Decorah Iowa, Bald Eagle Cam-Watch the babies hatch :)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like it was swaying just now... :o

Aw poor girl.. her little feathers are all ruffling up in the wind

She's seriously trying to get her point across! So cool to hear...

What a sweet little sound. Not at all what I expected a huge bird to sound like!

Okay, that hole in one of the eggs definitely is getting bigger... Guess I'll be on here all night - LOL! Come on, babies, hatch! We need to sleep around here.

The wind is HOWLING! What a good mama... (or daddy?)

Looks like she's watching something. This Momma or Poppa has the patience of a saint. I wish ALL parents had this kind of love and respect for their offspring ....

So what do they eat while they sit there? Do they wait for their mate to come back so they can go hunt and then switch off?

So what do they eat while they sit there? Do they wait for their mate to come back so they can go hunt and then switch off?

I think the mate bring them things and they take turns as well. Do you see the rabbit sitting there to the left...? :o

Yeah, but wasn't that brought yesterday? I haven't seen them try to eat it yet.

This is interesting info about rolling the eggs:

Each egg is rolled about once an hour to prevent the embryo inside from sticking to the eggshell. The rolling also ensures that all parts of the egg get heat from the parent’s brood patch.

The brood patch (see photo) is a featherless area on a bird’s breast that is infused with blood vessels and is sensitive to temperature, and a bird places the patch against its eggs to keep them warm. It’s helpful to think of the brood patch as a hot-water bottle resting against the eggs. The brood patch only appears during nesting season, so when an injured bird is found with a brood patch, rehabilitators know then that the bird has young in a nest somewhere.

http://friendsofblackwater.org/wordpress/eagle11/2011/01/23/egg-rolling-and-eagles/

There goes those cute noises. I think she needs a glass of wine and a break :)

Yeah, but wasn't that brought yesterday? I haven't seen them try to eat it yet.

Yes, I think it was yesterday. I think she must be eating on her break when the mate comes? And the rabbit is for the babies?

Ok i was in the kitchen but the kids were watching and started yelling she's rolling the eggs then they are freaked out saying they saw something ..
Did anyone else see anything.. they said they saw a hole in 1 of the eggs

Ohh and on both twins second grade classes they watched on and off today too LOL

Ok i was in the kitchen but the kids were watching and started yelling she's rolling the eggs then they are freaked out saying they saw something ..
Did anyone else see anything.. they said they saw a hole in 1 of the eggs

I thought I saw it too - a huge gap. But then I decided it was the shadow on that part of the nest...?

Peeps, have you given them their April Fool's gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08