*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
48 hours reported......spent either $12,000 or $15,000 this past few months??? I know he was getting paid but that's a lot of money for a grad student to have. I have kids in college and they are lucky if they have $200 a month to spend...

48 hours reported......spent either $12,000 or $15,000 this past few months??? I know he was getting paid but that's a lot of money for a grad student to have. I have kids in college and they are lucky if they have $200 a month to spend...

Credit cards.

Someone mentioned that they only defense this guy would have was insanity. I believe that he can;'t even claim this. This was all premeditated.

1. He ordered guns, ammo, and chemicals, months in advance
2. he booby trapped his apartment
3. he set his music to loop, trying to lure someone to open that door.
4. He purchased a movie ticket,
5. he went out the door, knowing full well what he was gonna do
6. he surrendered to police

Someone who is mentally ill would not pre plan all that he did. Nor would they have everything set up perfectly. If someone snapped, or had a psychotic break they don't take time to think about their actions, they just react. He took a lot of time to plan this out, so an insanity defense may not even work here. The only thing he may be able to claim is being a sociopath, and even then that won't get him off, he will still be doing hard time.

I think the only thing that might save him from the Death penatly is that he told the police that his apartment was booby trapped. This helped to save many more lives.

Any ideas how long he has been planning this? I bet he is kicking himself concerning the flat - that didn't go to plan.

They usually have a big red sign warning that an alarm will sound in the office if you open the door--check it out the next theater you are in.

There might be a sign, but if people habitually sneak out to smoke, etc - then is the alarm actually turned on? I don't imagine it would go over well with the other patrons if the alarm was often triggered in non-emergency situations. The perp might even have tried opening the door at this theater sometime in the past to see if it actually did trigger an alarm.

Someone mentioned that they only defense this guy would have was insanity. I believe that he can;'t even claim this. This was all premeditated.

Someone who is mentally ill would not pre plan all that he did. Nor would they have everything set up perfectly. If someone snapped, or had a psychotic break they don't take time to think about their actions, they just react. He took a lot of time to plan this out, so an insanity defense may not even work here. The only thing he may be able to claim is being a sociopath, and even then that won't get him off, he will still be doing hard time.

I think the only thing that might save him from the Death penatly is that he told the police that his apartment was booby trapped. This helped to save many more lives.

I have posted I believe his Defense will try. I expect them to. That's all they have. Will it stick? No. I dont think the DP will be spared with the magnitude of this crime :moo:

Details on Colorado Shooting Suspect James Holmes
http://www.insideedition.com/news/8592/details-on-colorado-shooting-suspect-james-holmes.aspx

I know this is from Inside Edition, so I don't know how reliable they are. This caught my attention.

Criminal profiler Pat Brown says Holmes is evidently a psychopath and she wouldn't be surprised if he had long history of mental problems.

"Nobody can commit a mass murder like this unless he's a psychopath. This is not a normal person who snapped. He was not healthy psychologically up until this particular day. This is a person who has always had problems with other people," said Brown.

Psychopath-that something I would expect Pat Brown to say. She pretty much always gives out this diagnosis. By the way the reporter completely misinterpreted her. Her quote is that he "always had problems with other people" but the reporter somehow interprets it into "long history of mental problems." And by the way nothing suggests he actually did have problems with other people, since he was described as shy, quiet and a loner.

Cant remember if i said this earlier but i wonder if his mugshot is simply inappropriate to show. Especially right now. Disrespectful to the Victims and Families. If reports are accurate and he was spitting and carrying on I can believe he would not cooperate for a mugshot.

IDK but IIRC and I very well may not, there has been no other case of mass killing where the mugshot wasn't released out of respect for the victims.

I think it is inappropriate to question the parents for having their children at the showing! Be it 4 months old or 6 years old. Until last night, a movie theater WAS a safe place. NO violence had ever happened before.....other then in THIS movie!

These parents are in NO way at fault!!! Questioning them only adds to the defense of the EVIL man that did this!

I can appreciate your opinion, however, having seen the movie last night, the characters in the movie are killing and picking off people left and right just as the shooter did in the theater. I am not saying it is their fault by any means, but I am entitled to my opinion that a midnight showing of a very violent movie that lasts 3 hours is not the place for a 6yo.

My sons gf is starting grad school next semester. She just got a student loan check for 12, 000 bucks last month. She has to make that last for quite awhile, but since JH was not going to school anymore he could have spent it all at once if he wanted to.

Being sociopath or psychopath doesn't qualify someone for legal insanity.

IDK but IIRC and I very well may not, there has been no other case of mass killing where the mugshot wasn't released out of respect for the victims.

Good point. I am just stating if he is laughing and carrying on like the lunatic he is not I think the public doesn't need to see it right now. I know what he looks like. I'm sure the reason will come to light.

He might have been maxing out his credit cards. It's not like he is going to need good credit.

Thanks. That title is not in my guide. What time did it start where you are? I got one coming up at 8pm and 9pm on CBS.

The website said it is preempting the story "West Memphis Three: Free" if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member