Deputy Tony Rusciano, Fired For Lying About Sex,

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - but why lie unless he had something to hide. All her friends that were interviewed had nothing to hide.... so far. :crazy:
JMO

He was just new on the job and probably figured if he said that he knew her it would not look good. Certainly was not a smart move to lie!

He was just new on the job and probably figured if he said that he knew her it would not look good. Certainly was not a smart move to lie!

If you read the paper you know that when LE takes apart a computer, they will find almost everything. And I am sure that he was taught a little in his training about obstruction of justice by lying to police.

So was it stupidity? Or did he have something to hide?

What I have read says that he met her around May. But I haven't read anywhere that says when he quit chatting with her.

It says that they did chat about Caylee, but nothing related to the case. But she did have a cc to him in that email she allegedly wrote. But that is related somehow otherwise they wouldn't have needed to run a check on the email. So did he get a copy and never reported it after she was arrested? And what else might have been said that might somehow impact the case? Did she ask him for theories on another missing person case? When was it that she was talking about Caylee? Did she tell him that Caylee was with her after the date she is thought to have gone missing? Did it end amicably, or was there an exchange of words that Casey could use to explain her distrust of LE?

trying to catch up so sorry if this has already been asked
do we know which tony she was asking to get the phone number of?

I think there is a grim sort of humor because this whole thing is too horrifying to wrap one's mind around. A child who should have been cherished is lost, maybe forever.

As a parent, you have to wonder what went wrong here. Could any of us be a normal looking family one day and then find ourselves tabloid fodder the next? These days, few human dramas stay local anymore.
I do feel badly for the young people who associated with Casey, they will be sadder but wiser in the future.

Um, hello.
These young people are part of a world of superficiality, betrayal, exploitation, deprived of reason, dignity and respect .... we are getting a glimpse into a lifestyle and world that many of us are unaware of.
I think we need to wonder if this is the future, what awaits us.

trying to catch up so sorry if this has already been asked
do we know which tony she was asking to get the phone number of?

I'm sure LE has a theory on this and would love to hear it, I have decided at this point all the sleuthing in the world won't solve this one, this is too much even for LifeTime channel.

I agree - but why lie unless he had something to hide. All her friends that were interviewed had nothing to hide.... so far. :crazy:
JMO

This goes to Casey's pattern, somehow. All predators have prey.
Her unraveling, however bizarre, does have a pattern and I think more than a few other depraved individuals nurtured and exploited her proclivities.
Those myspace and facebook monsters are real people, living unreal lives.

Who is watching out for their children? That's what I want to know.

I remember reading in one of the sociopath books (I think Hare) that female sociopaths inmates can entrance men while woman can see right through them...and the opposite for male sociopaths. the females are entranced.

Don't have the exact quote, I read so much, but I think you're right. I also don't think she was lying when she said something to the effect that if Caylee was gone, her family would never forgive her. (Those aren't exact words.) I think that's a true expression from Casey of her emotion and feeling. For all the family dysfunction, for all the mental illness or personality defects hovering around Casey, I think she really, really doesn't want to lose her family but has a deep seated primal fear of that happening.

Sorry...I'm catching up with this thread so know this is from page two, but had to comment!

I think there might be something here. When did Cindy and George start changing their tunes? They were very suspicious of Casey before they "found" her (when they were contacting all her friends) and right after (when they contacted police) and even in the first few days (weeks? I've lost track of time on this case). But somewhere they stopped, and started going 1000% supportive/believing.

Did it happen after the psych eval, perhaps? Did something come out there about how "vulnerable" Casey was to rejection by her family...that perhaps this is just another layer of her manipulation and the dysfunction the Anthony's have?

(And though I know this is a very horrible thing to think...but part of me thinks that if Caylee had remained in that environment, she would not have faired so well as a young adult herself. Not that I think there is anything "good" about what has happened...but I do think that no one was truly watching over her, heck, no one even noticed she was missing for 31 days, and it pains me to think of other things she might have experienced that were also missed because her family was so unstable and she had no reliable connections to anyone outside her family.)

And...regarding the lying of this new Tony...

All of her other friends who were part of the affidavit...EVERY SINGLE ONE...was shocked and appalled and came forward very willingly. Perhaps because they all had connections with Caylee, so it was personal that there was a sweet little girl missing, but they all found the truth to be important. It does seem like perhaps him having something to hide was bad.

Just think about it...he could have, in the alternative, come forward after the news broke and said to his superiors, "OMG, you wouldn't believe it, but in the last 6 weeks I've been in contact with that Casey woman. We've emailed and chatted online, we've even had sex. Here's all the information I have. Also, I would be happy to help in the investigation in any way possible."

Because, well, just think? What if they had let him be a part of the investigation? Maybe she would have even confessed to him? And there was enough time before she clammed up for that to happen, should this new guy have chosen a better path.

So even though he may have been targeted prey of a sociopath (and probably was in some ways) he still had choices he could have made that would have redeemed his victimization. If that makes any sense!

