Defense What is their strategy? #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the jury doesn't believe the forensics....a juror will have to reconcile the following:

1. Mother doesn't report her child missing for 31 days
2. Mother parties while child is missing
3. Mother steals from many individuals and to what knowledge we've gained, nothing was purchased for said missing child, and she certainly wasn't using said money to search for said missing child
4. Abandons smelly car
5. Strange searches on computer
6. Lies about job, friends, NANNY, life, parents, schooling, and on and on and on...even in the face of contradictory evidence. (i.e investigators taking her to Universal)
7. Says child was taken by a nanny. A nanny NO ONE (not the grandmother, grandfather, uncle, numerous ex-boyfriends, friends, relatives, school mates) have ever seen. EVER. There is no phone number for nanny, and all of the references to do with nanny have been proven to be interwoven in other lies. (i.e. RM across the street from "Gloria", etc.)

This will be her undoing, because I don't care who is on the jury...taken one lie at a time, no jury will be able to take it all and say "I still don't think she did it." It starts with the 31 days...that is the HARDEST to reconcile. This mother is not worried about her baby. No tears, no pleas, nothing. That is bad enough. Then just keep adding it on.

To be honest, I really don't even think they need the forensics.

And the list could go on and on...

8. Body just happened to be in the same exact brand of hamper the As owned (what are the chances...there are a gazillion hampers on the market)
9. Body was in the same type of trash bag that was in the A home close to the time of the murder
10 Body was close to home (statistically that's where mothers dump their murdered childr). It also happened to be the same area where she and her friend buried pets
11 Same brand of duct tape found in the home
12 Casey had a thing for hearts and the there was one on the duct tape.

etc. etc.

A defense team can try and reason away all these points but it is well beyond any reasonable doubt anyone did this but Casey when you look at the big picture.

This is exactly why I hope the prosecution follows the philosophy 'keep it simple stupid'. Forensics is great but they don't need an ounce of forensic evidence to convict her of first degree murder IMO.

Jose can bring in all the double talking experts he can afford to try and confuse the jury but I don't think it's going to work this time.

What I still want to know is what possible scenario could KC have told Lee, George and Cindy that is plausible enough for them to believe KC is innocent?

I have tried to think of some explanation that could work and I can't. I am more baffled by this then anything else in this case. There has to be more here than denial.

The Anthony's must have some shred of a possibility, some tangible something that convinces them that she is innocent.

My conclusion is that they must believe it was an accident, and that they forgive Casey for both trying to cover up the accident and for weaving this tangeled web of lies.

I honestly don't think Casey has a chance of being acquitted.

The prosecution has a parade of witnesses and a mountain of physical, forensic & circumstantial evidence lined up against her.

All Jose has to offer for is............." Casey said the Nanny did it"

I look forward to watching Jose bumble his way through this trial as he tries to feed this ridiculous defense to the Jury.

I honestly don't think Casey has a chance of being acquitted.

The prosecution has a parade of witnesses and a mountain of physical, forensic & circumstantial evidence lined up against her.

All Jose has to offer for is............." Casey said the Nanny did it"

I look forward to watching Jose bumble his way through this trial as he tries to feed this ridiculous defense to the Jury.

He will be worse and funnier than "my cousin vinny." I've been calling him my cousin Jose...LOL! it's going to be hilarious!

He will be worse and funnier than "my cousin vinny." I've been calling him my cousin Jose...LOL! it's going to be hilarious!
I would agree with you......except I keep coming back to: Caylee is dead. Casey took her life & I can only feel sadness.

The only thing that comes to my mind of where the defense is going is "Casey" and "Zenaida" are sharing the same body. I know it sounds crazy. I know everyone believes it won't fly, but I see this as the only defense...otherwise; there is none.

Disputing all the forensics will confuse the jury but the jury will not get past her behavior in the 31 days. They must explain her behavior to defend her.

The only thing that comes to my mind of where the defense is going is "Casey" and "Zenaida" are sharing the same body. I know it sounds crazy. I know everyone believes it won't fly, but I see this as the only defense...otherwise; there is none.

Disputing all the forensics will confuse the jury but the jury will not get past her behavior in the 31 days. They must explain her behavior to defend her.
I think who ever turns up in court in the "KC body" on sentencing day will get LWOP.

