*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly and he took time to buy different weapons and order supplies, set up the explosives and trip wires in his apartment. If he had a mental problem it was long standing and someone should have known something about it, otherwise, this wouldn't seem like the usual insanity, which to me is sudden rage with action.

At least in my opinion, there doesn't appear to be any signs of progressive devolving, or spiraling out of control as occurs when someone "snaps".

MOO

CNN currently showing a simulation of the events which took place, the timeline, and how the suspect exited and reentered the theater after suiting up in tactical gear. He knew exactly what he was doing.

MOO

He sure did. Everything he did prior to the killing negates an Insanity Defense alone. Do you think we will still see his Lawyer spin it this way. I do. Really what else has his Lawyer got. Off to vaccum my keyboard. Now my question mark key is not working :banghead:

He sure did. Everything he did prior to the killing negates an Insanity Defense alone. Do you think we will still see his Lawyer spin it this way. I do. Really what else has his Lawyer got. Off to vaccum my keyboard. Now my question mark key is not working :banghead:

Insanity is all the defense has, in my opinion.

snip-snip

Why do you think the "hair-do trio" probably never saw Taxi Driver? It was the sui generis violence film of its era and has been referenced thousands of time since in pop cult think-pieces about the subject.

Small point. Good post.

Maybe that's why my nephew had a photo of is it Travis Bickel pointing that gun with his mowhawk hair on FB? He'd been posting about bans on guns and I thought "Ummmm you've seen the Godfather probably 100 times, and you love Taxi Driver, and you're moving back to Philly........."

Sui Generis that!

He told the cops his apartment was booby-trapped. I have wondered about this. Why tell the cops? Maybe to save himself from the DP?

jmo

With all due respect what do you mean?

Why no one in the audience shot back--disarmed, so only thugs have guns:

Currently in Aurora, Colorado, where the shooting took place, it is already unlawful to carry a concealed "dangerous weapon," discharge firearms, unless by law enforcement on duty or on shooting range, and have loaded firearm in motor vehicle.

[ www.coloradoceasefire.org]

Another shooting victim to be interview after break on CNN.

Female, I haven't seen her before.

He told the cops his apartment was booby-trapped. I have wondered about this. Why tell the cops? Maybe to save himself from the DP?

jmo

That is the million dollar question. I wonder if down the road the BSU can enlighten us. In my opinion he will get the DP anyway but who knows what was in his mind.

Gangsters Squad movie scene pulled from utube..

Warner Bros. is contemplating changes to its upcoming thriller "Gangster Squad" in the wake of Friday's movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo. during a screening of "The Dark Knight Rises."

The film, scheduled for release Sept. 7, features a key scene in which mobsters open fire on a theater audience from behind a movie screen. Automatic gunfire rips through the screen as horrified filmgoers rush for the exits and police try to stop the mayhem.

Trailers for "Gangster Squad" prominently feature the scene. The 1940s period piece, centered on gangster Mickey Cohen's attempted takeover of Los Angeles, stars Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling and comes from "Zombieland" director Ruben Fleischer.

After the news of Friday's shooting, Warner Bros. pulled the trailer from theaters. It had been playing in front of movies including "The Dark Knight Rises." In addition, the trailer is no longer available to watch on websites such as YouTube

Bizarre coincidence! On the first showing yet!

if anyone is interested in an exchange of ideas on gun control that's fine.
But accusatory, arguentative posts on the topic are not going to fly.
So discuss it with some civility or take it somewhere else.

Please and thank you.

jmo

Im thinking police ask where do you live or ask if your addess on license correct and killer may have said Dont bother going its booby trap.

Or you'll never get in. Officer ask why you say that, killer says joking its booby trap.

I think he told them in a smart azz way.

JMO

I don't want to get into the gun debate either. However i wish it was a bit more difficult for people to get their hands on them. I get they can be purchased illegally. I don't know what the answers are. Perhaps because in my Country gun laws are very strict. Always in awe i have to say when in your Country the weaponry in the store display cases. Just no answers sigh.....

snip-respectful-snip

A point well-taken, but I must ask: do you not see the irony in backing the theory that the answer to guns and gun violence is....more guns?

As for the literature you read, could you provide links to some of it?

It's always amazing that, just after a gun massacre, those who oppose gun control don't want to "get in a gun control debate."

I'll bite. I'm in Metro Denver, with friends impacted by this shooting. (Prev post in this thread.) I was here during Columbine, here for Columbine anniversary SW Plaza bombing, and here for this.

A man suspected of planting a bomb at a mall in Littleton, Colorado, on the 12th anniversary of the attack at Columbine High School was arrested Tuesday at a grocery store in Boulder, authorities said.
link

While I can't imagine how horrible this is for all the victims and families, and I know there's worldwide grief over this, I can tell you that we in the Denver community are raw over this. To provide some context for this post.

This is an evil man, who was intent on destruction of the living. He rigged the apartment with 30 softball sized incendiary devices, 30 aerial shells, balloons filled with gunpowder, gun shells on the floor, trip wires, and some sort of chemical component per reports. There's no doubt in my mind that, if he hadn't had access to guns, he'd just have chosen triggering similar or worse bombs in a public place, hand grenades, a chemical attack a la Japan (he's obviously intelligent and could've cooked up some ricine) or a car or vehicle bomb, like OKC. He was bent on destruction. Guns did not kill the victims. Evil did.

Had the normal armed off-duty officers been there, he might've aborted the attempt, being the coward he is. (Not blaming them for not being there.)

There is already a shooting/gun control discussion thread in the Political Pavilion. Link to PP thread. IMO, if some want to start blaming inanimate objects for these deaths, please take those comments there.

Just as you asked others not to insert political commentary earlier. TIA

MOO

I'm sorry, gotta say. Have been biting my tongue...

All these "well, if one of them had a gun" arguments: It's just more second-guessing the victims. It's disrespectful. It's no better than Marky Mark saying he could have brought down the hijackers on 9/11 if he had been on one of the planes (google it if you aren't sure what I am talking about). No disrespect intended. I'm just frustrated, because, this is how I see it: I am anti-gun. I have never held one nor do I intend to in my lifetime. Suppose I were in that theatre, and laws did not stop me from having a concealed weapon, but instead my own conscience, and I was shot and killed. Would you say it was my fault for not backing gun possession, for not "protecting" myself enough? No. That would be cruel. Let's not second guess the victims, in ANY form.

Why no one in the audience shot back--disarmed, so only thugs have guns:

Currently in Aurora, Colorado, where the shooting took place, it is already unlawful to carry a concealed "dangerous weapon," discharge firearms, unless by law enforcement on duty or on shooting range, and have loaded firearm in motor vehicle.

[ www.coloradoceasefire.org]
The link wouldn't open for me but I will take your word for it.
That being said do you really think an armed patron in that dark theater could have saved the day? Taken out the perp without harming another individual?

jmo

Also did he think perhaps someone in his apartment building would have set it off due to that music? That one chick said she went up to complain and the door appeared opened. She was a doorknob away from getting blown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member