*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know world prem of Batman hit, red hair, statement I am joker, then there is this GEM: There are eerie similarities between the massacre at the Aurora multiplex during a showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” and a sequence in a seminal 1986 comic book.

In the second issue of Frank Miller’s “The Dark Knight Returns” a crazed gunman stands up in the middle of a Batman-inspired *advertiser censored* movie and opens fire inside the crowded theater.

Stunning!

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...c-frank-miller-article-1.1118713#ixzz21VTj8Nk

That does not mean he was 'crazy.' It means he was a sadistic freak who thought it would be funny to coincide his bloody massacre of innocents with some comic book scenario. Very smart people sometimes like to do arrogant, twisted things like that. Does not mean they are insane, just pathetic and disgusting, vile creatures, imo.

He could very well have read that comic book. I noticed he kind of made himself look like that guy in the comics-mop of red hair on top, big round eyes (no eyelashes)

bumping is bringing something back to the top.

the accurate quote from the mother is
"you have the right person"
It is more than reasonable to conclude that re-quotes of the ORIGINAL source are inaccurate.

Don't keep going around about it,please.

What does bumping mean?

If you post a question or something and it gets lost back up in the thread, you might decide to 'bump it' back to the front again. Maybe still needing an answer?

•ROSEANNE BARR, actress
*•John Nash - Mathematician / Nobel Prize Winner (Main character in A Beautiful Mind )
*•King George III of England
*•Lionel Aldridge:*
Played for the Green Bay Packers in the 1960's, he suffered from schizophrenia and was homeless for two years. He now gives inspirational talks on his battle against paranoid schizophrenia.•
Vivien Leigh: The actress who starred in" Gone With The Wind" suffered from mental illness, as documented in Vivien Leigh by Anne Edwards.
Charles Dickens: author of A Christmas Carol and Great Expectations, suffered from depression*

Leo Tolstoy: Author of War and Peace, Tolstoy told of his own mental illness in My Confession.
Ernest Hemingway, Writer The Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist's suicidal depression is examined in the True Gen: An Intimate Portrait of Ernest Hemingway by Those Who Knew Him by Denis Brian.
John Keats, Poet The renowned poet's mental illness is documented in The Dynamics of Creation by Anthony Storr
Abraham Lincoln: The 16th president, one of the greatest Americans, suffered from severe, incapacitating and occasionally suicidal depressions
Patty Duke: The Academy Award-winning actress told of her bipolar disorder in her autobiography and made-for-TV move Call Me Anna and A Brilliant Madness: Living with Manic-Depressive Illness, co-authored by Gloria Hochman.
Richard Nixon, U.S. president
Napoleon Bonaparte

