Defense FINALLY Begins Depo Process

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the news station should all ban together and boycott Baez and his possums from anymore news conference! Who in their right mind would respect Casey ???? Imagine , demanding respect from the babykiller herself and his heinous !!!!:sick:

They'll will show who needs to be respected ! OMG....he calls a news conference. They come and have to listen to him on a power trip ? :banghead:

Just ignore Baez and company !!!!

Charleyann

----------------------
Hi Charlieann, this is exactly what I think too! I think B. is getting PO'd because they arent getting much coverage.People are sick of his carp!! I think that is why HLN has moved away for the better part.:furious:

THANK YOU MuzikMan!!

The Defense will take depositions from these State witnesses on October 7, 2010

- Scott Bolin, FBI - added Dec 3, 2008 [Defense depo June 17, 2010; Oct 7, 2010]
- John Dennis Bradley - Expert Witness - Cacheback - added May 24, 2010
[Defense depo Oct 7, 2010 via Skype from Canada)]
- C. Douglas Clark - Univ of Central FL - air samples - added March 23, 2009
[Defense depo Oct 7, 2010]
- David D. Clarke - OCSO - added Nov 17, 2008 [Defense depo Oct 7, 2010]
- Dep Elizabeth Collins - OCSO - added March 23, 2009
- Dep Brian E. Cross - OCSO - added May 24, 2010 [Defense depo Oct 7, 2010]
- Dep Kethlin B. Cutcher - OCSO - added April 13, 2009
- Tanya DePalmo - OCSO - added Nov 17, 2008 [Defense depo Oct 7, 2010]
- George Duke - Metropolitan Bureau of Inv - added Dec 3, 2008

Updates from today's status hearing:
The deadline for the defense to depose the state's expert witnesses was extended from September 30, 2010 to November 19, 2010. Baez listed the following individuals as the state's experts he has not yet deposed:
Neal Haskill
Christina Ballard
Kevin Strenger
Michael Rickenbach
William Moore
Sandra Cawn
John Bradley
James Darnell
Brandon Giroux

Deadline of October 31, 2010 for LE and all other witness depositions remains firm.

Another update from today's hearing. Judge Perry asked Baez how many ordinary witnesses (not LE or experts) did he still need to depose. JB told him there were 12 people and then proceeded to list 15:
Robyn Adams
Richard Cain
Helen Davis
Maya Derkovich
Erica Gonzales
Sylvia Hernandez
Amy Huizenga
Daniel Ibensen
Joe Jordan
Anthony Lazzaro
Tim Miller
Rick Plesea
Kathleen Ramsey
Anthony Rusciano
Keith Williams

Another update from today's hearing. Judge Perry asked Baez how many ordinary witnesses (not LE or experts) did he still need to depose. JB told him there were 12 people and then proceeded to list 15:
Robyn Adams
Richard Cain
Helen Davis
Maya Derkovich
Erica Gonzales
Sylvia Hernandez
Amy Huizenga
Daniel Ibensen
Joe Jordan
Anthony Lazzaro
Tim Miller
Rick Plesea
Kathleen Ramsey
Anthony Rusciano
Keith Williams

In court today JB clarified that he doesn't intend to take depos from EVERYONE. In fact HHJP seemed curious about why JB would only need a depo from some of those listed on the State Witness list.

JB then explained that some folks on the list under category "A" served as nothing more than "delivery drivers" for evidence being transported from point A to point B. Ummmmmmm JB.......given the value of a clear chain of custody I find it interesting that you deemed parties "minor" becasue they served as "delivery drivers".

Anyway.....Jose stated that he is able to narrow his list for depos by using his investigator to go out and conduct an interview. There are several people that JB should have pounced on well before now...

Keith Williams who allegedly found a bag of stuffed animals on Suburban and brought them to Cindy.

Rick Plesea a relative of KC and one that had made statements that upset Cindy.

Tony L. KC's ex boyfriend aka alleged target of Anthony family rumor mill.

Amy H. Kc's ex friend and target of Anthony family rumor mill.

