Defense Witness List

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Whoa! That list gives addresses that seem to be home addresses for some of the expert witnesses, one in North Carolina and one in Winter Springs, FL that I noticed right off hand. That is so not a good thing considering the crazies that seem to flock to these kinds of cases like flies on honey.

MM - is it possible to redact addresses that do not list a company or a college University, cause I am worried those addresses may be personal rather than business.

I wonder why the Netherlands DNA expert is on the list, considering HHJP denied funds to have him do the touch DNA testing, and it is being done by another lab? Is JB going to get him to testify to results he didn't produce?

Whoa! That list gives addresses that seem to be home addresses for some of the expert witnesses, one in North Carolina and one in Winter Springs, FL that I noticed right off hand. That is so not a good thing considering the crazies that seem to flock to these kinds of cases like flies on honey.

MM - is it possible to redact addresses that do not list a company or a college University, cause I am worried those addresses may be personal rather than business.

This is the way the Witness Lists are officially filed with the Clerk - all address info listed for all witnesses (civilian and Expert witnesses). This is a PUBLIC document, meaning anybody can go to the Clerk's office (or write to them) and request a copy of the Witness Lists that were filed. Nothing will be redacted.

Among those on the list:

•Dr. Henry Lee, the well-known criminalist and forensic pathologist often associated with the O.J. Simpson case. According to his website, Lee is founder and professor of the Forensic Science Program at the University of New Haven. During a 40-year period, Lee assisted with the investigations of some 6,000 cases.

• Dr. Tim Huntington, an assistant professor at Concordia University, Nebraska, and a board-certified entomologist. Forensic entomology applies the study of insects to a legal context to help establish times of death and postmortem movement of bodies.

• Richard Eikelenboom, a renowned Dutch forensic expert who, along with his wife Selma, is a partner at Independent Forensic Services, a Netherlands lab specializing in trace evidence recovery and Touch DNA testing. They are considered pioneers in the field of "Touch DNA." Richard Eikelenboom is a DNA expert who handles blood-pattern analysis.

Other experts listed by the defense are:
Dr. Werner Spitz, from Michigan;
Dr. Kathy Reichs, of North Carolina;
Dr. Jane H. Bock, of the University of Colorado Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Department;
Dr. Scott Fairgrieve, chair of the Department of Forensic Science at Laurentian University in Ontario;
Dr. Kenneth Furton, of University Medical & Forensic Consultants, Inc., in West Palm Beach;
Dr. Barry Logan of National Medical Services, Inc., in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania;
Dr. John Leeson, of Winter Springs;
Dr. William Rodriguez, of Maryland;
Dr. Michael Freeman, forensic epidemiologist;
Michael O'Kelly, an expert witness out of Nebraska.

You know, I really wonder "why"???!
Not a Doctor of any kind in my family would touch this with a ten million foot pole.
:waitasec:
IMO and theirs

Shucks, was Dr. Petraco's name ever on the defense witness list? And, why was it necessary for him to travel to Florida?

Petraco's name was never officially on the Defense Witness List which was filed with the Clerk.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ic-entomology-concordia-university-dream-team
July 12, 2010

Also headed to town this week, he said, is Nicholas Petraco, an associate professor of chemistry and forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City.

10/12/2010 Stipulation Re Exam of Evidence - Petraco
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/57237200/10122010-Stipulation-Re-Exam-of-Evidence---Petraco

excerpt:
The Defendant having expressed a desire to have evidence presently in the possession of the Orange county Sheriffs office examined by Nick Petraco and the State having no objection to such examination the following stipulations are entered into between the parties.
Items are FBI Q12 and Q12.1

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/web_links/071310-Anthony-defense-brings-in-the-all-stars

Expert witnesses for Casey Anthony comb over evidence
July 14, 2010

excerpt:
"Criminalist and hair banding expert Nicholas Petraco and forensic entomologist Dr. Timothy Huntington arrived after lunch. According to Dr. Huntington's website he is one of only 15 experts in the world certified in the use of insects as evidence in legal investigations"

Um, besides Dr. Lee, how many experts were allowed? I got 9 from the court minutes from May 6, 2010.
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/42713671/05062010-Court-Minutes-on-JAC-Budget-Hearing
TY, Muzicman
According to the minutes, and if I am reading it correctly, defense was allowed Forensic Entomologist, Forensic Anthropologist, Forensic Botanist, Forensic Pathologist, DNA Expert, Forensic Chemist, Digital Forensic, Trace Evidence Expert (20 hours).Now, even if as I read it, they are allowed 2 Forensic Chemists, that is still 9 experts, excluding Dr. Lee.
I count in JB's motion 12 experts, excluding Dr. Lee.
Have I missed something, which is most likely...

Originally Posted by Macushla
In defense of Kathy Reichs, she has been writing fiction for a long time and she has a whole bunch of books out as far back as 1997. I think the book 206 Bones had been in the works long before the Casey case came along. If I remember correctly - and yes I do read her books and think they are well written - she puts out one book per year, but I could be wrong.

I was VERY disappointed when I heard that she had joined the defense team as not only do I enjoy her books, but I have seen her interviewed a number of times and was very impressed. Sort of tarnished the enjoyment I get out of her books now. By the way, there is a new one just out - can't remember the name of it though. So I don't think she is taking advantage of any publicity this case garnered, she is just sticking to the schedule she has always had about when books are published.

Agree entirely, and I too was disappointed to see her name on the list two years ago. However, we haven't seen any mention of her actually doing anything since then, so I suspect JB has just left her name on to ride her coattails, and she won't actually take any part in the case.

Technically .... Reichs name was never officially on the Defense Witness List as filed with the Clerk, until yesterday.

It looks like someone did a quick copy and paste from the non-expert witness list from August: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...ds/Amended Defense Witness List-8-30-2010.pdf

You are right! That is what it looks like.
And I would have thought the ENTIRE Defense Witness List would have been filed yesterday, not a limited list of Experts. The opening paragraph says: "....and discloses the following names and addresses of all persons whom the Defendant expects to call as witnesses at the trial or hearing."

You are right! That is what it looks like.
And I would have thought the ENTIRE Defense Witness List would have been filed yesterday, not a limited list of Experts. The opening paragraph says: "....and discloses the following names and addresses of all persons whom the Defendant expects to call as witnesses at the trial or hearing."

Good Gooblygoo!!

Which sort of brings up another question. Money. Are we to assume that all of these witnesses have agreed to work pro bono, and will be flying to Florida at their own expense to testify? Because with the exception of Dr. Lee and Dr. Huntington and most likely Dr. Logan, none of the others have been approved, and none of them are in state resources so would be disallowed under JAC rules unless some truly compelling case could be made for an execption (such as the touch DNA testing and lab certifications). heck, some of these, such as the Eikenblooms have already been specifically disallowed! (I assume Dr. Logan is the one who examined the actual evidence and will testify on their subject instead?)

So the question is, how many of these were signed up/rounded up from LKB's Rolodex of amiable and reliable defense witnesses before the whole show went "ward of the state". Back when there was money and media deals to be had? It's not like any family member or members of the defense could elect to pay these people out of their own pocket, as the JAC would block that and seize any such funds to recompense KC's defense costs.

I can just hear the conversations around the dinner table of the experts homes. "Yeah hun' I'm gonna blow a years worth of the kids college tuition to fly to Florida for a week and defend this child murdering mom because her really slimy and incompetent lawyers want me to do it for free. But don't worry she is really famous. OK you got me there, she's more infamous. Alright she is just about the most hated evil woman in North America. So the publicity might damage me except in the eyes of shady lawyers looking to pay me off to say whatever they want for the most heinous and evil people on the planet. But that can be a viable niche market, so long as I can choke down my morals ethics and bile. Oh? Who got me into this? LKB or AL, but they bailed awhile back when they weren't going to get paid and had to foot the bill themselves. What's that hun? You want me to go what myself?!?!"

:laugh: I watch for and appreciate your posts and your perspective, Faefrost, but I didn't know you could be so funny - this one is particularly good! :bow:

So thanks again!!

:gold_crown:

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but...wait... wut...

The dutch team is listed, but the PA lab who will actually be doing the DNA analyses are not? How exactly can the these folks - who (ostensibly) haven't provided an analysis be listed? Other than confirming or denying the other lab's work ( is that it? Really? Disputing another lab's results based on procedure?) I'm tempted to call this just another sloppy..oopsie, guess I messed up, need another week Judge... motion. Truly, I'm at a bit of a loss.

He even signed it again. The signatures are different. He actually said, "Yep! That looks good! Let me sign this rascal."

I noticed JB's signatures looked different on several docs I looked at. His usual loopy, rounded one is on some and the others have a sharper & completely different appearance to them...looks like someone else signed his name. Is this OK/legal?? :waitasec:

So Dr. Petraco, who is no longer on the witness list wants payment for July travel.

on my Christmas wish list: Baez told Petraco he would be paid, JAC doesn't approve his travel, Petraco sues Baez

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but...wait... wut...

The dutch team is listed, but the PA lab who will actually be doing the DNA analyses are not? How exactly can the these folks - who (ostensibly) haven't provided an analysis be listed? Other than confirming or denying the other lab's work ( is that it? Really? Disputing another lab's results based on procedure?) I'm tempted to call this just another sloppy..oopsie, guess I messed up, need another week Judge... motion. Truly, I'm at a bit of a loss.

I hope this helps. From the witness list filed today and posted upthread, this is the PA Lab testing the shorts and laundry bag, I wonder if the Eikelenbloom's will be allowed to conduct their own tests or observe at the PA Lab:

Dr. Barry Logan of National Medical Services, Inc., in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania;

He even signed it again. The signatures are different. He actually said, "Yep! That looks good! Let me sign this rascal."

The motions filed are a true statement of the state of the defense! The wrong dates, failure to notice all parties, in the motion for hours spelling errors "exhausted caped hours".

A disgrace to the taxpayers and the justice system! :banghead: :furious: :banghead:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back