Poet Victor Hugo
*•ADAM ANT- MUSICIAN in the 80's
*•KURT COBAIN, musician. Kurt was diagnosed at a young age with ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER[ADD], then later with bipolar disorder
*•ROSEMARY CLOONEY-- singer and actress.
*•Richard Dreyfuss, actor
*•Mike Doughty, musician. First described himself diagnosed as bipolar in 2007 on his blog.
*•Carrie Fisher, actress and writer. "'I ended up being diagnosed as a bipolar II,' says Fisher."
*•Connie Francis, singer
*•Stephen Fry, actor, comedian and writer.
*•Mel Gibson, actor and director.
*•Macy Gray, musician and actor.
*•Jack Irons, drummer, formerly of Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam
*•Kay Redfield Jamison, clinical psychologist and Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, who profiled her own bipolar disorder in her 1995 memoir An Unquiet Mind and argued for a connection between bipolar disorder and artistic creativity in her 1993 book, Touched with Fire .
*•Daniel Johnston, musician: "Johnston's output in his late teens and early 20s proved to be a symptom of his worsening manic depression." The Guardian Unlimited, Saturday August 20, 2005: "Personal demons", review of film, The Devil and Daniel Johnston: [54]
*•Andrew Johns, Professional Rugby League Player. — has gone public about his condition.
*•Margot Kidder, actress — self-described: "I have been well and free of the symptoms that are called manic-depression for almost five years, and have been working steadily and leading a happy and productive life since then."
*•Neil Lennon Footballer with Celtic FC open about his battles with depression.
*•Jenifer Lewis, American actress, spoke about her diagnosis on Oprah in September 2007
*•Bill Lichtenstein print and broadcast journalist and documentary filmmaker, profiled in Time magazine, October 10, 1994.
*•Michelle Lombardo, model and actress.
*•Florence Nightingale, nurse and health campaigner. BPW "Florence heard voices and experienced a number of severe depressive episodes in her teens and early 20s - symptoms consistent with the onset of bipolar disorder", Dr. Kathy Wisner, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
*•Sinéad O'Connor, musician. She discussed her diagnosis with Oprah Winfrey in October 2007.
*•Graeme Obree, Scottish racing cyclist.
*•Phil Ochs, musician.
*•Ozzy Osbourne, singer. Lead singer of Black Sabbath.Edgar Allan Poe, poet and writer.
*•Axl Rose, lead singer and frontman best known for Guns N' Roses."I went to a clinic, thinking it would help my moods. The only thing I did was take one 500-question test - ya know, filling in the little black dots. All of sudden I'm diagnosed manic-depressive."
*•Richard Rossi, filmmaker, musician, and maverick minister, revealed for the first time in a live interview on the Lynn Cullen show on June 5, 2008 the link between his artistic productivity and his depression to bipolar disorder, stating that "my father was bi-polar one, and I'm bi-polar two." He spoke of the relationship between creativity and the illness.
*•Jean-Claude Van Damme, actor.
*•Mark Vonnegut, author
*•Brian Wilson, musician, founding member of The Beach Boys schzophrenic
*•Virginia Woolf, writer.
*•Jim Carrey- manic depressive
*•Robin Williams-manic depressive
*•Sting--has talked about being manic depressive--it is still elusive

http://schoolgirlforreal.hubpages.com/hub/A-List-of-Famous-People-Today-With-Mental-Illnesses
**catching up here so my apologies if this lands amidst totally different discussion**

Re: all of the above along with much of the other content posted prior..
Question.. Are you trying to convince us that the mentally ill are amongst us????:waitasec:

Because if so your preaching to the choir.. I dare say nary a one of us doesn't associate, live with, or even personally struggle with mental illness on a daily basis.. We are fully aware of mental illness, some more than others ..

So, there need not be attempts at convincing anyone of mental illness.. That's not the issue here.. The issue is that you, nor I, nor the vast majority here have a clue whether this killer is truly mentally ill or just a fed up dude, tired of being the under dog, tired of not being recognized for his superior intelligence.. And well by God he decided he show all of us.. Cuz that very much is still a viable option on the table..

But as far as convincing everyone mental Illness is among us and that we'd be *shocked* as hell to know the meds our police, doctors, fireman, etc, etc are on and that most with mental illness function quite well throughout the majority of life..

I promise everyone here is fully aware of mental illness..jmo

I wonder if the school saw signs of JH mental instability and asked him to withdraw.They are keeping everything quiet there for some reason.

Hi, all.

Not to interrupt, but in the 1st thread, I'd posted this.

I was watching and reading the coverage, praying for victims, families, and LE. When they said Gateway HS, my stomach clinched and I rushed a text to one of my dearest friends. Her two grandsons live with her in Aurora and attend there. No response. I started praying for them and frantically called. Thank God, she answered and I asked if the boys were ok. She said, "They're ok, but they are not ok."

She said one of the boys asked to go to this theater with his friends last night, but she'd told him no. He came to her crying this morning saying he'd listen to her better from now on. "Grandma, you saved my life!" he said. One of the boys' friends, a teen girl, is in the hospital, shot in the chin, she said. They can't reach two of their friends. She said the boys are scared to death to leave the house now.

So sad. My friend and the boys are legal immigrants from Liberia. It hurts to know these boys came here as refuge from raging civil war there and now are afraid here. These boys are so sweet and precious. To all those praying here, please lift them and their friends up in prayer.

My friend said they go to that theater all the time, as the whole neighborhood does. She said there's always tons of kids around - how could someone target them?

Just some local perspective and impact. (I live in Denver metro.) Praying for everyone.

An update. Just got off the phone from my dear friend. A close friend of the boys was killed in the shooting, AJ. They had attended his graduation and now his memorial. They're really torn up. A female friend is still in the hospital. Please keep these boys in your thoughts and prayers. :cry: Thank you.

I wonder if the school saw signs of JH mental instability and asked him to withdraw.They are keeping everything quiet there for some reason.

No, they didn't ask him to withdraw. It was already reported he decided to withdraw by his own volition.
The reason they are keeping quiet is because they are not supposed to divulge details about their students due to HIPAA protection.

How many of that list of people that suffer some kind of mental illness have killed people in a movie theater?

Yep, pride, but I doubt he's ashamed being he took so long planning it. If anything proud, probably disappointed the apt didn't go up in flames. His eyes and brows changed when he heard the word media today in court. I really wish there were no cameras in the courtroom.
RE: when he heard the word media today in court.

I thought so too but what do you think it meant his repsonse?

It never was "you have the right man." abc always quoted her as "you have the right person."

For me it was never a concern that she said this. I can see answering in this way if someone called me and asked, "are you the wife of Mr. Maedlamsmom, who works at XYZ?" I would probably answer, "you have the right person". Or something along those lines.

To me, the rest of the quoted conversation was what pointed to resignation or, at least, less than shock. If I was awoken in the morning to a phone call, a random person saying that my husband, or grown son or any close relative, had committed mass murder at a movie theatre in Colorado, my response would be, "yeah, right, very funny. You kids are NOT funny. Don't call back!" Of course, if I had prior knowledge of, odd behavior, previous mental health issues or just intuition that something was just not right with said relative, my response would be immediate belief, logical next step and action. As in, "I have to contact the police... I have to fly to Colorado."

Another thing to understand about mental illness and criminals is that unless they are legally insane, the mental illness will only serve as a mitigating factor.
They have all but done away in most states with a defense based on being mentally ill. You are sane or insane pretty much.
If you can understand what is going on then you are going to be deemed sane and competent to stand trial. The bar to be deemed competent is not very high.
The fact that he is not speaking to LE speaks volumes to his understanding of what is happening.
If he didn't understand his right to remain silent, then he would probably be talking about what he did because he would not understand his rights or the problem with his actions.

This was methodical and planned. No doubt in my mind that he knows it was wrong and that he indeed competent to stand trial from what we know at this point.
Mentally ill? I think probably yes. Will it matter in trial? I think probably no- except in the penalty phase and it would be used as a mitigating factor.

maybe CO has a different standard for insanity-I will research but generally speaking-in most states-there just is not a "not guilty by reason of mental illness defense".
if anyone can find a current case in Colorado where the defense was not guilty due to mental illness (as opposed to insanity and incompetent to understand what is going on) then I would more than welcome it. I am not issuing that as a challenge but I would be interested in being educated on these types of proceedings in CO.

JMHO/

Hi, all.

Not to interrupt, but in the 1st thread, I'd posted this.

An update. Just got off the phone from my dear friend. A close friend of the boys was killed in the shooting, AJ. They had attended his graduation and now his memorial. They're really torn up. A female friend is still in the hospital. Please keep these boys in your thoughts and prayers. :cry: Thank you.
OH I am sorry to here your news........

ONly days later, after the lawyer involved - I have not heard her or family dispute the man statement until the lawyer realized the implications and made it what it is now all over the media !!!!