If there are two people in there then they will both do life?

Lets hope they drive each other nuts!

I wish I had some smilies for ya, Hercule....you quack me up!

I have lost my buttons....lol

What I still want to know is what possible scenario could KC have told Lee, George and Cindy that is plausible enough for them to believe KC is innocent?

..there is no such possible scenario

I have tried to think of some explanation that could work and I can't. I am more baffled by this then anything else in this case. There has to be more here than denial.

..i can only think that they are in "denial"........or just plain "in cover-up mode"

The Anthony's must have some shred of a possibility, some tangible something that convinces them that she is innocent.

..i disagree--they have simply come together as a family ( on camera anyway ) to do the only thing they now can ( with caylee dead ) , help with (?) ( at least pretend to help with ) kc's defense

My conclusion is that they must believe it was an accident, and that they forgive Casey for both trying to cover up the accident and for weaving this tangeled web of lies.

..i doubt that any of them believe it was accidental--------or that any of them forgive her ------( they may ACT like so , on camera ) but i believe each of them has their own agenda.

If I was a juror on this trial and they tried to say the killer is still out there it would leave me to question the fact that the evidence shows there was no Zenida so its going to be hard to sell that one. Because the first assumption I would have would be if that person is out there how come each time the cops tried to find them they came up with nothing.

The only way this can work is if they get 12 jurors who have had bad experiences with LE, i.e. falsely accused of crimes they did not commit, etc, so they believe that most cops are inept, stupid, closed-minded, etc, bumbling buffoons. I'm a white woman with a clean record and I have seen enough of "police work" to be unimpressed. The dink cop who blew off RK at the dump site is a prime example. If a cop can't find a dead body when somebody stands there and practically points to it, how can they find a live ZFG who kidnapped the baby and moves around a lot trying not to be found? Not trying to be argumentive, but "having the cops come up with nothing" isn't really a post facto argument that there WAS nothing. However, add on the lack of phone #, nobody else ever saw Zanni, the A's never got up from their laptops long enough to search for Zanni, etc., and it's cumulative evidence that there probably is no ZFG. Oh, yeah, and the 10 thousand lies KC told, too... the evidence is overwhelming. I just hope the SA doesn't blow it... JB isn't good enough, and doesn't have any case, to WIN. But SA can blow it and lose.

IMO, these folks engage in a unique combination of naivite and denial that
makes them incapable of recognizing what is quite clear to rest of the population.

It enables a woman with a degree in nursing to ignore and deny that her daughter is obviously very, very pregnant.

It enables a former homicide cop to fall for an e-mail money scam.

Given those earlier forays into absurdity, it's not hard to believe that they buy Casey's ridiculous story hook, line and sinker.

The only way this can work is if they get 12 jurors who have had bad experiences with LE, i.e. falsely accused of crimes they did not commit, etc, so they believe that most cops are inept, stupid, closed-minded, etc, bumbling buffoons. I'm a white woman with a clean record and I have seen enough of "police work" to be unimpressed. The dink cop who blew off RK at the dump site is a prime example. If a cop can't find a dead body when somebody stands there and practically points to it, how can they find a live ZFG who kidnapped the baby and moves around a lot trying not to be found? Not trying to be argumentive, but "having the cops come up with nothing" isn't really a post facto argument that there WAS nothing. However, add on the lack of phone #, nobody else ever saw Zanni, the A's never got up from their laptops long enough to search for Zanni, etc., and it's cumulative evidence that there probably is no ZFG. Oh, yeah, and the 10 thousand lies KC told, too... the evidence is overwhelming. I just hope the SA doesn't blow it... JB isn't good enough, and doesn't have any case, to WIN. But SA can blow it and lose.
But even if you had jurors who believed, from prior experience, that LE is made up of a bunch of "bumbling buffoons", those same jurors would have to believe that the FBI, FDLE and The Oakridge Lab were equally inept. And then as you point out there are all the lies to be excused, I don't see one juror coming up with reasonable doubt in this case. The state really has a mountain of evidence in it's corner on this one, I have never seen so much evidence and unlike the lone eye witness, if you discount one piece of evidence, in this case, there's tons more to take it's place.

:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

I don't believe it's that they think KC is innocent.

