Dede defends Terri - People Magazine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ca-ca-ca-CHING!

was that the sound of another lawyer being paid?
(speculation only with moo)

This is so crazy. On one hand, we have sweet DeDe defending Terri and giving a nice interview to People. And on the other hand, we have a presser by LE last week with the focus solely on DeDe and Terri with an accompanying flyer for the community.

Yeah, somthing doesn't pass the smell test. Is it LE ot DDS? I vote for L...let's leave it there.

Meanwhile, will the REAL perp please stand up???

No, I didn't think so.

Regarding the need for a cell phone when working in a garden, somewhere on a 38 to 40 acre farm:

I did a quick search on poisonous snakes in the Portland area, since at least one person has suggested that one would need a cell phone if bitten by a snake.

Essentially what I found was, there are no poisonous snakes in the Portland area. This person summed it up nicely, I think: "One of my cats caught a garter snake when I lived in Tigard. So Tigard has snakes. I've never seen snakes in Porltand though, only slugs." — Minerva

So, I suppose one could argue that a cell phone might be necessary in case one encounters a slug?

I have no problem with DeDe and I think she is telling the truth.

Dede is only cooperative if she is telling the truth. If she is lying, then she is being uncooperative IMO.

i agree. and the same goes for kyron's teacher(s),school volunteer(s),students,school parents,science fair guests,school staff,turf guy,terri,kaine..........

Interesting...

And so it follows that you speak to them through People Magazine? :waitasec:

There is a right to freedom of speech. DeDe is allowed to talk....just has to be careful what she says. There was nothing in that article that could be construed as trying to influence others' testimony.

Does anyone have any sources for the above mentioned facts beyond Kaine's various motions?

Regarding M. Cooks actions. Link you requested. :)

Cook denies sexual relations

In an interview with KGW on Monday, Cook admitted that he had used his cell phone to photograph the sealed restraining order, and that he had engaged in "sexting" with Terri Horman.

Cook also admitted having "inappropriate communication" with Terri Horman but he denied having sexual relations with her. "I never slept with her," Cook told KGW.

Cook did admit that he had Googled Kaine Horman's new address on his cell phone.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Pol...g-mirrored-talk-with-landscaper-98369624.html

Regarding the need for a cell phone when working in a garden, somewhere on a 38 to 40 acre farm:

I did a quick search on poisonous snakes in the Portland area, since at least one person has suggested that one would need a cell phone if bitten by a snake.

Essentially what I found was, there are no poisonous snakes in the Portland area. This person summed it up nicely, I think: "One of my cats caught a garter snake when I lived in Tigard. So Tigard has snakes. I've never seen snakes in Porltand though, only slugs." — Minerva

So, I suppose one could argue that a cell phone might be necessary in case one encounters a slug?

There are no poisonous snakes in Western Oregon. It's too wet here.
The ONLY poisonous snakes in Oregon are Rattlesnakes and they are in the drier regions (east and south).

Could be Dede did it (the people article) intending to talk a little smack about LE in this case. That makes her fearless, doesn't it? Nothing to fear. Could be. could be...

I shall now muse on that a bit.

Fence musing is exhausting, I'm tellin' ya. :crazy:

There is a right to freedom of speech. DeDe is allowed to talk....just has to be careful what she says. There was nothing in that article that could be construed as trying to influence others' testimony.

Agree on 1st Amendment :biggrin:

Here's what I thought would be helpful for the other of Terri's support system - e.g. the bat-phone friends, Terri's family ... - who might also be on deck for testifying, to know:

Spicher says she's told police the same thing. "They wanted me to tell them that Terri did it or that Terri knew something," she says. "I told them everything that I knew, over and over again. But I didn't tell them what they wanted to hear."

Dede is only cooperative if she is telling the truth. If she is lying, then she is being uncooperative IMO.

She hasn't been granted immunity that we have heard and that tells me a whole lot more. I personally don't believe a word out of her mouth after she and the rest of them bought bat phones in an attempt to conceal their discussions from Law Enforcement.

The truth will prevail. I'm so confident that LE knows and is working to prove it. The flier with Dede's picture on it tells me that there is much much more.

This is a crying shame. Cold and calculated. Not a word about how horrible it is that Kyron is missing. She should have skipped the interview she didn't do herself or Terri any favors. Reminds me of the Cindy Anthony People Magazine article.

It is all about Dede and her good friend Terri...... who she isn't talking to. I see them not talking because their attorneys have ordered them to stop the damage they have done to one another. Each lawyer will now try to get the best deal for their client if charges are filed. I personally feel the clock is ticking.

WOW. JUST WOW. Interesting how one person concludes one thing and other people conclude another.

IMHO..I suspect there are many other reasons why a cell phone would be necessary IF she were working at a nursery....
And I even suspect she had one on her even IF she did leave her phone in her vehicle..You know, the vehicle that was never moved that day..
Also, I don't believe DeDe is telling the truth....I don't think DeDe would tell the truth about what really happened unless perhaps she thought she was going to be biten by a poisonous snake...And the bite would be fatal.... All JMO...

Thank you. I couldn't find the link that she was no longer speaking to Terri.

IMO, she cannot speak to Terri. DeDe is in the middle of "testifying" before the Grand Jury Once you start your testimony, you are not allowed to speak to anyone involved in the case so your testimony or the other person's testimony cannot be influenced and/or aligned with each other.

are we sure about this chump? i was under the impression that after a witness testifies at the gj they could then climb the highest mountain and scream their entire story to anyone who cares to listen.