I think we all agree they are strikingly different statements with implications that are huge !

I would think - (what an email to a newspaper) instantly making the correction Firday morning (!)

Only now is alledged clarification being made through her newly hired attorney.

Crisis in the family happened and then a statement was misreported, but the family had so much more to worry about at that time. The connotation was all wrong from the start. I hope this will be put to rest because it's snowballing the more we discuss it.

No, they didn't ask him to withdraw. It was already reported he decided to withdraw by his own volition.
The reason they are keeping quiet is because they are not supposed to divulge details about their students due to HIPAA protection.
IMO HIPAA is purely health records ....... IMO there silence is DIRECTLY related to all the trouble collage admin go into at Virg T with Cho

all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ liability stuff.

If you recall, Virg Tech had huge pr issues in terms of not addressing Chos increasingly alarming behaviors as we are seeing in this case. (they also got fined 55K for not warning students that morning)

Another thing to understand about mental illness and criminals is that unless they are legally insane, the mental illness will only serve as a mitigating factor.
They have all but done away in most states with a defense based on being mentally ill. You are sane or insane pretty much.
If you can understand what is going on then you are going to be deemed sane and competent to stand trial. The bar to be deemed competent is not very high.
The fact that he is not speaking to LE speaks volumes to his understanding of what is happening.
If he didn't understand his right to remain silent, then he would probably be talking about what he did because he would not understand his rights or the problem with his actions.

This was methodical and planned. No doubt in my mind that he knows it was wrong and that he indeed competent to stand trial from what we know at this point.
Mentally ill? I think probably yes. Will it matter in trial? I think probably no- except in the penalty phase and it would be used as a mitigating factor.

maybe CO has a different standard for insanity-I will research but generally speaking-in most states-there just is not a "not guilty by reason of mental illness defense".
if anyone can find a current case in Colorado where the defense was not guilty due to mental illness (as opposed to insanity and incompetent to understand what is going on) then I would more than welcome it. I am not issuing that as a challenge but I would be interested in being educated on these types of proceedings in CO.

JMHO/
I am not going to explain this right but last night the lady judge who anchors also said Colorado has an amazing law that goes somehing like even if you insane IF YOUR ACTIONS CAN BE DETERMINED TO INCLUDE EVIL WE WILL NOT BUY INTO INSANE PLEA.

I know I am saying it wrong but eveidently its real rare law

To me, the rest of the quoted conversation was what pointed to resignation or, at least, less than shock. If I was awoken in the morning to a phone call, a random person saying that my husband, or grown son or any close relative, had committed mass murder at a movie theatre in Colorado, my response would be, "yeah, right, very funny. You kids are NOT funny. Don't call back!" Of course, if I had prior knowledge of, odd behavior, previous mental health issues or just intuition that something was just not right with said relative, my response would be immediate belief, logical next step and action. As in, "I have to contact the police... I have to fly to Colorado."

We don't know that "I have to contact the police...I have to fly to Colorado" is ALL she said. That is only the part that is quoted in the article. She may have said other things in between "You have the right person" and "I have to contact the police" that were not included in the article. We wouldn't know unless the full transcript of the conversation were released.

Also, if someone called me at 5:00 in the morning and identified him/herself by name as a reporter for ABC News, I probably wouldn't think it was just kids playing a practical joke. Especially if the caller ID indicated that the call was indeed coming from ABC News (or a New York City location). Or if I turned on the TV during the phone conversation and saw that, indeed, there had been a shooting.

IMO HIPAA is purely health records ....... IMO there silence is DIRECTLY related to all the trouble collage admin go into at Virg T with Cho

all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ liability stuff.

If you recall, Virg Tech had huge pr issues in terms of not addressing Chos increasingly alarming behaviors as we are seeing in this case. (they also got fined 55K for not warning students that morning)

Sorry. Not HIPAAA, but FERPA. Students are entitled to privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321