Sylvia H. guard that facilitated letters that JB himself did not object to regarding their public release. He was worried about bra orders but NOT letters?????

Erica G. friend of KC from Fusion.

Maya D and Robyn A. both inmates with statements that could hurt his client IF allowed.

And the former Deputy Richard C. who was fired for "failing" to properly follow up on reports by Kronk about a body.

Does anyone else see a pattern here????

In court today JB clarified that he doesn't intend to take depos from EVERYONE. In fact HHJP seemed curious about why JB would only need a depo from some of those listed on the State Witness list.

JB then explained that some folks on the list under category "A" served as nothing more than "delivery drivers" for evidence being transported from point A to point B. Ummmmmmm JB.......given the value of a clear chain of custody I find it interesting that you deemed parties "minor" becasue they served as "delivery drivers".

Anyway.....Jose stated that he is able to narrow his list for depos by using his investigator to go out and conduct an interview. There are several people that JB should have pounced on well before now...

Keith Williams who allegedly found a bag of stuffed animals on Suburban and brought them to Cindy.

Sylvia H. guard that facilitated letters that JB himself did not object to regarding their public release. He was worried about bra orders but NOT letters?????

Maya D and Robyn A. both inmates with statements that could hurt his client IF allowed.

And the former Deputy Richard C. who was fired for "failing" to properly follow up on reports by Kronk about a body.

Obviously you mean above and beyond the fact these depos should have been done two years ago?

Well they all could further implicate ICA or Cindy.

Red and bolded by me.

I see a pattern of procrastination! In a death penalty case, no less! The names in red should have been some of the first ones JB should have been talking to! He has not taken the depo of the man that KC was living with while Caylee was missing? Are you kidding me? This just solidifies for me that he hasn't REALLY given much thought to how to defend this case at trial. He is merely working on the mitigation phase AFTER she gets convicted.

Obviously you mean above and beyond the fact these depos should have been done two years ago?

Well they all could further implicate ICA or Cindy.

Oh yes...I should have clarified as that is a GIVEN!!!!! I was simply adding to demonstrate additional reasons for what should have been done wasn't.

Red and bolded by me.

I see a pattern of procrastination! In a death penalty case, no less! The names in red should have been some of the first ones JB should have been talking to! He has not taken the depo of the man that KC was living with while Caylee was missing? Are you kidding me? This just solidifies for me that he hasn't REALLY given much thought to how to defend this case at trial. He is merely working on the mitigation phase AFTER she gets convicted.

Who has time for depos when you have to be available for the media????

IMO Mitigation AND her appeal.

Oh yes!

Baez is yet to depose..

Amy - Casey's closest female friend at the time Caylee was killed, a person who can give the most information as to Casey's state of mind and her activities.

Tony L - Casey's boyfriend who she virtually lived with after Caylee was killed.

Rick P - A member of the family who saw first hand the attempt by Casey and family to deny her pregnancy and the lengths to which their delusions can travel.

Erica G - first hand witness to all of the partying at fusion by Casey.

So the people who's testimony which potentially will be most devastating to the defense are not deposed. Baez knows that Casey won't enjoy reading those documents when they are finally deposed.

IIRC he has already done Anthony L.....that was a long time ago....

I truly agree most of these should have been done months and not a year ago.....

In the news thread:
They will depose Dr. Jan G today - another person who should have been deposed 2 years ago!
How do they get away with all this dragging of feet??

In the news thread:
They will depose Dr. Jan G today - another person who should have been deposed 2 years ago!
How do they get away with all this dragging of feet??

One of the pundits on JVM last night started to say how all the defense has been doing is stalling and trying to delay the truth and JVM cut her off and said now now I've talked with JB and he's on the up and up. He's a good guy. Makes me sick. I had to turn the channel and probably won't turn it back.

A couple of weeks ago, she called Baez "charming". She needs to educate herself before standing up for such an unusual person.

I truly agree most of these should have been done months and not a year ago.....

