*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More people have been murdered in the name of "god" than "satan," so I think this is really reaching.

religion has long been used as an excuse in war. Muslim extremists want infidels killed because they offend Allah. Catholic crusades. 1994 genocide in Rwanda-God supposedly viewed on tribe as inferior. Holocaust-exterminating people deemed as inferior and saying God was ok with it. Salem Witch trials-harming those who were claimed to be witches. It is well documented.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

OH GOD......

Alex is deceased...

On ABC just now.

I have no words.

Where did he get all the money for all this???
Working at McD's?
Planned this for months???
He was in a doctorate program that covered tuition and provided an approximate $24K/year living allowance stipend ( pdf ). That's $2K untaxable dollars a month, in a town where cost of living is much more affordable than, for example, San Diego, California.

Moreover, did you know that you can buy kevlar vests on Amazon? Which run everywhere from as little as $24 to as much as $500 (for the concealed sort). And gas masks appear to run between $20-30. They even sell 12-packs of "flash-bang" grenades, which the purchaser can fill with whatever they want.

Whether he purchased his items from there (or not), is of course, irrelevant. The point is, how easy and cheap this stuff is for any home-grown wanna-be terrorist type.

That said, it does appear that he was asked to leave the graduate program as per this UC Denver press release. ( link )

The 24-year-old man arrested in the shootings at an Aurora theater overnight was in the process of filling out the paperwork to voluntarily withdraw from a CU graduate program in neurosciences.

James Holmes enrolled at the University of Colorado graduate school in June 2011. He was not a medical student and would have been working toward a PhD.
Unfortunately, privacy issues prevent them from clarifying why.

This does not say he was asked to leave. He was voluntarily withdrawing-meaning by his own volition.

[]

I was not saying he did not deserve a lawyer-just their are some lawyers out there that have morals-I know-that would say NO I will not defend you and its my right to say NO!

I don't want to sidetrack this thread with a discussion of the United States Constitution, but one might consider if the lawyer that you have the most respect and admiration for took this case because he or she understood that upholding the defendant's Constitutional right was more important than the defendant not having his Sixth Amendment right fulfilled.

In all likelihood the question will be moot as the defendant will likely have a court appointed attorney who is more than capable and one of the most respected attorneys in the United States; I'm thinking of Judy Clarke who is currently the appointed attorney for Jared Lee Loughner and has previously been appointed to represent: 'Unabomber' Ted Kaczynski, Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph, Islamic terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui and child murderer Susan Smith, among others.

OH GOD......

Alex is deceased...

On ABC just now.

I have no words.

No! I'm really so depressed. I was so so hoping for a different outcome. I can't stop crying over this.

This is just not right.

her save her kids after the father abandoned them! I wanted to make sure he gets some recognition somewhere...here's a 19 yr old stranger who doesn't act to save himself first but the FATHER does...I'm just incredulous that Jamie Rohrs dumped his baby on the ground and ran away, got in his car and drove away leaving his family behind. Oh, and both the mother and the teen, Jarrell Brooks were shot and the Dad, oh, he was just fine...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/jarell-brooks-aurora-hero_n_1690579.html?utm_hp_ref=impact

I am so impressed with this young man! His mom should be proud :). He deserves an award. I know that 20/20 FB page is mentioning him and doing a special at 10.

OH GOD......

Alex is deceased...

On ABC just now.

I have no words.

It is true. Not sure if I can post this but on his FB page, I looked at his cousin's wall (he is listed as cousin and initials are TB). He has a status saying pray for us, etc 4 hrs ago, no condition known. But then in the comments, he updates it.

I'm so sad about this stranger. And his family. And his poor unconsolable father.

Still hasn't been updated/confirmed online. PRAYING the news you heard was incorrect.

True.

ABC did make a huge error this morning. I suppose they could do it again.

All I'm getting online is tweets on the ABC site.

But deep down I know it's true.....

It amazes me that Al Qaeda never has gotten into the "mass shooting" business, it's always been home grown terrorists. You'd think they'd see stuff like this in the news. (And I am glad they haven't!)

Except that true Satanism involves not harming anyone or anything. If you hear anyone claiming otherwise they are on drugs, very seriously mentally ill, or using it as an excuse for their own sick actions. I was able to do a semester long research project on it for abnormal psychology and the role beliefs can play in it in college. Fascinating .

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

That's not true Satanism, that's the Anton LaVey version.

OH GOD......

Alex is deceased...

On ABC just now.

I have no words.

Oh this is so horrible,and I feel for all the families.I feel so much anger right now.
This is just so unfair.I want to know why he decided to hurt these beautiful people.Why???

I don't want to sidetrack this thread with a discussion of the United States Constitution, but one might consider if the lawyer that you have the most respect and admiration for took this case because he or she understood that upholding the defendant's Constitutional right was more important than the defendant not having his Sixth Amendment right fulfilled.

In all likelihood the question will be moot as the defendant will likely have a court appointed attorney who is more than capable and one of the most respected attorneys in the United States; I'm thinking of Judy Clarke who is currently the appointed attorney for Jared Lee Loughner and has previously been appointed to represent: 'Unabomber' Ted Kaczynski, Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph, Islamic terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui and child murderer Susan Smith, among others.

umm-OK-sorry-I 'll just leave it at that!!

It is true. Not sure if I can post this but on his FB page, I looked at his cousin's wall (he is listed as cousin and initials are TB). He has a status saying pray for us, etc 4 hrs ago, no condition known. But then in the comments, he updates it.

I'm so sad about this stranger. And his family. And his poor unconsolable father.

Thank you. I'm sorry. It's too much for me right now. I will be back later. Love you guys.

I am so impressed with this young man! His mom should be proud :). He deserves an award. I know that 20/20 FB page is mentioning him and doing a special at 10.

The guy not even related to any of the children ended up having to help save them.
If I behaved like the father of the kid, I don't think I'd want to be on TV telling it to everyone. I am just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3