I believe it's that George, Cindy and Lee think they, themselves, are guilty with her.

Nothing bonds a family like a guilty conscience! ;)

I believe it's that George, Cindy and Lee think they, themselves, are guilty with her.

I think you are on to something there, Scratch.

What is that old saying; 'If we don't hang together we'll all hang seperately.'

I still think there are some deep, dark secrets in this family that we haven't heard yet.

And the list could go on and on...

8. Body just happened to be in the same exact brand of hamper the As owned (what are the chances...there are a gazillion hampers on the market)
9. Body was in the same type of trash bag that was in the A home close to the time of the murder
10 Body was close to home (statistically that's where mothers dump their murdered childr). It also happened to be the same area where she and her friend buried pets
11 Same brand of duct tape found in the home
12 Casey had a thing for hearts and the there was one on the duct tape.

etc. etc.

A defense team can try and reason away all these points but it is well beyond any reasonable doubt anyone did this but Casey when you look at the big picture.

This is exactly why I hope the prosecution follows the philosophy 'keep it simple stupid'. Forensics is great but they don't need an ounce of forensic evidence to convict her of first degree murder IMO.

Jose can bring in all the double talking experts he can afford to try and confuse the jury but I don't think it's going to work this time.

You know, Jon, your post made me think. This is JMO, of course, but I don't think there's any chance that JB will use the "Nanny Did It" defense, because I don't see how he could without putting KC on the stand since she is the ONLY one who can attest to the supposed existance of her. And I think we can agree that it would be in their best interest NOT to put KC on the stand. (although I'd LOVE to see it) So, many people are speculating that JB will have to attack the forensics in order to sway a jury, having really nothing else but KC and all of her lies to use as a defense. This is clearly a chief reason that he has brought in LKB and HL and some of the others to help in knocking down any forensics that the SA may use at trial. Now, wouldn't it be great if they had enough "other" evidence that they could really limit the forensics to a minimum? Of course, any fingerprint or DNA evidence would be great, because I don't think there is any way they can blow holes in that enough to sway a juror. But, if they could keep the "science" down to a bare minimum and stick to hard, cold facts that anyone can understand, they would practically block JB from having any defense at all and he would have to deal with the facts and not be able to put up too much of a smoke screen. I'd love to see that!

I totally understand what you're saying and I don't think you're being argumentative.

You're making some good points but I think the prosecution can come back to prove that although the information Casey provided did not lead to Zani, they also checked phone AND email records and there is STILL no record of this 'nanny'. So even if a juror wanted to believe that cops aren't smart enough to figure it out, how does one explain a person who has a nanny but yet has NO telephone number for the nanny, NO record of calls from the nanny, NO people that have ever SEEN the nanny, etc. I agree in hoping that the prosecution doesn't blow it a la OJ Simpson.

I do believe though that reasonable doubt CAN be created for this case but will it be enough to get her acquitted? Nope. I just think the chips are stacked WAY against Casey but I think that her defense team thinks they can just pick away at the police work like you mentioned. One problem with that is there is a difference between the cops that work the streets versus a detective. At EVERY turn the detectives busted all of Casey 'stories'.

I hope all of Casey's lies lead to her conviction but I still feel like there is something missing. There is something else here and we won't know about until trial that will change the game. And when I say change the game, change what we feel right now about Casey and how Caylee was murdered. People might be angry now but I think once more details are revealed most will be more shocked and horrified at the details it will be unbelievable that anyone that knows Casey is still in her corner. I don't have any hard evidence to back that up but I think its more to this.

Still, it is very telling and in my opinion, a mistake, that he chooses the word innocent ... after all she was also criminally indicted for the charge of providing false information to a law enforcement officer ... saying categorically she"innocent" to me means that he posits she is innocent of all charges. "Not guilty", on the other had means a very different thing ... it means that he could mitigate her circumstances per the law and relieve her from any criminal wrong doing.

I agree ! Some people are not IN denial, the name of their game is Deny, Deny, Deny, no matter what. They can go throughout their lives admitting to nothing. They live in a very strange world, which they think is perfect.
They also think everyone else is buying their nonsense. They are merely a cancer on the a$$ of society.

Thanks all for responding, and I think you make a really good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01