Yes, JB did but I believe (and this was quite a while ago) that they did not finish up. So even more reason to wonder what took JB so long unless he wanted to see what would show up in discovery. The Blockbuster video is a "blockbuster". Shows neither KC or TL had a care in the world. For TL it was true, for KC....not so much. jmo

One of the pundits on JVM last night started to say how all the defense has been doing is stalling and trying to delay the truth and JVM cut her off and said now now I've talked with JB and he's on the up and up. He's a good guy. Makes me sick. I had to turn the channel and probably won't turn it back.

Maybe JVM was referring to the fact that as an inexperienced attorney taking on the death penalty, handling the media, getting his client some money to pay her attorney...cough, cough....getting all these high powered attorneys to step up pro bono and generally make it a media circus (which, by-the-way, is great for her show) that JB is really good at what he is doing. Has nothing to do with him being a good attorney, he's just good at taking advantage of a sad situation and trying to make his client look as if she is totally innocent of any wrong doing.

If KC had listened to her father those first days in jail and gone to LE instead of JB talking her out of it (if that is what happened) JB would never have been paid and his name would not even be a memory. JB kept the family away. He could have said you can visit but I will have to be there with you and we can do it once a month but conversations cannot be about the trial. Did he ever offer? I doubt it because CA and GA would have jumped at the chance just to see their daughter. But that is jmo.

strawberry said:

JEFF ASHTON, PROSECUTOR: I don`t think that the defense in the last two years has been diligent in getting this evidence examined.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, new indications that Casey Anthony`s lawyers might be hunting for a brand-new suspect. Casey`s attorney, Jose Baez, arguing in court today for fancy new DNA testing on evidence found near little Caylee`s remains. In particular, a canvas bag and a pair of Caylee`s shorts.

The prosecutor wasn`t buying it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ASHTON: If you give them another two months to get their experts done, then what happens to the -- the deadline for me?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: This evidence has been sitting around since Caylee`s remains were found in December of 2008. Her mother, Casey, of course, charged with little Caylee`s murder.

Joining me now, former prosecutor Wendy Murphy. Wendy, Jose Baez wants to send this evidence out of the country to a Dutch DNA expert. What are they hoping for? Mystery DNA they could point to, a mystery suspect.

MURPHY: You know, it`s not a mystery Jane, what they`re trying to do. Look, if there`s one thing we`ve seen in this case, it`s every trick in the book to drag this case out, to delay the truth from coming out, to put off justice for this poor child.

If I were the judge I`d say, what took you song so long and what are you doing in the Netherlands? You know, we`ve got the best DNA labs in the world in this country. And they need to go to this special hired gun to do what -- to mess up the truth in this case even more? I wouldn`t give him a day`s worth of extra time.

And make -- I want to make a prediction here, Jane. More delays are coming. You watch. On the virtual eve of trial, Jose will probably get sick. He`ll get fired. They`ll need a new lawyer. You watch. You watch. This case is going to be dragged out until we`ve all dropped dead.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`ve talked to Jose numerous times. And say what you want about the case, but he`s a nice guy. He`s a legit guy.

MURPHY: I didn`t say that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. They attempted DNA testing on the canvas bag and the shorts a long time ago, but it wasn`t successful. Now, they fired back in court today when the prosecutor -- a prosecutor questioned his motive.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOSE BAEZ, ATTORNEY: We didn`t bring Dr. Huntington to Orlando so that he could go to Disney World. We brought him down to do a job. It took his best efforts to do what he did. And it didn`t work out, based on -- based on the amount of evidence and the lack of proper equipment.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, we`ve got a call. Julie, Kentucky, your question or comment. Oh, Julie.

CALLER: yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. What`s your question, ma`am?

CALLER: First of all, I believe that Casey is innocent.

I also believe that the lawyers that she has, are going to be very experienced lawyers. And I understand that she`s going to be getting some more in the future. So, I just think they may know something that we don`t.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, to your point, Wendy Murphy, there is a lack of trust and maybe even of paranoia by the defense. The defense is arguing that all of the labs in Florida are affiliated with the government, in other words, sort of implying that they might not do these tests completely objectively.

