*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about allegedly taking vicodin before? Has anyone considered that he took painkillers before so if he was shot by police he wouldn't feel so much pain. Inflict horrendous pain, but not feel pain himself. He was coherent enough to understand what pain was!

Hadn't thought about that, but great point!

I agree about the Vicodin. If he took it before the shootings, then he most likely did his research beforehand and found online that other shooters have used painkillers when wearing body armor. (The N. Hollywood Shootout comes to mind). I wonder where he got it?

All JMO

He could have gotten a prescription? Apparently a bottle of sedatives was found in his car.

If convicted, he will never be released. ***I did not phrase this first part right.** If he is found "insane" he will be in a mental health facility for life, no trial. I doubt this will happen.

If convicted and he is not "insane" he is looking at life incarceration or death penalty if the prosecutor and victim families decide to put death penalty on the table.
Plus we must not forget option 3 (imo this is how it is gonna go sorry guys!)

a defendant's competency hinges not only on his mental status, but, to a degree, on the requirements of his defense.

A defendant must be competent at all stages of the legal process,

issues of incompetency can be raised at any time

history of irrational behavior

prior medical opinion

demeanor at trial

a rational as well as factual understanding of the proceedings against the person.

If the hearing produces even slight evidence of incompetence, "more than a scintilla," the court must impanel a jury for formal competency proceedings.

http://www.steverubenzerphd.com/Competency-to-Stand-Trial-Defender.php

Who would take a sedative to go on a shooting spree? Does it make any sense?:waitasec:

There were a couple of places (dont have links ) that tried to make the Vicodin connected to the fact that Ledger was addicted to it, and had it in his system at time of his dealth!

. IMO that was a stretch!

Come on guys we have to be careful about reporting some of the information we know.

He was not banned from campus. his access to the research towers was rescinded because he was withdrawing from the program. SOP.

There has been nothing at this point to say he was banned from anything. ( Please correct me with a link from MSM if I missed it) This is just one example.

We are going to get strict with links if this keeps happening because I notice information is reposted and sensationalized here and there and it is not good.

Thanks just trying to keep the facts and info straight.

ETA: sme posts were removed that were posting misleading info that we do not want to perpetuate. if your post was removed it may have been for this reason or just been in response to one of these posts and that is why it was removed also. thanks.

Estimates suggest that nearly two million individuals across the United States suffer from Vicodin addictions.

According to a 2008 survey of young adults by the University of Michigan, nearly one in 10 teenagers had used the prescription painkiller by their senior year in high school.

Vicodin abuse in the United States alone has nearly quadrupled within the last 10 years.

Almost 23,000 individuals across the United States engaged in the recreational use of Vicodin, according to the 2008 National Survey on Drug Use and Health

In 18 cities and metropolitan regions across the country, Vicodin remained in the top 10 most commonly cited illicit substances involved

http://rehab-international.org/vicodin-addiction/statistics

James Holmes' San Diego Upbringing Examined As He Faces Trial In Batman Shooting Of 71 (VIDEO, PHOTOS) ( link )
David Moye
Huffington Post. Posted: 07/23/2012 5:40 pm Updated: 07/23/2012 6:41 pm

James Holmes, accused of shooting 71 people, killing 12, at a midnight showing of "Dark Knight Rises" Friday in Aurora, Colo., grew up in San Diego, Calif., in an educated, upper-middle-class family. He's remembered there as shy, but also as intelligent and accomplished

[...]

Matt Lewis, who graduated from Westview in 2005 and did not know Holmes, described the high school to The Huffington Post as highly competitive and "socially isolating."

[...]

When Westview opened for its first freshman class and sophomore class in 2002, it was open enrollment, which allowed students from anywhere within Poway Unified School District to choose to attend the school instead of their local high school, district spokeswoman Tina McDowell told HuffPost.

Lewis said that led to the isolating feeling. "You felt on your own, and you'd be walking around the school alone," he said. "Because everyone was from somewhere else, no one grew up together. I wonder if that had some effect" on Holmes.

Brian Williams, who was also a Westview High School graduate, was arrested last year on charges of killing his mother and his sister. Bill Chiment, associate superintendent of Poway Unified, confirmed to HuffPost that Williams is a graduate of Westview.

OFF TOPIC

shadowraiths

If I may request a little favor - :)
that light lavender color is really hard to read and I have to strain.
Yes bad eyes. Can you kindly go a bit darker next time in your post? It would help. thanks

IDK folks. I'm having a hard time reconciling sedatives to such a heinous crime. It's like someone smoking weed. It's my understanding these are depressants and calm the individual.

I think there is more and perhaps the blood tests will reveal he was on other meds or street drugs (LSD) (??) SPECULATION ONLY AND JMO.

ETA: Could he have taken the vicodin after to calm down?

well FWIW hydrocodone acts like speed on me. It gets me hyped up and I cannot sleep at all. It gives me energy and I am likely to do things I have put off. I know many people that react like this so I don't think I am alone.

Exactly, pride, jealousy, anger, he went to college and couldn't get a job,except McDonalds, couldn't get a girlfriend, even online women rejected him. Three of the men killed died trying to protect their girlfriends. He was going to show everyone just how smart he was and make a name for himself. Not just carry it out, but get off on insanity and you saw the lame attempt today.

He will never get off. Don’t worry.
but I do not think it was a lame attempt.His insanity is real.
I think he is MI with evil inclinations and should never be amongst the free.

Loss of eyelashes may occur with several conditions, including a variety of skin diseases, drug side effects, endocrine disorders, metabolic abnormalities, traumatic insults, inflammations, toxins, psychiatric disorders, and systemic disease. If the history and results of clinical, laboratory, and consultative assessments are negative, one must consider the possibility the patient is pulling them out (trichotillomania). Three case reports of spontaneous lash loss are described—one secondary to trichotillomania, one a result of hypothyroidism, and another with features of both hypothyroid and trichotillomania—to illustrate the presentation and appropriate workup to obtain a diagnosis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2884829/

This patron went in to buy a gun and he saw Holmes and remarked on CNN about how out of place he seemed in the gun shop, with his hair and earrings too. He said his eyes were very wide and looked like silver dollars. I'll try to find a video link.

I read that also somewher.

How did anyone SANE sell this guy a gun?
(or is it greedy shopkeeper making a sale)
This is one of my pet peeves with gun control.

If you see something say something!
for God sake how can you think he is questionable and give him a gun? :waitasec:

COuld the appointed def attorn have refused if she wanted?

I dont think she could refuse to take it that's why I said I'd hate to be her and be forced to sit next to him. I don't believe he's mentally ill I believe he's pure evil and looking at him scares the hell out of me.

This is NOT MI, this is PRIDE! That is what I was trying to say. JH WAS/NOW/or Will be ASHAMED at what he became! If not now, eventually!

He is MI and evil too.....and shame is not exclusive to only normal people.

I wonder why so many reject the words MI...
Normal people do not do that.

Many of us had to study hard, had stress, rejection, emotional tauma, etc... we did not kill anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0