Defense Team's Horrible Display Celebrating

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sour grapes. If I were on a defense team that had just gotten a not guilty verdict in a death penalty case, I might have turned somersaults in the courtroom. What I saw here were hugs and tears.

It's not exactly like winning a football game though, is it?
This is all about a 2 year old thrown away in a trash dump, to be torn apart by animals. Nothing less.
Public displays of celebration - considering their client is a murderer, just not convicted, is hideously inappropriate.

Okay guys, let's not get too excited. I think I figured it out. We see DS jumping up and down for joy, up and down, overwhelming joy I would say. My guess is she just found out she is not the one who has to bring KC home with her. Now CM and the "magical finger", I'm guessing he drew the short straw.

It's as clear as day and that window we were looking through. Good luck guys.

P.S. - I think KC is going home. For this team to say one of them is taking it for the team and bringing KC into their home, well, I just don't believe it. Won't be the first time this defense team has lied to us. jmo

Did you notice when JC interviewed CM she asked him if ICA could go home with him. He almost rolled his eyes but then restrained himself and said "yes, for a while, not for very long, but yes".
Lock up your valuables CM and your checkbooks, and if she tells you that you walked in your sleep and hid $400 somewhere you know where you heard that before...

It's not exactly like winning a football game though, is it?
This is all about a 2 year old thrown away in a trash dump, to be torn apart by animals. Nothing less.
Public displays of celebration - considering their client is a murderer, just not convicted, is hideously inappropriate.

They don't THINK she's a murderer, that's the point. I refuse to believe they were celebrating freeing a murderer. They were celebrating being vindicated. As I mentioned above, I was a legal secretary for 22 years. Yes, lawyers celebrate when they win.

If they didn't want the public to see them, if they didn't want the media to film them, they wouldn't have went to a place so close by that was made of ALL GLASS. They knew exactly what they were doing. Giving a big F U to anyone who dared to want a child murderer put away for life. They can celebrate their "win" all they want but it was very poor taste to do basically out in the open and then to give "us" the finger. Yeah, classy. They KNOW Casey murdered Caylee. They know it. It was more important to win this case. Also it wasn't just that they defended Casey, it was HOW they defended her for 3 years and how they behaved afterwards. They are poor excuses for human beings. Just MO.

Had it been me and we won such a major victory trial of the decade, I would have had Elephants and fire blowing dancers. For the record though, the verdict was a surprise, no one knew when it was coming in, so it was an impromptu shindig.

If they didn't want the public to see them, if they didn't want the media to film them, they wouldn't have went to a place so close by that was made of ALL GLASS. They knew exactly what they were doing. Giving a big F U to anyone who dared to want a child murderer put away for life. They can celebrate their "win" all they want but it was very poor taste to do basically out in the open and then to give "us" the finger. Yeah, classy. They KNOW Casey murdered Caylee. They know it. It was more important to win this case. Also it wasn't just that they defended Casey, it was HOW they defended her for 3 years and how they behaved afterwards. They are poor excuses for human beings. Just MO.

Actually, Cheney said he was not "saluting" the public, but one particular guy (and I'd bet it's the one that was arguing with the security guard) who Cheney said had been heckling and harassing him all through the trial. And they'd been going to that restaurant all during the trial, so perhaps they felt some loyalty to the owner for the publicity. Who knows?

And they may have indeed have drunk the "Casey Kool-Aid" and believe her.

I'd call them poor excuses for human beings for defending Casey, but not for celebrating their victory. The prosecution screwed up here royal by going for the DP. It's that simple.

http://news.yahoo.com/did-prosecution-overreach-pursuing-death-penalty-164100466.html

had it been me and we won such a major victory trial of the decade, i would have had elephants and fire blowing dancers. For the record though, the verdict was a surprise, no one knew when it was coming in, so it was an impromptu shindig.

exactly!

I was born in Philadelphia and I must say I understand how someone from the big city feels about a child's murder when they hear about day in and day out. My husband was in LE in a large city and retired. Up to the day he retired he always told me the worst scene was one where there was a death of a child. In the same respect he delivered 2 babies and said he felt as if they were his own.