MURPHY: That`s the issue. There are a lot of places that work almost exclusively for defense attorneys. I mean, it just doesn`t take this long to know that you might want to hire an expert for this.

Waiting for the last minute is usually just a delay tactic. This is not that creative. All I`m saying is there`s a time -- the caller is absolutely right. There`s a ton of evidence in this case we know nothing about. And that, I think, speaks to the truth here. The defense is dragging their feet. So why are they so worried about...?

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1009/27/ijvm.01.html

I'm guessing JVM hasn't read the reason Baez didn't get his law license for 8 years...Ethical and Baez do not belong in the same sentence...

WendyMurphy's prediction...

I want to make a prediction here, Jane. More delays are coming. You watch. On the virtual eve of trial, Jose will probably get sick. He`ll get fired. They`ll need a new lawyer. You watch. You watch. This case is going to be dragged out until we`ve all dropped dead

I truly hope this doesn't happen...that she is totally wrong on that prediction...but I wouldn't put it past Baez to try a stunt like this...JMHO

I also agree that there is more evidence we haven't seen yet, but if there is more evidence to come out, will it tip the scale more for the prosecutors or the defense??? As it stands now, I think the scales tip on the side of justice for Caylee...JMHO

I see nothing that can help the defense at this point (unless ICA comes clean and accepts responsibility) but until we see some reciprocal discovery, we can only speculate on where the defense lies (pun intended...:innocent:LMAO) JMHO

Justice for Caylee

JVM has an ulterior motive for being nice to JB. The media coverage on this case has been very calm compared to when it was the main topic on HLN every night. However the Anthony circus will be coming back through town when the trial starts and there will be huge national coverage on this case again. So JVM and her producers are jockeying for position to have exclusives with the defense during the trial. It's all about future money and ratings.

JB is stalling and that is pretty much the only thing the defense has done in this case. When your client is very clearly guilty and looking at the possibility of the death penalty it's about the only tactic you have available honestly.

Maybe JVM was referring to the fact that as an inexperienced attorney taking on the death penalty, handling the media, getting his client some money to pay her attorney...cough, cough....getting all these high powered attorneys to step up pro bono and generally make it a media circus (which, by-the-way, is great for her show) that JB is really good at what he is doing. Has nothing to do with him being a good attorney, he's just good at taking advantage of a sad situation and trying to make his client look as if she is totally innocent of any wrong doing.

If KC had listened to her father those first days in jail and gone to LE instead of JB talking her out of it (if that is what happened) JB would never have been paid and his name would not even be a memory. JB kept the family away. He could have said you can visit but I will have to be there with you and we can do it once a month but conversations cannot be about the trial. Did he ever offer? I doubt it because CA and GA would have jumped at the chance just to see their daughter. But that is jmo.

ITA I'm sure on a social level he can seem like "a good guy" although IMO he is not. But the part that really got me was "he's on the up and up." Ummm let's see. Laura Buchanan, selling pics of a dead 2 year old and denying it, throwing everyone but his client (well actually her too in a way) under the bus, wanting ICA in on depositions, on and on ad nauseum

Yes Zoey you are correct, Tony L(as well as the manager of the Amscot, the tow truck driver and 2 wrecker service employees) was deposed on October 30, 2008

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17846721/detail.html
Baez Deposes Witnesses In Casey Anthony Murder Case October 30, 2008

DP attorney Terrence Lenamon joined the team on October 22, 2008. but on that day it was not known if the State was going to seek the DP.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17769215/detail.html

I don't know if Lenamon was present at the Lazzaro depo as the DP qualified attorney...
Lenamon did file a report in Nov 2008 on why ICA should not get the DP and
on Dec 6 2008 the SAO announced it would not seek the DP

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...thony-death-penalty-aggravating-circumstances

"Terence Lenamon, an attorney hired by Casey Anthony's defense team, gave prosecutors a report in November outlining why the mother should not receive the death penalty. It cites Casey Anthony's erratic behavior since the child's disappearance, arguing it shows Anthony was under emotional or mental distress. It also mentions she lacks a history of criminal activity, including child abuse."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back