Decorah Iowa, Bald Eagle Cam-Watch the babies hatch :)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've been going back and forth between this thread and the Casey hearing thread but this one doesn't seem to be moving as much. It's lunchtime in the Casey trial so I get to bird watch for a full interrupted hour. Oh, and do some work in my spare time while I'm on their dime. LOL

Yeah, I've been going back and forth between this thread and the Casey hearing thread but this one doesn't seem to be moving as much. It's lunchtime in the Casey trial so I get to bird watch for a full interrupted hour. Oh, and do some work in my spare time while I'm on their dime. LOL

i know right.....lol, i've got 3 people in my office with the cam up in the corner of our computers.....lol

I'm off to the cell phone store, my droid last night started acting like it was possessed it was going crazy like someone was drawing circles on the touch screen and it even dialed it's self and now today it won't turn on at all..

I know i'm going ot miss something please keep the thread updated!! I'm begging!

OT: Peeps, which model do you have? DH had the original Droid and his did the same thing a few weeks ago. We put it on the table and watched buttons 'click' on themselves. I gave him my Droid Incredible and I'm using our old flip phone (no, it doesn't do any tricks, no matter how many times a day I open/close it... :()

OT: I had the Eris and it was totally possessed. I finally gave in and got an iPhone.

I'm back!

Thanks for updating everyone!!

beli. I have the droid original too and that is exactly what mine was doing.. however i took it into the store and he took the battery out and shook the phone around like crazy blew canned air in it and now it works fine... go figure!!! He said it was probably dirty inside and for me to leave the battery out for a few hours and blow it with canned air 1 more time today.

So kind of a wasted trip but at least it didn't need reset he told me if he reset it i'd lose all my apps i paid for.

right across from verizon is game stop and my kids were messing with me SOO BAD this morning i couldn't take it LOL So i'm getting even.
For 2 weeks they've been begging for lego star wars III. They finally figured out I wasn't buying it and they decided to pool their allowance and buy it themselves this weekend which was fine with me.

So i went and bought it, and I'm going to open the case and take the game out. Then i'm gonna give it to them and they are going to be thrilled till they open the case to take the game out.. MUWAHAHAHAHAH April fools my little varmints!! I'll give it 30 minutes or so before i cave and give them the game LOL

Peeps, my 8-yr-old son is begging for Legos SW3... Let me know what you think of it (for an 8-yr-old...). We told him he'd have to wait - a few months. (ETA: We have the Lego SW: Complete Saga for Wii).

Our April Fool's joke? DH was complaining about how bad the kitchen needed to be cleaned and that if we didn't clean it soon we'd have roaches. (My neck is still recovering from the skin cancer surgery so I'm behind on house work). So I've been cleaning it all day today and it's almost sparkly clean. No roaches, just some ants. But I called him and told him that I started cleaning the kitchen but after seeing a couple of roaches scurry away, I quit -- he knows I can't stand bugs - he has to kill them all. He's all upset now b/c we've never had roaches before... :D

Belimom that made me LOL that's awesome!

I'll let you know what i think of the game I have a 10 yr old and 2 8 yr olds plus 2 smaller boys 5 and 3 :)

I have an 11 yr old who loves SW and Legos.. he has I and II - let me know too, Peeples. =)

@Belimom I LOL'd too. I can't stand roaches. **shiver**

I just heard a mourning dove coo..
OT but Iowa just approved dove hunting, and the poor things mate for life :(

I wish the camera could have gotten a close up!

Lots of movement in the past 10 - 15 minutes .....

belimom, you know what to say to a dh complaining about the kitchen? " Why don't you do it yourself?" Y'know those plastic bugs like they have at Halloween... I would have to get some & put them around for him to find!

I am enthralled watching this cam. She's fluffing all the soft material in the nest so it will be cushy for the eaglets, but the last time she rolled the eggs, I didn't see any signs of hatching. Am I the only one here who feels as if I am in the hospital nursery waiting room?

Here's a pic I made last month in the Florida Keys... up close & personal with a wild bald eagle:
_MG_5910rppc.jpg

so beautiful!!! Nope, I feel like I'm waiting on a friend to give birth!

LOL The camera panning is cool ... but then he went to the bunny and was like UH OH!! and zoomed back out. heheh

A very good book is 'Frightful's Mountain', by the same author as 'My Side of the Mountain' (Jean Craighead George). It's unique in that it is written from the falcon's perspective -- the intuitive longings such as migration, mating, flying, taking care of the young, etc. One of the best goods I've read - which surprised me - LOL! Loved it. It's a kid's book so it's an easy read - I read it with my son.

ETA: It's written as a novel - a story, not an educational type of book. Frightful is the peregrine falcon - if you ever read My Side of the Mountain, it's one of the sequels.

I sooooooooo want the camera person's job... Sitting somewhere controlling the camera via remote access - and putting it on the internet. I mean, we're all sitting here watching this camera and someone is getting paid to do it... Very cool.

The bird that is in the nest right now if you look the bottom right, a feather is kinda messed up a small chunk is missing that is how i tell them apart :)

the other one is back and he brought something with him either food or more nesting material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024