Decorah Iowa, Bald Eagle Cam-Watch the babies hatch :)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updates - my computer crashed and I had to reboot... I guess Macs do crash, huh?

WOW, 75k people watching. Hopefully not too long now. Thank goodness for privacy screens .... LOL (watching at work)

nearly 77k now.....i have it in the corner of my puter while i work.....lol

I just am so amazed at such powerful huge birds, taking care with such fragile eggs... Just as I am huge beasts with their tiny little babies. Such a beautiful circle of life.

This was the first thing I checked on this morning. Trouble in Libya? Radiation in Japan? Our budget mess in CA? Nope - gotta check in on the eagles first. Love this link! Though I'll probably have to send Peeples a loss of work claim as I keep peeking in at the nest....which isn't getting any work done on my end! I just shake my head in wonder that we have such technology now that allows us to see bald eagles hatching...amazing...

A friend just pointed out to me that the nest weights one TON. Whoa...

they switched places again.. couldn't see the eggs though, a big ol feather butt was in the way LOL

i just read that boy and girl eagle are same in color but the female is larger. Also, read babies don't get the white head and white tail until about 4yrs old.....interesting.

do we know who's sitting now....mom or pop? :waitasec:

i just read that boy and girl eagle are same in color but the female is larger. Also, read babies don't get the white head and white tail until about 4yrs old.....interesting.

do we know who's sitting now....mom or pop? :waitasec:

This one looks smaller so may be Poppa.

i personally think the one with the whiter head feathers is dad and the other one is mom....i think dad is on there now
Also the 1 i think is mom has a couple back right feathers either damaged or out of place....

*sigh* if only parenting was this equal at my house lol

A friend just pointed out to me that the nest weights one TON. Whoa...

Yeah- that was pretty mind boggling to me too- that and the fact that the nest is about six feet across and six feet deep - that's a serious nest!!! I just marvel that we have this opportunity...

We have like 7 pair, or so the game wardens say, in our area. One pair has a nest within view of a small road. The nest is HUGEEEEEEEEE. I could sleep in it, lol. There are always people on the side of the road when it's baby time. But this is way cooler, you can actually see them hatch, all we can see here is when they get big enough to look over the side of the nest. lol.

I'm off to the cell phone store, my droid last night started acting like it was possessed it was going crazy like someone was drawing circles on the touch screen and it even dialed it's self and now today it won't turn on at all..

I know i'm going ot miss something please keep the thread updated!! I'm begging!

Just rolled the eggs again...couldn't see much of a change in them.

Mom and Dad were both there for a minute, but they didn't change spots.

I am totally in AWE of the nest. I was watching them hold themselves with their beaks while they got really nestled down then pulled some of the nest around them in order to get a little more warmth. Totally awesome.

Which ever one is there now is kinda sitting like not all the way down like they have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper