Defense What is their strategy? #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez is crazy. He should just stick to defending his client and shut the hell up. She is so not innocent that it reeks. What kind of defense does he need to research to help his poor, guilty client at least get life and not the death penalty. What a stupid idiot. I am losing faith in our justice system.

I hope I'm putting this in the right place.

The one major thing I have never understood about this case is the "KC is innocent" and the "everything will come out in the trial" statements. I can understand that some people are monsters and can and do harm their children. I can understand that the forensic evidence in this case only points toward one person as the perpetrator of this crime. I get that it is JB's job to defend his client to the best of his ability guilty or not. I get all that, really I do.

The one thing that I can't get my head around, maybe there is something wrong with me, is that if I knew that my client was innocent and I could prove it I would never let her sit rotting in a jail. What kind of a lawyer lets their client sit there in a jail cell instead of giving up the information that would set his client free to attend the funeral of her daughter? What kind of lawyer would advise his client to not give LE all the info she had so she could be set free? I don't mean to bash JB but does he realize how ridiculous and how incompetent he sounds when he makes these statements?

For the life of me I just can't get it.

IMO He knows she is guilty and he is stringing her along.He has been Playing her ,he should have taken a plea.He did not He has her convinced he is going to save her in the meantime he is cashing in on the picture rights and God only knows what else.When she is found guilty she will be shocked. She is young and stupid and thinks she is playing him,after the trial he will be living large thanks to KC.She will be rotting in a cell.JMO

The Petersons went about saying almost exactly the same thing, i.e. "you haven't heard everything. Scott is innocent. It will all come out in the trial."

The trial came. The defense portion started. Day one, the Petersons, guffawed, smirked and arm punched one another as Geragos started his show. It was all downhill after that, right down to Janey blubbering over "fuzzy slippers." No startling evidence of innocence ever "came out."

I'm betting on deja vu all over again when the Casey court shindig starts. And Casey is so damn smart she is too stupid to realize she is nothing but a cash cow being milked.

The Petersons went about saying almost exactly the same thing, i.e. "you haven't heard everything. Scott is innocent. It will all come out in the trial."

The trial came. The defense portion started. Day one, the Petersons, guffawed, smirked and arm punched one another as Geragos started his show. It was all downhill after that, right down to Janey blubbering over "fuzzy slippers." No startling evidence of innocence ever "came out."

I'm betting on deja vu all over again when the Casey court shindig starts. And Casey is so damn smart she is too stupid to realize she is nothing but a cash cow being milked.

HAHA!! You are so right! You have given me hope! I forgot about Gragos and all his bluster! Thank you.

IMO He knows she is guilty and he is stringing her along.He has been Playing her ,he should have taken a plea.He did not He has her convinced he is going to save her in the meantime he is cashing in on the picture rights and God only knows what else.When she is found guilty she will be shocked. She is young and stupid and thinks she is playing him,after the trial he will be living large thanks to KC.She will be rotting in a cell.JMO

I agree with you 100%.

Dont be fooled....Baez may be lead attorney but he certainly does not, or should I say will not be "running the show". Whomever has got the $$$$ will be running the show. All this talk about "pro bono" is a load of crap. Lawyers dont do things for free, out of the kindness of their heart, and in reality how many people do? Wether they get paid on the front end or the back end doesnt matter, but you can bet they WILL get paid.

Defense attorneys are supposed to do a pro bono case every so often especially if they are in a firm and not a one person office. But most of them don't take a case that will probably lag on for a year or more before it goes to trial and if the trial will be a long one. It's hard for them to take other cases when they are involved in a huge case like this one. So I agree, no one working this case is doing it pro bons. I would guess that Henry Lee charges at the least $1,000 a day. He is very expensive and he isn't their only foresic expert. In my opinion Henry Lee isn't worth $10.00 a day now. I would also like to know who is financing this outfit and it isn't some relative in some other state either.

That's what I've been posting over and over, but have had no replies:

IF they think she's innocent, WHY aren't they out searching for the KILLER?

It's truly crazy, because I would think the defense team WOULD be looking for the true murderer, for one thing, to make them LOOK like they're sincere, and for another ... if they TRULY believe there IS somebody else responsible. I don't get it. :confused:

Also, I just don't understand G&C not being with KC IF they think she's innocent too. I mean, who the hell cares if your being taped, if all you want to do is console your daughter? :rolleyes:

I have asked the same question over and over with no replies. I'm with you, if the defense thinks Casey is innocent why aren't they looking for the killer.
No one in Casey's family even mentions the fact that they believe there is a killer of their granddaughter still out there who has to be found...why not? No one seems concerned. If I really in my heart believed that my daughter was innocent I would be screaming from the top of my lungs to find the killer of my granddaughter. It's really hard to understand. Even Casey ignores the real killer now.

I always thought that the MC should have been ready to run with a few experts on the type of leather that was used in the gloves as well as a representative from the manufacturer explaining exactly how the shrinkage occurred once they became wet and then dried and then an example of the type of gloves in the same size.

I imagine the leather did shrink due to moisture but have you ever tried to put a pair of leather gloves on OVER a pair of vinyl gloves like OJ had on? There is no way they will slide over the vinyl. I tried it at home and got the leather over the vinyl about like OJ did. They should have had a new pair of the same leather gloves for OJ to try on without the vinyl gloves under them and they would have made a perfect fit.

Henry Lee didn't help with his lying about the blood evidence. That blood on the gate...in his bronco..and on the sock in his room belonged to Nicole and Ron. I guess the jury believed ole Henry's lies.

The Prosecution was horrible in that case too. I heard on a program the other night that Marsha Clark wasn't supposed to be the lead Pros but the person that was supposed to do it got sick and couldn't do it. She was pretty much thrown in at the last minute. Pretty unfair.

ShockCity Blockbuster!!!!
A defense attorney says
client is innocent!!!!!
Whatever.gif

JB and Co. stated that they are going forward with the SODDI defense. It seems inconceivable to me that this defense could ever overcome the evidence that we know about from the awesome sleuthing done here by some very talented crime solvers and the evidence we have from the document dumps. Let's see if we can dissolve any SODDI defense here. I'll start with the death band hair (DBH) and the human decomp event (HDE) in KC's car trunk.

The DBH proves that the deceased was in the trunk and the HDE is consistent with 2.6 days of decomp. How does a SODDI fit here?

The SODDI defense would require that the perp: 1) had access to KC's vehicle and able to get into the trunk without KC's knowledge, 2) was able to track down KC's vehicle although very few people knew her whereabouts; 3) was able to find the car again to retrieve the body; 3) had access to Caylee's blankie and toy horse; 4) had duck tape, a heart sticker, a garbage bag and a laundry bag which are all alleged to come straight out of the A home; 4) know that KC was familiar with the pet cemetery area of the swampy woods and that she lived a mere 15 houses away.

AND, as another poster so eloquently stated, the perp had roughly 1 hour and 45 minutes to take Caylee from KC on June 16th between 2:30 and 4:18pm, while KC was downloading images or video on the A house computer.

Can anyone propose a reasonable SODDI theory that covers any of these facts?

Here is my attempt:

KC got accosted by a bad dude or dudette and was threatened at gunpoint and forced to hand over Caylee as insurance that KC would do the dude or dudettes bidding. (I am sure they can weave some story about what she was being forced to do and why she was accosted). KC agrees to do whatever it was he/she wanted in order to save Caylee. Being a loving mother, KC made sure Caylee had some of her favorite toys.

They made KC duck tape Caylee's mouth (add this only if her fingerprints are found on the tape) so KC lovingly put on a heart shaped sticker over the tape, so that Caylee would be less scared. At some point, Caylee died.

At gun point, they forced KC to put Caylee in the trunk etc etc etc. I am sure the defense team could come up with other details that would fit with the evidence. As a witness to the murder of her little girl, KC was threated that her family would be next if she told.

Fearful that they would now go after the rest of her family, KC remained silent. Her partying was a desperate attempt for KC to convince the bad dude or dudette that she had remained silent as well as a way to deal with and dull her sadness and pain. When Cindy blew the whistle, Casey came up with the various nanny scenarios so that the bad dude/dudette would not hurt her family. Unfortunately, her lies about Zanny made her the prime suspect. The bad dude or dudette have since disappeared off the face of the earth. KC did not know the name of this bad dude/dudette and he/she wore masks. the defense has been following up all leads to find the masked man and strongly believe that the dude/dudette will be found! Regarding the timeline, the original accosting of KC by the maked dude/dudette could have occured June 15 earlier in the day when Caylee was at her great grandfathers. The acutal handover happened the following day

Ok thats my first go - any one want to add or embelish? Please feel free to adjust to better fit the facts....

You are so right on- Didn't JB try to get out of this case back at the end of July and was not permitted to do so?

He is only in it for himself- he could give a care less about KC- a little attention and she's eating right out of his hand- GA was right not to like him--
This is my personal opinion-

Here is my attempt:

KC got accosted by a bad dude or dudette and was threatened at gunpoint and forced to hand over Caylee as insurance that KC would do the dude or dudettes bidding. (I am sure they can weave some story about what she was being forced to do and why she was accosted). KC agrees to do whatever it was he/she wanted in order to save Caylee. Being a loving mother, KC made sure Caylee had some of her favorite toys.

They made KC duck tape Caylee's mouth (add this only if her fingerprints are found on the tape) so KC lovingly put on a heart shaped sticker over the tape, so that Caylee would be less scared. At some point, Caylee died.

At gun point, they forced KC to put Caylee in the trunk etc etc etc. I am sure the defense team could come up with other details that would fit with the evidence. As a witness to the murder of her little girl, KC was threated that her family would be next if she told.

Fearful that they would now go after the rest of her family, KC remained silent. Her partying was a desperate attempt for KC to convince the bad dude or dudette that she had remained silent as well as a way to deal with and dull her sadness and pain. When Cindy blew the whistle, Casey came up with the various nanny scenarios so that the bad dude/dudette would not hurt her family. Unfortunately, her lies about Zanny made her the prime suspect. The bad dude or dudette have since disappeared off the face of the earth. KC did not know the name of this bad dude/dudette and he/she wore masks. the defense has been following up all leads to find the masked man and strongly believe that the dude/dudette will be found! Regarding the timeline, the original accosting of KC by the maked dude/dudette could have occured June 15 earlier in the day when Caylee was at her great grandfathers. The acutal handover happened the following day

Ok thats my first go - any one want to add or embelish? Please feel free to adjust to better fit the facts....

Don't forget, the bad dude or dudette only had one arm!:croc:

I think he's dragging this out, not to prove KC innocent, not to protect her rights, but to garner as much public recognition for himself as possible for future use. jmo

This case is the best thing that has happened to Baez - I'm sure he feels he won a lottery, of sorts. But under all the media blitz, circus antics, and smoke and mirrors is the death of a child. Baez is so enjoying this - I've watched as he struts into court like the fox in a hen house. He will go on in his so-called career yet Caylee will remain dead. I watch KC flirt with and smile at Baez and that infurtiates me. Has he set any emotional/physical distance between himself and KC?

This is my opinion as well. KC thinks she and JB are best buds. ~Not~

You are so right on- Didn't JB try to get out of this case back at the end of July and was not permitted to do so?

He is only in it for himself- he could give a care less about KC- a little attention and she's eating right out of his hand- GA was right not to like him--
This is my personal opinion-
My personal opinion as well.
Jose Baez is thinking more about his future here than he is Casey's.
If he truely had Casey's best interest in mind, he would have urged her to take "a deal " while there was one on the table. This is a no win for the defense, no matter what the Dream team proclaims on tv each day!
While JB is out sailing the waters on a lovely sunny day and sipping champagne with Geraldo, Casey will be sitting in prison for murder I for the rest of her life.

A defense attorney's obligation is to provide a zealous defense of his client - his personal opinion of his client's guilt or innocence has absolutely zero to do with his defense. He takes his instruction from the client.

I have asked the same question over and over with no replies. I'm with you, if the defense thinks Casey is innocent why aren't they looking for the killer.
No one in Casey's family even mentions the fact that they believe there is a killer of their granddaughter still out there who has to be found...why not? No one seems concerned. If I really in my heart believed that my daughter was innocent I would be screaming from the top of my lungs to find the killer of my granddaughter. It's really hard to understand. Even Casey ignores the real killer now.
I can't understand this either. Of course, before Caylee's remains were found, there didn't seem much outrage or pleading on tv for the kidnapper to please bring Caylee back home safely either. It's like everybody has known from the beginning that Casey is the one responsible even though they're trying to claim otherwise. :mad: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Proslakdbf