know it's soon? Otherwise, the rabbit would be no good after too long.

Ok just making sure. He was zoomed in on the eggs and I heard the fluttering of wings. lol Yeah, why haven't they eaten the bunny yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024