*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know if anyone posted this but a guy who covers up his windows not to be seen, has purple lights flashing sometimes should hav been reported to the cops. this "not my business mentality" is not healthy.

Before and After Massacre, Puzzles Line Suspect’s Path
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/u...?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20120722

Anyone who reported that would have been laughed at by the police dispatcher. Seriously reporting people for covering their windows and having flashing lights in their home? That is insane.

I do not know if anyone posted this but a guy who covers up his windows not to be seen, has purple lights flashing sometimes should hav been reported to the cops. this "not my business mentality" is not healthy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/u...?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20120722

I've seen conflicting information about that. I believe his downstairs neighbor who went to complain about the music claimed that was the first time music was coming out of his apartment, and otherwise he was very quiet.
And frankly even if he had regularly played loud music, this was a student, and that is not unusual behavior for a student.

For sure. I'm surprised there isn't something in place. Given the concerns for terrorism. Would hate to think these guys would now just order over the internet to stay under the radar.

You cant buy GUNS over the internet, you have to have a federal firearms license to purchase guns on the internet. YOU CAN ORDER a gun on the internet BUT THE SELLER has to SEND IT TO A LICENSED gun shop and the owner of that shop has to do a federal background check on you then you can take it home.

Tactical gear you can buy, you can get that on ebay easily. That is nothing.

And Nutkin is right, I shoot competitively at gun ranges and I can go through thousands of rounds practicing AND ITS FUN. I dont plan to hurt anyone.

You can also get gun at GUN SHOWS from private sellers with no paperwork or background checks involved and a lot of criminals use those. But they dont have those in every state, I live in the wild west.

Anyone who reported that would have been laughed at by the police dispatcher. Seriously reporting people for covering their windows and having flashing lights in their home? That is insane.

Especially students living on college campus. LOL.

I dont think it matters what the movie was about. I did see the first one, but it did nt cause for me to kill a fly let alone a perso.
Movies do not cause. If they infuence someone in a negtive wy - that person was off kilter to begine with.

I didn't mean to imply that the movie(s) caused this to happen. All I meant was that I can't even follow the discussions about if red was the right hair color for the Joker or (The Riddler?) because I have never seen the movies. Nor do I know anything about the movie plots that have been discussed.

I agree that mental illness is a possibility, but I'd see it more as schizophrenia as being the biggest possibility.

Another thing is that being highly intelligent, you can learn how to really "control" your disease so that other people don't easily notice.

I suppose it is possible that one could delude oneself into thinking that one could control their disease so that other people don't easily notice.

EXCLUSIVE: Massacre suspect James Holmes' gun-range application drew red flag (foxnews.com)
BYERS, Colo. – Less than a month before carrying out the midnight movie massacre that left 12 dead, suspected shooter James Holmes applied for membership at a private gun range, unnerving the club’s owner whose calls to Holmes’ apartment reached a “creepy, weird” Batman-inspired voicemail message.

“His answering machine message was incoherent, just bizarre, really bizarre -- slurring words, but he didn’t sound drunk, just strange -- I could make out “James” somewhere in it,” Glenn Rotkovich, of the Lead Valley Range, in Byers, Colo., told FoxNews.com
---
much more at link above

Well where i live it is strictly controlled. I am good with that. If i am a hand gun owner LE has the right to knock on my door and ask to see how it is stored anytime. If not properly according to law the fine is huge and i can lose the right to own. I'm sure if i started purchasing mass amounts of ammo they would be at my door. The only shooting i remember in my City was maybe 30 years ago. Domestic. Wife blew away the hubby with a shotgun. It can deter some. I just cant see making it easy. I support the right to bear.

It is sold there, but it is double the price it would be at say, Wal-Mart. I'm not going to pay a ton of money for ammo that I am shooting into a piece of paper. The expensive ammo, that is saved for protection.

And I am quite sure that "system" would not work. As I stated, we buy hundreds of rounds each week. I am sure thousands, if not millions, of other responsible gun owners do as well. What about hunters? They buy a ton of ammo.

One person chooses the wrong thing and everyone should be punished? It doesn't work in elementary school and it doesn't work in the real world.

I grew up in a family of hunters and skeet shooters. There were always guns (usually rifles and shotguns), always locked up in racks and cabinets. My dad, grandfathers, uncles, etc. hunted frequently and were all very good marksmen.

