*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I called the police every single time I got a creepy vibe from someone, I'd be on the phone constantly. There ARE cases when people just need to mind their own business.

I grew up in a family of hunters and skeet shooters. There were always guns (usually rifles and shotguns), always locked up in racks and cabinets. My dad, grandfathers, uncles, etc. hunted frequently and were all very good marksmen.

Never do I recall them buying hundreds of rounds of ammo on a routine basis. Never do I recall them stockpiling large amounts of ammo. My dad used to load his own shells for skeet shooting, but even then, he didn't keep or use a great deal of ammo. At most, he would reload 3 or 4 boxes at a time. Once the shells were loaded, they disappeared until he went hunting. I still don't know where he hid them.

If you're a good marksman with good, well maintained guns and an experienced hunter, you don't need a lot of ammo or a lot of practice. Some gun enthusiasts confuse target practice with entertainment.

My family was able to hunt and enjoy using guns back when there were restrictions on the type of guns and amount of ammo they could buy. It didn't interfere with their outdoors activities.
What if it is a hobby that you enjoy? I can buy BULK ammo A LOT cheaper than buying a few boxes at a time. I dont practice because I need to get better (although I can get better) I practice because I enjoy shooting and I like the challange.

Just because someone is good at something doesnt mean they shouldnt practice and enjoy doing so as a hobby.

It also makes good financial sense to buy in bulk, for me at least.

Shooting competitively in TOURNAMENTS is a lot different than going hunting a few times a year. It is a skill that you have to refine with practice and dedication.

There are MILLIONS of gun owners in the world less than .0000000000000000000000000001 of them do stupid **** and hurt people with those guns. It is reactionary to ban or control guns because of a few idiots

I used to cover my windows when my son was a baby because he wouldn't sleep unless it was pitch black. I would have had a serious problem with someone who had reported me to the police for that.

I control mine and no one ever knows unless I tell them.

My son controls his autistic tendencies and no one knows his diagnosis or even suspects it, not even his school.

I am the mother of a daughter with bipolar, and while she has a huge heart...
I would not want to see her with a gun. no way n how, not ever.
Just one decision to go off meds would be enough to scar the chit out of me.

I do not believe that anyone with MI should be allowed to carry.

I am not judging you, I love you all and know the challenge you face. but NOP I do not agree that it is OK for you to carry. Please do not take it personally. I think that is one of the big problems with the major massacres they are all done by MI people, brilliant MI people. OK so they have an evil side TRUE…
Not all MI people have an evil side. But I would lobby against anyone with any imbalance to have a gun.

And I live in a place where I hear gun shots every night. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that I will have to be prepared to defend myself and my children at some point.

The police around here don't even respond to reports of gun shots anymore. It is that frequent.

Wow :what: I'm glad you are prepared and hope you never have to. If that was my enviroment i know my mindset of safety would be a bit different. Heck it has become skewed after spending so much time on these boards LOL

What if it is a hobby that you enjoy? I can buy BULK ammo A LOT cheaper than buying a few boxes at a time. I dont practice because I need to get better (although I can get better) I practice because I enjoy shooting and I like the challange.

Just because someone is good at something doesnt mean they shouldnt practice and enjoy doing so as a hobby.

It also makes good financial sense to buy in bulk, for me at least.

Shooting competitively in TOURNAMENTS is a lot different than going hunting a few times a year. It is a skill that you have to refine with practice and dedication.

There are MILLIONS of gun owners in the world less than .0000000000000000000000000001 of them do stupid **** and hurt people with those guns. It is reactionary to ban or control guns because of a few idiots

Not to mention, you have to shoot a gun regularly. It is part of the appropriate maintenance of owning a firearm. If you just stick it in a closet and pull it out one day and use it, you really don't know what is going to happen.

I used to cover my windows when my son was a baby because he wouldn't sleep unless it was pitch black. I would have had a serious problem with someone who had reported me to the police for that.

I have drapes for that. I do not cover my windows with paper, every so often....

Where did this unemployed guy get all of this money for everything? I mean, tactical armor I can't imagine being cheap. And that much ammunition? He obviously was paying rent for his apartment, too. Maybe he blew all of his savings or something along the sort, figuring his life would end, or be in prison forever.

He was not unemployed. He was on a training grant which means he was getting a stipend.

However, covering windows with paper/foil could be a sign of schizophrenia...but again...police are powerless to do anything on that basis...

:panic: Hey, my bathroom window is covered in foil! (Apartments, can see me showering, no one wants to see that! :eek:) Am I schizo? :lol:

If I called the police every single time I got a creepy vibe from someone, I'd be on the phone constantly. There ARE cases when people just need to mind their own business.

If somebody called the cops because of a batman inspired phone greeting on a persons answering machine, cops aren't going to do anything anyway. People do have freedom of expression, and there is no law someone can not have a batman inspired greeting on their answering machine.

Not to mention, you have to shoot a gun regularly. It is part of the appropriate maintenance of owning a firearm. If you just stick it in a closet and pull it out one day and use it, you really don't know what is going to happen.

True, I dont like gun control at all and I am not even an NRA and I AM a pretty liberal democrat.

I think Tiger Woods should play golf once or twice and year then put the clubs in the closet and forget those ten hour day practices.

In fact maybe that is what he is doing and why he sucks so bad now.

I am the mother of a daughter with bipolar, and while she has a huge heart...
I would not want to see her with a gun. no way n how, not ever.
Just one decision to go off meds would be enough to scar the chit out of me.

I do not believe that anyone with MI should be allowed to carry.

I am not judging you, I love you all and know the challenge you face. but NOP I do not agree that it is OK for you to carry. Please do not take it personally. I think that is one of the big problems with the major massacres they are all done by MI people, brilliant MI people. OK so they have an evil side TRUE…
Not all MI people have an evil side. But I would lobby against anyone with any imbalance to have a gun.

I have not been on medication for YEARS. Even my own mother questions the diagnosis now. Me owning a gun is vastly safer than most people.

And if you would honestly call and report someone for covering their windows and having a black light, I question you owning a phone.

:panic: Hey, my bathroom window is covered in foil! (Apartments, can see me showering, no one wants to see that! :eek:) Am I schizo? :lol:

Yep :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Kidding. Just dont tell me ya got a matching hat :floorlaugh:

I have drapes for that. I do not cover my windows with paper, every so often....

But in a student housing, that's what people do.
They use garbage bags also. Are we gonna call police on everyone who does that?

That is definitely one of my concerns.

What legitimate purpose with so much ammunition in this timeline, in addition to the body armor he purchased?

:waitasec:

MOO

The quantity of ammunition doesn't bother me. It's a reasonable amount for someone who spends a lot of time at the range honing their marksmanship skills.

The red flag purchases are the tactical body armor and large capacity magazines.

From the article... "Some nights, neighbors heard loud music throbbing in his third-floor apartment, and often complained about it, or noticed a strange purple light in the windows."....purple light could likely be "black light"... super popular in disco's...think: late 70's/early 80's..but even today in dance clubs..

And from the article ..."Sometimes, the windows were masked by newspaper, as if he wanted no one to see inside.:...not wildly uncommon for less affluent people (usually sheets or something, but whatever)...

But all that is in retrospect....doubtful a call to police would find any of that reason for concern...

However, covering windows with paper/foil could be a sign of schizophrenia...but again...police are powerless to do anything on that basis...
In a student housing it's not uncommon because students don't want to spend money on drapes. So they use paper, newspaper or garbage bags.
Music is not uncommon, and I question even that, since the downstairs neighbor claimed his apartment was normally very quiet.
Until the night she almost got blown up when she went up there to complain about the music.

From the article... "Some nights, neighbors heard loud music throbbing in his third-floor apartment, and often complained about it, or noticed a strange purple light in the windows."....purple light could likely be "black light"... super popular in disco's...think: late 70's/early 80's..but even today in dance clubs..

And from the article ..."Sometimes, the windows were masked by newspaper, as if he wanted no one to see inside.:...not wildly uncommon for less affluent people (usually sheets or something, but whatever)...

But all that is in retrospect....doubtful a call to police would find any of that reason for concern...

Maybe police is powerless - but loud music, sometimes covered window with paper, not friendly...
If the cops came one time... they would be able to see something wrong.

My daughter was mad at me one time because I dialed 911 when she needed to be hospitalized. WELL... she got so mad and don’t forget she is MI. she told them that I do drugs.... An OVBIOUSE Lie. They came here and went through the entire house. Realized she is MI and apologized to me, told me to call anytime.

The neighbors could have called.

Living in the "Burbs" of bigger Cities i would have to say i would call in something suspicious. I trust my instincts. I totally get everyone makes decisions based on life experience. Now if i was often seeing strange things in a bigger city i would be immune. Here not so much. Love reading everyone's opinions.

But in a student housing, that's what people do.
They use garbage bags also. Are we gonna call police on everyone who does that?
I do not think he was in student housing.
I know the schools in NY sometimes they use sheets....Never seen garbage bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member