Could be Dede did it (the people article) intending to talk a little smack about LE in this case. That makes her fearless, doesn't it? Nothing to fear. Could be. could be...

I shall now muse on that a bit.

Fence musing is exhausting, I'm tellin' ya. :crazy:

Time for your afternoon cup of coffee? :innocent:

Regarding M. Cooks actions. Link you requested. :)

Cook denies sexual relations

In an interview with KGW on Monday, Cook admitted that he had used his cell phone to photograph the sealed restraining order, and that he had engaged in "sexting" with Terri Horman.

Cook also admitted having "inappropriate communication" with Terri Horman but he denied having sexual relations with her. "I never slept with her," Cook told KGW.

Cook did admit that he had Googled Kaine Horman's new address on his cell phone.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Pol...g-mirrored-talk-with-landscaper-98369624.html

Did he admit any other communication wi6h Kaine Horman? If he didn't and it comes out (not likely) that he did, I wonder where that would leave this case? Probably in the "Terri did it" camp, eh what?

I would hope, hope, that if I agreed to do an interview with an entertainment magazine I would make is a condition of the interview that it at least mentions information about the missing child to keep his cause out there...But then, I know, I wouldn't be doing such an interview just to make money...Not saying that's why she did it, just saying there are certain conditions certain people insist upon, up front, for interviews which if denied might cause them to say, "No, thanks...Not doing it then." JMOO...

Here's the reality of dealing with media, and it comes from decades of being both media and also at times, being a spokesperson for an agency.

Unless, say, you're Jennifer Aniston announcing your engagement, you don't get to set terms and conditions. At least not with any ethical reporter. It's very common for people to ask to see the article before publication, and the answer is, and always has to be "sorry, no."

There's also the factor of how people respond to media, especially "big name" media. Many people have no clue how to handle the media, and that fact gets fed on. Many people get so entranced with the idea of themselves in the spotlight--let's say, Ric Mims, Drew Peterson's ol' buddy--that they just go crazy with it.

Someone who knows how that biz works doesn't have to negotiate. You just make darned certain that at some point you take the interview where ou want it to go and make an important statement with good verbs and headline content that you can bet the reporter will bite on and use. But most folks not in the biz don't know how to do that.

In general, a People snippet does not provide us with much to hang our hats on. They're a "gossip and go" publication, and they have that market sewed up.

And, yes, someone could say "If you don't let me make a nice statement about Kyron I won't talk to you." Forgive me, but that's a dumb move. Why? The reporter may say "We can't be dictated to, bye bye now" and the potential interviewee could lose the chance to say something they really really wanted to say in public (whatever that is).

Or, the reporter could accept that term, and boy howdy, could the interviewee be in deep trouible then. When the article comes out, the text includes (because reporters do not like to be dictated to; independence is part of the breed, just ask any editor!) something like this:

Smith demanded that this article include what he called a "nice" statement about xyz. Although normally we do not negotiate with those being interviewed, we felt that this conversation was important enough to provide that platform.

This is being written as quickly as I can type, which is PDQ. Notice the verb: Smith DEMANDED. The use of that word, with its connotations, sends a clear message.

No matter what else Smith has said, Smith now has taken a big hit in more than one way.

Or, let's say that the reporter uses the "nice" statement without an editorial note. Then the reporter uses another quote like this: Despite his vehement statement of support, Smith earlier said "quote that contradicts the "nice" statement.

Always remember that words are weapons, and how they're used, and in what length, and in what setting, can change things signficantly. At one point, when I was doing sometimes literally dozens of radio interviews daily, I learned to ask if they wanted 10, 30, or 60 second sound bites. And I'd tailor my response. I also learned that in a longer sound bite, or in a longer interview, never, ever, to use even one phrase that could be pulled out by itself to say something that was the opposite of the entire interview. The unscrupulous reporters will do that.

Please understand that the sculpting of interviews and then the sculpting of the article, and all the variables, contains many potholes--and many opportunities. But you have to have spent a lot of time on that road to know the differences, and know how to steer things where you want to go.

When you read or hear an interview, please always remember that it isn't the whole interview, that there are connotative words as well as denotative words, and that how it's put together is part of the story that you perceive. A reporter can present a picture that seems good, but isn't complete at all.

Whew. I've also counseled political candidates, and got a longshot elected, and it was hard work to teach her how to handle media and forums. The first hurdle was getting her to accept how the game is played, and it is a rouigh rough game.

I keep swearing that one day I'll write a "how to handle the media" guide for the average person in a crisis, or the average person who's doing community work and needs PR for a group.

WOW. JUST WOW. Interesting how one person concludes one thing and other people conclude another.

I KNOW, right?! WS is sooo awesome. :dance:

Except the part where y'all keep me on this fence.

*pulls out another splinter right on the tan line*

I KNOW, right?! WS is sooo awesome. :dance:

Except the part where y'all keep me on this fence.

*pulls out another splinter right on the tan line*

I'm so tired of this fence. And gossip.

Waiter, please, some provable facts that will help find Kryon and the evil-doer who took him. That's all we really want and need.

A little less fame****ing and needless defending would go a long way. As would some corroboration on her whereabouts. Oh, and maybe, just maybe, between these two, we could get at least one genuine statement of concern about Kyron. I imagine that's asking a bit much, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member