Never do I recall them buying hundreds of rounds of ammo on a routine basis. Never do I recall them stockpiling large amounts of ammo. My dad used to load his own shells for skeet shooting, but even then, he didn't keep or use a great deal of ammo. At most, he would reload 3 or 4 boxes at a time. Once the shells were loaded, they disappeared until he went hunting. I still don't know where he hid them.

If you're a good marksman with good, well maintained guns and an experienced hunter, you don't need a lot of ammo or a lot of practice. Some gun enthusiasts confuse target practice with entertainment.

My family was able to hunt and enjoy using guns back when there were restrictions on the type of guns and amount of ammo they could buy. It didn't interfere with their outdoors activities.

I suppose it is possible that one could delude oneself into thinking that one could control their disease so that other people don't easily notice.

I control mine and no one ever knows unless I tell them.

My son controls his autistic tendencies and no one knows his diagnosis or even suspects it, not even his school.

I grew up in a family of hunters and skeet shooters. There were always guns (usually rifles and shotguns), always locked up in racks and cabinets. My dad, grandfathers, uncles, etc. hunted frequently and were all very good marksmen.

Never do I recall them buying hundreds of rounds of ammo on a routine basis. Never do I recall them stockpiling large amounts of ammo. My dad used to load his own shells for skeet shooting, but even then, he didn't keep or use a great deal of ammo. At most, he would reload 3 or 4 boxes at a time. Once the shells were loaded, they disappeared until he went hunting. I still don't know where he hid them.

If you're a good marksman with good, well maintained guns and an experienced hunter, you don't need a lot of ammo or a lot of practice. Some gun enthusiasts confuse target practice with entertainment.

My family was able to hunt and enjoy using guns back when there were restrictions on the type of guns and amount of ammo they could buy. It didn't interfere with their outdoors activities.

I shoot at least a hundred rounds weekly from my 9mm for practice. It is my protection and I do have a CHL. In order to feel comfortable carrying, I need to shoot it regularly. And two boxes of ammo is a hundred rounds.

One might be laughed at for calling that in but I think if your hinky meter goes off. Call it in.

Where did this unemployed guy get all of this money for everything? I mean, tactical armor I can't imagine being cheap. And that much ammunition? He obviously was paying rent for his apartment, too. Maybe he blew all of his savings or something along the sort, figuring his life would end, or be in prison forever.

And I live in a place where I hear gun shots every night. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that I will have to be prepared to defend myself and my children at some point.

The police around here don't even respond to reports of gun shots anymore. It is that frequent.

Where did this unemployed guy get all of this money for everything? I mean, tactical armor I can't imagine being cheap. And that much ammunition? He obviously was paying rent for his apartment, too. Maybe he blew all of his savings or something along the sort, figuring his life would end, or be in prison forever.

There is a link posted earlier in this thread about his stipend since he was a PhD candidate.

One might be laughed at for calling that in but I think if your hinky meter goes off. Call it in.

Yeah, call the non-emergency number to report "suspicious activity." That way police can get to it when the can, not go running for nothing. Give a few details on how long it has been noticed, anything person may be doing that looks unusual.

Although, I must admit I would never call for newspaper in windows and purple light. I live in a college town so none of that is unusual. At best, just keep an out to see if anyone is running drugs to the apartment or carrying body sized parcels.

I think after getting creepy answering machine he should have called the cops.
If you run a shooting range you should be more mindful of who is asking to join.
Eyes wide shut are no different than not my business - that is how the creeps get to carry on.
He was "mindful of who (was) asking to join." That's why he followed up with a call. And call the police because you get a "creepy answering machine message"? C'mon. Hindsight is 20-20. LE has work to do other than track down allegedly odd messages on someone's answering machine.

From the article... "Some nights, neighbors heard loud music throbbing in his third-floor apartment, and often complained about it, or noticed a strange purple light in the windows."....purple light could likely be "black light"... super popular in disco's...think: late 70's/early 80's..but even today in dance clubs..

And from the article ..."Sometimes, the windows were masked by newspaper, as if he wanted no one to see inside.:...not wildly uncommon for less affluent people (usually sheets or something, but whatever)...

But all that is in retrospect....doubtful a call to police would find any of that reason for concern...

However, covering windows with paper/foil could be a sign of schizophrenia...but again...police are powerless to do anything on that basis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski