Defense Team's Horrible Display Celebrating

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is that really fair to insinuate that? Lawyers have a JOB to do. Was anyone going to like anyone who represented Casey?

I liked Lizabeth. Ann Finille was likeable to me.

Is that really fair to insinuate that? Lawyers have a JOB to do. Was anyone going to like anyone who represented Casey?
I don't think people would have disliked attorneys representing Casey if they had backed up their opening argument with evidence, rather than sneaking in stories to influence a jury and then never proving any of it (e.g., Jose Baez). And I think it's rational to dislike an attorney (Cheney Mason) who courted the press, used the media and took advantage of the high-profile status to make lots of money off of their "indigent" client, only to turn around after winning and getting on a high horse and shaming the very hand that fed him.

Then do it in private. It's not a team sport of any kind.

Oh. I agree that appropriate celebration is a must.
The prosecution is a team though. I don't believe that LDB,JA,FG and others on their team would have done an in your face type of celebration.

Did you notice when JC interviewed CM she asked him if ICA could go home with him. He almost rolled his eyes but then restrained himself and said "yes, for a while, not for very long, but yes".
Lock up your valuables CM and your checkbooks, and if she tells you that you walked in your sleep and hid $400 somewhere you know where you heard that before...

I didn't hear that but what I did hear when she asked was "no, I don't think Casey will go home with me" and yes I saw that he almost rolled his eyes. She is just a client of his, nothing more, nothing less. The scary thing is that I think once she is out all of these new "friends" she has found will no longer be her friends, they will be just her lawyers. All IMO

If CM's lips are flapping, he's lying ... I wanted to stick my two cents in about Mason giving the one arm salute IN COURT to Ashton ... IN COURT ....
(for those unfamiliar with it, if you watched Sopranos, you saw it a lot) ... same gesture as the recent one, only without sticking the middle finger up ... same exact meaning ... I'm hoping by now the FBA has heard and seen plenty of disgraceful courtroom behavior from both of them in court, in session ...

In light of the ruling, they should have been more discreet about their celebration and words and not had their usual "in you face" attitude ...
CM came into this to fight the courts and the laws and has won ...you would think he'd be happy ... but NO

No one on the defense team seems to care about public outrage or inciting more protests, etc. ... they should be keeping a low profile and letting things die down, but nope, instead they're making matters worse

IMO, the big celebration was about the win ... not that they are so fond of KC or believe she's innocent and has been vindicative ...
That's not what I saw ... I saw arrogance and them putting one over on the system ... fighting a losing battle and winning ...
This celebration was about egos, winning and anticipation of celebrity futures they all so want ... PERIOD

AND IT'S DISGUSTING AND CLASSLESS ...

Are you aware that CM, JA and the Judge all play golf together? Are you aware that they are friends? I think everyone's emotions are high and we are looking for anything to disgrace the JB and CM. Sad really.

Isn't it sad that in all this celebrating, posturing, talk about the trial, etc, etc. that IF CA is really not guilty, NO one 'her' side is screaming and hollering, or pitching a fit, or demanding or begging and pleading for a 'real' murderer to be found.

I know, I know, but you would think 'they' would want to seek the truth:(

Isn't it sad that in all this celebrating, posturing, talk about the trial, etc, etc. that IF CA is really not guilty, NO one 'her' side is screaming and hollering, or pitching a fit, or demanding or begging and pleading for a 'real' murderer to be found.

I know, I know, but you would think 'they' would want to seek the truth:(
In his victory speech the other day, Jose Baez said that Caylee "has passed on", as if she died of natural causes or something.

I think it's strange that no one on the defense team seems at all concerned with releasing a woman who (according to them) has all kinds of imaginary friends, lies pathologically, and is deeply, deeply affected by past sexual abuse. They were hoping she would just walk out of jail today, as if she's suddenly "all better now"!

My hope is that this picture of Cheney Mason, linked to on Drudge and elsewhere, will become embedded in the minds of people everywhere. I hope it follows him into every courtroom from now on...so that, professionally, it is an albatross around his neck.

People reveal themselves in just such moments as this. The week before Mason was hauling Casey into psych evaluations...but, on that day, he was exulting that this severely troubled woman had escaped justice.

Decent people have control mechanisms. If you are visiting a devastated widow and get a text that you've gotten a promotion at work, one does not dance for your personal joy in the presence of her grief. If your friend is confiding to you her terror because she lost her job, one does not whoop it up that you've had a financial windfall. No one does this...no one who is not totally devoid of decency does, anyway.

But Cheney Mason did.

Cheney Mason "exposed" himself to not just the American public (thank you, Drudge) , but internationally. I saw the photo in the British press.