That being said not everyone is hardened by being constantly exposed to murders and deaths that constantly are in the news. Many people on this forum searched for this child on their own and with TES and I suppose they all felt what if this were my child, my grandchild. Violence in some areas of our country is way too high and needs to stop, cities and towns along the Mexican boarder for instance.

No one can stop a person from getting attached to a child when videos, pictures, family pleas to find her are on the news almost daily. This is what happened with Caylee. Defense planned it that way...they sold the pictures to ABC, they made numerous appearance on talk shows, they did what they had to get their client free. Whether we like it or not, she's free. Whether we think they played dirty pool, she's free. That's all that matters to them.

So the people who searched, the people who kept up with the latest updates on the case, those that invested their time and money to help find Caylee have holes in their hearts. If you can respect that, you must respect their right to grieve for a child they hoped would be found alive. jmo

They don't THINK she's a murderer, that's the point. I refuse to believe they were celebrating freeing a murderer. They were celebrating being vindicated. As I mentioned above, I was a legal secretary for 22 years. Yes, lawyers celebrate when they win.

Sorry, no one was more SHOCKED when the verdict was announced than her own DT.

Celebrating the end of a long case where they have devoted lots of time energy and resources is understandable,but when it concerns the death of a small child they should know better than to do it in public and give vulgar gestures to someone with a camera... the legal profession expects better than that.

Oh, I worked for attorneys, too. But any celebrating was done at the office and none of my attorneys were ever, ever accused to giving the other side the finger. Too much class, I guess. That would be the difference. Not all defense attorneys act this way. A couple of glass of bubbly, back to the office and get to work. No worky, no money. I think that might have been printed over the doorway.

And I don't believe CM's excuse because what if there had been a small child walking by with their mother at that moment. Just a bad decision on his part. One of many he has made. Also giving SA the finger in court was a no-no. BS saw it and my guess other's did as well. jmo

Big win, hard work, blah, blah, blah. Work is hard. Big deal. NOTHING justifies their classless behavior.

If she had been convicted of any mega prison time, I have no doubts the State would be celebrating, and lots of people would be clinking their virtual mugs all over the place with them.

Actually, Cheney said he was not "saluting" the public, but one particular guy (and I'd bet it's the one that was arguing with the security guard) who Cheney said had been heckling and harassing him all through the trial. And they'd been going to that restaurant all during the trial, so perhaps they felt some loyalty to the owner for the publicity. Who knows?

And they may have indeed have drunk the "Casey Kool-Aid" and believe her.

I'd call them poor excuses for human beings for defending Casey, but not for celebrating their victory. The prosecution screwed up here royal by going for the DP. It's that simple.

http://news.yahoo.com/did-prosecution-overreach-pursuing-death-penalty-164100466.html

Cheney Mason is an arrogant old man with a short fuse. He has insulted media since the beginning of the case, shoving Kathi Belich out of the way,calling her the stupidest reporter ever ( she kept asking him questions he did NOT want to answer in case he contradicted himself as usual) - so I am not surprised at him giving the finger to someone from the press. It's normal behavior for him..

If she had been convicted of any mega prison time, I have no doubts the State would be celebrating, and lots of people would be clinking their virtual mugs all over the place with them.

I would certainly have celebrated. I would have bought some champagne for that, since justice would have been served for Caylee.

Had it been me and we won such a major victory trial of the decade, I would have had Elephants and fire blowing dancers. For the record though, the verdict was a surprise, no one knew when it was coming in, so it was an impromptu shindig.

since "elephants and fire blowing dancers" aren't allowed in bars, where would you have held such an event? (oh nevermind, where Caylee's remains were found I gather....)

what a sad world we live in!

Sure,why not? Everyone loves it when their team wins. That's just human nature.

Fortunately their own reputable peers think poorly of them too.A local Attorney has filed a complaint with the Florida Bar about this unprofessional display..

since "elephants and fire blowing dancers" aren't allowed in bars, where would you have held such an event? (oh nevermind, where Caylee's remains were found I gather....)

what a sad world we live in!

Is that really fair to insinuate that? Lawyers have a JOB to do. Was anyone going to like anyone who represented Casey?

People with "virtual mugs" are not Attorneys. Huge difference.
The State certainly would have celebrated, in private, without the use of the "middle finger of affection".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus
Back