Defense What is their strategy? #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Color me not impressed as well, although she beats the pants of Jose. I think she's a blow-hard, in-your-face type, but I'm not really sure how that's going to help this particular client. KC's unsympathetic off the charts. The more the story hears her story, the more they will dislike her. Jose doesn't scan as likeable or competent. Seems like LB just risks bringing more dislikeability and potential annoyance for the jury. Not good to have so many bassasses, imo. They need someone they jury might actually be able to stomach for the long-haul this trial will almost certainly be.

So true! The orginal "dream team" were all charismatic and well-spoken well trained professional attorneys. So was Mike Geragos and even Roy Black way...back.

I know. I didn't watch any of that trial, and honestly didn't keep much up on it, so, seeing LB in action the other day was kind of shocking.

I will say one thing about LB. No matter how good she is, KC, her lies, CA and GA's statements, JB's actions and comments, and add in on that all of the footwork of LE chasing down the lies, and how they chased down the "friends", all of the text messages, computer searchers, KC's stealing, and forgery even from her Grandparents in a nursing home, she has an unwinable case, unless the State/DA screws it up.

I will say one thing about LB. No matter how good she is, KC, her lies, CA and GA's statements, JB's actions and comments, and add in on that all of the footwork of LE chasing down the lies, and how they chased down the "friends", all of the text messages, computer searchers, KC's stealing, and forgery even from her Grandparents in a nursing home, she has an unwinable case, unless the State/DA screws it up.

yes, I don't think she is the right attorney either. If they want to win the jury over, they need a young sweet looking female attorney that's emotional and charismatic. LB may be good but she does not have the right look.

Dont be fooled....Baez may be lead attorney but he certainly does not, or should I say will not be "running the show". Whomever has got the $$$$ will be running the show. All this talk about "pro bono" is a load of crap. Lawyers dont do things for free, out of the kindness of their heart, and in reality how many people do? (snipped)

Most firms require lawyers to do pro bono work. It builds experience, allows opportunities for networking, and builds community relations.

In reality, a bunch of people do work free out of the kindness of their heart, like the thousands people who searched for Caylee.

If you are using a Firefox web browser, that was made for free by computer experts in the open source community, like a ton of other software. Every guest speaker who talks to classes for free, every artist who creates work for charity, every professional who donates time and service works pro bono. I can assure you my husband, siblings, parents and I have donated our time and professional services and we are grateful for the opportunity to help, and my children will do the same.

Most firms require lawyers to do pro bono work. It builds experience, allows opportunities for networking, and builds community relations.

In reality, a bunch of people do work free out of the kindness of their heart, like the thousands people who searched for Caylee.

If you are using a Firefox web browser, that was made for free by computer experts in the open source community, like a ton of other software. Every guest speaker who talks to classes for free, every artist who creates work for charity, every professional who donates time and service works pro bono. I can assure you my husband, siblings, parents and I have donated our time and professional services and we are grateful for the opportunity to help, and my children will do the same.

hopefully you didn't choose to donate your services to someone like KC. I'm thinking attorney's will pick pro bono for someone they believe to be innocent or worth defending. just my thoughts, of course.

hopefully you didn't choose to donate your services to someone like KC. I'm thinking attorney's will pick pro bono for someone they believe to be innocent or worth defending. just my thoughts, of course.

I just read that story about "we don't know half of it".
If the defense team is going to use the "some other dude did it" defense and blame it on Zannie and her kidnapping sister, who managed to kidnap little Caylee, hold KC at bay, and still do it with two other children there(that is amazing if you think of it). They had better produce Zannie, or someone else who saw her, talked to her, and touched her. The jury at this time will want to see Zannie because the defense team has had 6 months to have an excellent private detective find traces of this woman. Her NY license that KC kept talking about. They have to convince that guy who used to work with KC but did not know her, that he had Zannie babysit for him and let KC drop little Caylee off with his babysitter Zannie. He just forgot all about it, and that he is a really great friend with KC.
If they are crazy enough to use that defense, instead of KC is loony as a toony defense, all the lies KC has told will blow that up, and their lack of Zannie will kill it too. Of course KC is loony as a toony, but she does know right from wrong, which means she is responsible for her actions. Still that is a better defense.
Oh yes, one other thing, since KC has no one left to protect except the murders of her precious child, now is the time to tell the police everything so they can pick these kidnappers, killers up. There is nothing stopping her now from telling the truth.

Earlier on there seemed to be talk of a Brothel that Casey was involved in and it was supposedly posted on her my face as "Brotha" I am still very curious if that is how Casey got her money? and if that is where the baby sitting was done; because if that is where she left Caylee even for one night I imagine she would be afraid to tell anybody about that.
I still believe that Casey harmed Caylee. BUT if there is one area that AS her attorney said
"we still do not know the 1/2 of it and we will find out at trial".

I think they will get much further with an insanity plea, No sane Mom kills her kid.

Umm..I was referring to the Lawyers in this case, in this situation. But thanks for the humanity lesson.

My most recent volunteer activity was editing a grant application for a homeless program, because grant writing is highly technical. Some of the people at the shelter are mentally ill, many have substance problems, and a huge percentage have been incarcerated.

I have no idea how people can measure which people are "worth" helping. I know that KC's actions are repulsive and horrible, but I am a Christian, and my faith requires me to believe that there is always hope for everyone, even KC.

Really, Linda Baden was quite unimpressive during the televised motion hearing the other day.

Totally agree and I posted previously that there will be a slew of the usual suspects sitting at the defense table. There probably won't be enough chairs for JB so he'll be in the front row audience. LB may be at the table but won't be cross examining witnesses. We have yet to see the real hotshots of the event. They're all waiting for the new trial date and checking if it conflicts with their Cabo trip.

Dont be fooled....Baez may be lead attorney but he certainly does not, or should I say will not be "running the show". Whomever has got the $$$$ will be running the show. All this talk about "pro bono" is a load of crap. Lawyers dont do things for free, out of the kindness of their heart, and in reality how many people do? Wether they get paid on the front end or the back end doesnt matter, but you can bet they WILL get paid.

There are plenty of professionals on this site who donate time to help out everyone else who in reality , has but a different area of expertise.

You don't have to look further than this site to find kindhearted people from all walks of life and a multitude of professional backgrounds

There are plenty of professionals on this site who donate time to help out everyone else who in reality , has but a different area of expertise.

You don't have to look further than this site to find kindhearted people from all walks of life and a multitude of professional backgrounds

Yes, while I agree that there are many kindhearted people willing to donate their expertise, while others that are simply looking for notoreity, furthering their law career by taking this case pro bono.

I actually thought he said something along the lines of "At this point my client maintains her innocence". which is a bit different, however he is a defense attorney - this is his job.

We dont know half of the story!! Well if someone else out there killed this little girl. Shouldnt we be searching for a Murderer..Or shouldnt someone else be in Jail with KC if they took part in the death of this little Girl??

Please tell us!:waitasec:

Well then by all means release KC right now so that she can conduct another investigation on her own!!! I'm sure she's just covering for the real murderer because she's considerate like that.:rolleyes:

Well then by all means release KC right now so that she can conduct another investigation on her own!!! I'm sure she's just covering for the real murderer because she's considerate like that.:rolleyes:

:clap::clap::clap:

Isn't she though? :) People like her make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Oh, wait, that is the alcohol I'm drinking. Sorry.

He better come up with something fast!! He has been very vocal that a mental health defense is not going to happen, (Cindy said the same thing), if she is completely innocent he is ruling out the accident defense, if he sticks to the invisible nanny defense he is hooped....He should really have kept his mouth shut because he is running out of defense options!!!!

I guess his grand scheme of producing this "story" that everyone would be amazed over in court but not before is now gone. Truly a MG moment thwarted! LOL Guess he will now have to depend on his "experts" to carry the day in court (which will never happen either).

It was certainly interesting about the discussion of who is paying for all this!! My vote there is still Geraldo or associates of Geraldo's show in some way. Someone is doing it and it is NOT because they feel Casey is innocent...it is for money in the long run. This is what we need to figure out!! WHO is paying for all of this and WHY?!
Maybe Kaylees' biological father is very very rich, and that's where Caseys' money came from, that's why she didn't have to work, and maybe to keep Casey quiet about who the father is, because maybe he's someone in a very high political position, the father of Caylee is paying Caseys' legal fees. I guess we'll have to wait until the trial. However it turns out this sure has the makings of a mystery novel.

Right, since she did such a bang up job on her first investigation attempt:bang:

Maybe Kaylees' biological father is very very rich, and that's where Caseys' money came from, that's why she didn't have to work, and maybe to keep Casey quiet about who the father is, because maybe he's someone in a very high political position, the father of Caylee is paying Caseys' legal fees. I guess we'll have to wait until the trial. However it turns out this sure has the makings of a mystery novel.

Nah doubt it..she had to steal from her elderly grandma, her mother, her brother and her best friend...:eek:

I doubt any man in a very high political position would want to be associated with the likes of Casey.
If the guy did have money Casey would have bled him dry by now. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member