Now the whole world knows everything we need to know abouy the lack opf character and the total self absorption of this man. Since Caylee will not haunt any of this crowd, not even her Mother, I hope this vile picture haunts Mason professionally forevermore.

My hope is that this picture of Cheney Mason, linked to on Drudge and elsewhere, will become embedded in the minds of people everywhere. I hope it follows him into every courtroom from now on...so that, professionally, it is an albatross around his neck.

People reveal themselves in just such moments as this. The week before Mason was hauling Casey into psych evaluations...but, on that day, he was exulting that this severely troubled woman had escaped justice.

Decent people have control mechanisms. If you are visiting a devastated widow and get a text that you've gotten a promotion at work, one does not dance for your personal joy in the presence of her grief. If your friend is confiding to you her terror because she lost her job, one does not whoop it up that you've had a financial windfall. No one does this...no one who is not totally devoid of decency does, anyway.

But Cheney Mason did.

Cheney Mason "exposed" himself to not just the American public (thank you, Drudge) , but internationally. I saw the photo in the British press.

Now the whole world knows everything we need to know abouy the lack opf character and the total self absorption of this man. Since Caylee will not haunt any of this crowd, not even her Mother, I hope this vile picture haunts Mason professionally forevermore.

He will retire hopefully. He is well past his 'sell by' date. The only parts of the trial he could participate in was when he was reading from prepared materials, there's no way he could debate, he is addled..

I don't know if this is the right place for this or not and/or whether it's been previously mentioned, but did anyone notice DCS' facials and body language as CM was lecturing the media after the verdict? Starts at 2:20 in the following clip:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/07/07/exp.ac.kth.anthony.cheney.mason.cnn?hpt=hp_t2

LOL: I think the body language pretty much says what CM did through the restaurant window. What amazes me is they go right to those talk shows and used the media for their own personal gains. The only respectful attorney on their team was AF.

Also I think RB (the mitigation lady whose husband is in jail) may be taking KC home with her if KC does not go home with CA as we all saw her standing in the doorway of the courtroom after KC was sentenced. jmo

People with "virtual mugs" are not Attorneys. Huge difference.
The State certainly would have celebrated, in private, without the use of the "middle finger of affection".

All speculation considering it didn't happen so no one is to say for sure. I dont think Ashton would have been partying, but he was out of there and on a jet within a matter of hours.

All speculation considering it didn't happen so no one is to say for sure. I dont think Ashton would have been partying, but he was out of there and on a jet within a matter of hours.

And how is that disrespectful?

Oh, I worked for attorneys, too. But any celebrating was done at the office and none of my attorneys were ever, ever accused to giving the other side the finger. Too much class, I guess. That would be the difference. Not all defense attorneys act this way. A couple of glass of bubbly, back to the office and get to work. No worky, no money. I think that might have been printed over the doorway.

And I don't believe CM's excuse because what if there had been a small child walking by with their mother at that moment. Just a bad decision on his part. One of many he has made. Also giving SA the finger in court was a no-no. BS saw it and my guess other's did as well. jmo

BMB
Oh geez
After hearing CM speak about the person heckling the ladies on the DT about their menses, I had actually come to post that maybe that guy deserved getting decked instead of the finger.
Now am I reading correctly that CM gave JA the finger in open court ?

Gosh, this trial is sounding more and more like the WWE than a court of law.

BMB
Oh geez
After hearing CM speak about the person heckling the ladies on the DT about their menses, I had actually come to post that maybe that guy deserved getting decked instead of the finger.

I don't know about in open court, but on sentencing day, Jane Velez Mitchell was trying to get a quote from Mason as he entered court, and some skinny guy who looked like the guy who was fighting with the security guard outside the restaurant during the party was shouting something to the effect that 'Hey, Cheney, got a finger for me today?" Mason then called the guy an a-h. (It was blipped, of course.) Jane chastised Mason.

Anyone else see that clip?

BMB
Oh geez

No it was a spectator who gave JA the finger in court...

I don't know about in open court, but on sentencing day, Jane Velez Mitchell was trying to get a quote from Mason as he entered court, and some skinny guy who looked like the guy who was fighting with the security guard outside the restaurant during the party was shouting something to the effect that 'Hey, Cheney, got a finger for me today?" Mason then called the guy an a-h. (It was blipped, of course.) Jane chastised Mason.

Anyone else see that clip?

I saw that too. I never understood why he was ever described as southern gentleman. From the time he joined the DT he has shown exactly the type person he is, and it isn't a gentleman. JMO

No it was a spectator who gave JA the finger in court...

If you look at post #327 the poster is referring to CM doing this to JA in open court. He/she is not referencing "bird boy's" actions. From the way I understand it-two separate incidents.

ETA : after re-reading post there is no link or evidence to back up that claim so I am not sure it really happened.
My apologies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89
Back