All of her other friends who were part of the affidavit...EVERY SINGLE ONE...was shocked and appalled and came forward very willingly. Perhaps because they all had connections with Caylee, so it was personal that there was a sweet little girl missing, but they all found the truth to be important. It does seem like perhaps him having something to hide was bad.

Just think about it...he could have, in the alternative, come forward after the news broke and said to his superiors, "OMG, you wouldn't believe it, but in the last 6 weeks I've been in contact with that Casey woman. We've emailed and chatted online, we've even had sex. Here's all the information I have. Also, I would be happy to help in the investigation in any way possible."

Because, well, just think? What if they had let him be a part of the investigation? Maybe she would have even confessed to him? And there was enough time before she clammed up for that to happen, should this new guy have chosen a better path.

So even though he may have been targeted prey of a sociopath (and probably was in some ways) he still had choices he could have made that would have redeemed his victimization. If that makes any sense!

I just finished reading Ryan's interview from the docs. What a great kid: candid, helpful, caring, incredibly honest, I was pleasantly surprised.

I agree with you, this guy either is involved in something more sinister or he just completely blew it!!!

Did Casey think by getting involved with LE that somehow this would work in her favor. Boy, what a piece of WORK!!!!

I just finished reading Ryan's interview from the docs. What a great kid: candid, helpful, caring, incredibly honest, I was pleasantly surprised.

I agree with you, this guy either is involved in something more sinister or he just completely blew it!!!

Did Casey think by getting involved with LE that somehow this would work in her favor. Boy, what a piece of WORK!!!!

If he has a girlfriend he may not have been jumping up and down to say he had been rolling around with Casey. Still really poorly thought out, especially the second time they asked him about it. You got to think the second time it comes up that it has really caught someone's interest, you know like the detective asking the question AGAIN.

Um, hello.
These young people are part of a world of superficiality, betrayal, exploitation, deprived of reason, dignity and respect .... we are getting a glimpse into a lifestyle and world that many of us are unaware of.

You are so right............this sub-culture is not limited to the "casey group", they are everywhere in every city. They consider themselves to be just part of the "IN" crowd.

In the ANS case, all the sub-cultures which came out were shocking to many people, because there is no way for regular people to wrap their minds around such perversion and filth. It seems unbelievable, because it is too perverted and twisted to even imagine a person involved in.

Part of this in my opinion is the influx of people from other countries bringing their lifestyles and their total disregard for the sanctity of life. This is only going to get worse, folks........

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Off my rant for now.

Male EGO...............he could have been a real asset and now he is also a person of interest because he LIED>

When there is a little child missing and possibly endangered, he should have sung like a bird right out from day one.

Welcome, marellano.

That's quite an interesting first post (#145) - so Casey was leaving facebook messages for Tony Rusciano as early as last November?

Hmm.

Welcome, marellano.

That's quite an interesting first post (#145) - so Casey was leaving facebook messages for Tony Rusciano as early as last November?

Hmm.

Thanks for the welcome! And, yep...it looks like November! Wonder how long their "relationship" lasted....

Um, hello.

My thoughts exactly. I am officially old.
Seeing some of the young people born into the 80's and early 90's is quite frightening.
I am not generalizing, there are plenty not involved with this "gangsta" mentality. But so many are. It's is beyoung disturbing.
The nonsense with the pants down half off, underwear sticking out and chains comes from prison. Inmates could not have belts therefore the low slung pants. The hand signals and gang stuff, the nasty music with replusive messages and filth and the ever present use of profanity.
This generation has an extreme sense of entilement. Not all, but a great many.

Got to say that this guy should not have been a deputy to begin with! You do not lie to your superiors for any reason! These guys depend on each other for sometimes their very life in situations.

I think he may have been embarrassed to have been associated with Casey. He LIED! I do not have any respect for any deputy/officer who obscures the truth or LIES in a missing child's case. What if he had come upon some evidence? What if he pipelined LE investigation info to the family? (not accusing him) This guy is too big of a liability for the S.O.! Makes me wonder what he would have lied about in the future if he had not gotten caught in this one?

He is a single guy, so he would not have gotten in trouble with the department for dating someone, or even chatting with Casey on the computer. IMO, he was just embarrassed of his association with her. And now he has paid a high price for lying.

As another poster stated; if he had just come forward with the info that he and Casey had sex and chatted on the computer, he would not have been fired.

At roll call each day maybe they should just ask : "Anyone that has had sex with Casey Anthony, please step forward!"

I am sick to death of this girl and wish her bond would be revoked! She does not deserve to be at home even though she is restricted. Why should she get to go to a nice, plush lawyer's office and hang out each day? I say put her azz back in jail and make her sleep on the 3" plastic mattress and plastic pillow! She won't be able to DEFACE a "Find Caylee" T-Shirt by putting it on her body! She can wear her nice little blue jail uniform! She and Baez can meet at the jail to prepare her defense (for which there is none).

:furious::furious::furious:

not to mention.... JG quit his police job....i wonder if he & Tony R knew he other. she slept with both of them....hmmm ...what else aren't we hearing........?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member