Defense claims judge had inappropriate convo with blogger?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what JS thinks about MDs blog now. Sadly, I think this only serves to add to the concern that is outlined in the motion currently before the court. IF JS thinks MDs blog is fair and impartial and/or one of the best out there (not saying I believe or disbelieve these statements), the current implosion at MD would be even more disconcerting IF I were the defendant in a death penalty case.

I trust the Judge will do what he feels is proper in this case. I just can not help but wish the decision would be made asap lol!
Right off hand? Blindsided comes to mind...sucker punched...misunderstood and misquoted probably bless his heart. I have upmost compassion for his honor in this ridiculously clouded area. Such a shame...but hey, if it gets Caylee Anthony her justice in the end, then I say let it be.

While I think it is rather shabby of the defense to give a copy of their motion to the media BEFORE they filed it, and it might be unethical, it is not illegal correct?

Interesting to see if any other local media outlet will report on this, because it seems pretty obvious, even to me, that there is more than one motion to recuse out there. We all know how important it is to the different local stations, ratings wise, to have the 'inside track' or scoop the other guy.

I would love to see this story get as much press as the original story did because it is even more interesting. I strongly suspect that reporters and other read here, so if someone from the media is reading along with us right now (30 memebers and 38 guests), how about stepping up to the plate and taking a swing at this? It shouldn't be too hard for an intrepid reporter to verify this - don't they have all sorts of 'experts around to turn to?

ETA: SOTS - I take my $50 in 10's please :)
I think this is a really common practice for defense lawyers...I know Mr. Hornsby had given HIS favorite station the scoop recently about the phone call recordings. That is why he would not post them HERE until his outlet got to break the story...I think it's pretty common. :waitasec:

I am not a lawyer, but it is my belief that if one of the defense lawyers or someone in their employ forged Casey's name that would be HUGE!!! THis is why you will see paralegals ( when the client cannot make it in to the law office) taking documents to someone's home, the hospital, to the grocery store to be signed with a box of Cheerios under it...because one cannot sign someone else's name to a sworn document, even if they say to you, just sign it for me. When you sign a client’s name to a document under the penalties of perjury, you are also misrepresenting your signature to be that of the client. Your client’s authorization does not cure this problem. The judge and the bar would be all over them like white on rice. It would be..in slang...the mother load. It would not be the judge leaving the case, but someone sure would be! For those reasons I don't think they would risk it. She may just play doctor and try to sign her name fast, based on her mood. Well...these folks do seem to live in a parallel universe, so who knows what their limit is. Many, many, many a time I have found their moral compass askew. After that Todd video...............nothing would surprise me.

Is this not why it needs to be ascertained from the records whether CM visited the perp that Friday? (I have no clue how to do that.)

Ok went back and found a 4th signature of KC. This is taken from ZFG AND KC Defendant's Answer to Plaintiff 1/30/2009.

I wanted to bring forward this quote with the signature attachment as it was buried pretty far back. Thanks for the attachment of all 4 by the way!

I have been very unsuccessful at finding a current jail visitor log. Can anyone point me in the proper direction pretty please? I feel this will answer alot of questions on if this siggy is authentic! Thanx in advance!

(post 970 pg 39 of this thread)- apparently my copy/paste feature will not work for me today - sorry

ETA: SOTS - I take my $50 in 10's please :)

Here's the first installment:
:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

Can I owe you the rest?????????

I wanted to bring forward this quote with the signature attachment as it was buried pretty far back. Thanks for the attachment of all 4 by the way!

I have been very unsuccessful at finding a current jail visitor log. Can anyone point me in the proper direction pretty please? I feel this will answer alot of questions on if this siggy is authentic! Thanx in advance!

Casey's Defense Refiles Motion After Notary Error

http://www.wftv.com/news/23197462/detail.html

In NC, a notary need not check ID if the person is known to them. That being said, KC's signature must be her own, and I have seen this same signature throughout. I also have seen and prepared, at attorney direction, signatory pages while the client was in the office, prior to the document being finalized.

I've been reading all day just to catch up. I am a very slow reader, unfortunately. So many, many good posts, and I didn't want to skip any.

Well done SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now..............would the defense prefer egg or egg white on their face?????????

Wonder what other subtle changes may have been made to the motion. Hmmmmmmm should be interesting,

Is this not why it needs to be ascertained from the records whether CM visited the perp that Friday? (I have no clue how to do that.)

Neither do I! How do you view the visitor logs? Do I get $50 for this post? My water heater DID go down this weekend.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Funny Ch13 has nothing about this info. (Visualize head and tail between the legs!!)

Now..............would the defense prefer egg or egg white on their face?????????

Wonder what other subtle changes may have been made to the motion. Hmmmmmmm should be interesting,

HeHeHe.... as slowly as I read, usually y'all find this stuff way before I even have a chance to get there.

Is SUN the one who originally caught that here?

Okay, now I have a question about the new motion. The part with KC's signature is dated yesterday, but the date at the end of the motion reads Friday. Would that cause an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx