*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand the only prior run in with the law was a speeding ticket! If he were that crazy, being involuntarily committed, scaring family members etc...he would have run afoul of the law before this.

He obviously wasn't. Graduated college with no problems, got accepted into a PhD program with no problems. If he showed up for his interview looking as the potted plant, does anyone think the PhD program would have accepted him? He was also able to legally purchase guns. That again goes against some long established history of mental illness.

That photo of Loughner with head all shaved freaked me out.
This one just looks pitiful to me.

OR he is high on Ecstacy or LSD or any number of other possible drugs.

Yes there are all sorts of possible explanations, I am not trying to argue that mine is the only one at all, just contributing what I think without knowing all of the facts which none of us do, putting us all in the same boat of not knowing what the **** is going on.

From what I understand the only prior run in with the law was a speeding ticket! If he were that crazy, being involuntarily committed, scaring family members etc...he would have run afoul of the law before this.

I agree. He has no history hospitalization for prior mental illness or he would not have been able to legally go to a gun store and purchase those weapons.

Why in the world would that point to a mental illness as opposed to taking some substance? A lot of people here seem to have missed their calling, giving diagnoses by looking at photos.

His first photo - He looks like he is way off. He had a smirk that was creepy and his eyes are creepy.
I said the exact same thing Pax sais.

OH and By the way I know plenty about Mental Illness.

If we're comparing to Jared Loughner. He looked much more like a deranged lunatic in his mugshot than JH does.

Not really comparing pics, however, comparing the wide eyes, dilated pupils, and that "smirk".

JH's smirk reminds me of the kind my son gets when I get mad at him and he's trying not to laugh.

Makes me so mad! :banghead:

Bull they hired there private attorney (while there son has court appointed) they petrified they could be charged "you knew, you are a nurse, the fact that your son was dangerous) that is why they have there own private attorney) and like I have done IMO, (bla) this person has been very mentally ill for years mom, nurse knows

He is guilty. His parents know this. Why spend thousands of dollars to hire him an attorney? I couldn't imagine what it would feel like if my precious babe, that I change diapers, play peek a boo, watch the beautiful smile, turned into a mass murderer. I'm sure they are having an extremely diffictul time right now. I feel for them, I really do.

If we're comparing to Jared Loughner. He (Jared) looked much more like a deranged lunatic in his mugshot than JH does.

And Loughner had acted out crazily and aggressively at his school and was not allowed on the campus any longer. Nor was he able to pass any of his classes because he was out of his freakin mind.

He did manage to kill a few people, but it was not an organized, well thought out scenario like JH's was.

He is guilty. His parents know this. Why spend thousands of dollars to hire him an attorney? I couldn't imagine what it would feel like if my precious babe, that I change diapers, play peek a boo, watch the beautiful smile, turned into a mass murderer. I'm sure they are having an extremely diffictul time right now. I feel for them, I really do.

It would drive them to the poor house. This thing is going to run into lots of billable hours, paper in amounts most are not used to seeing. Hundreds of thousands for this case. I hope they stick with the Court-appointed attorneys and are okay with that.

ETA: There is a cap on how much the Court-appointed get paid. Not for retained attorneys, you need at least 2 on capital murder cases. The Court-appointed will do just a good a job, in fact, most retained attorneys do Court-appointed work also.

not what i thought his booking photo would look like. You know, since they waited so long to release it. I expected a crazy smile like jared loughner.

yeah same thought. I'm now thinking it was held because it was too soon. No one affected needed to see that a-holes face the next day. Makes sense. Good decision by LE looking back on it.

I understood someone discussing mental illness during the AZ shooting coverage that sometimes it starts to showup around the age of 22. JH is 24. I don't think the parents could imagine their son would do something like this. After a kid graduates from high school, goes off to college a parent does not have a clear picture what their kids are doing. Can't see holding the parents responsible for this. jmo

I understood someone discussing mental illness during the AZ shooting coverage that sometimes it starts to showup around the age of 22. JH is 24. I don't think the parents could imagine their son would do something like this. After a kid graduates from high school, goes off to college a parent does not have a clear picture what their kids are doing. Can't see holding the parents responsible for this. jmo

I agree. They are victims here too. I hope they seek counseling as soon as it is feasible. They need that too.

So did he attend college with the red curly hair and mutton chops. Did he start the withdrawal process from college with this fashion statement. It seems to have grown out already - natural brown can be seen underneath in the back. When were those dating profiles posted - while still enrolled. Or after. No one would notice if - the college representative on CNN described as one of their best students - withdrew but also did so with a dramatically different look. Or maybe I have the timeline off.

OR he is high on Ecstacy or LSD or any number of other possible drugs.

I have been thinking along the lines of too much LSD, but that is only conjecture. He was interested in brain function and abnormal brain function, so i am assuming he had an interest in LSD. It is the substance of choice for wacked out, totally altered state of mind. in my opionion LSD is not 'bad' in and of itself, but it is totally dangerous in certain situations, especially if you are tripping a lot by yourself. solitary tripping can be the epitome of a paranoid, delusional state if you do not feel totally comfortable with your surroundings. High anxiety would also lead to bad trips, in my opinion. Abusing LSD while alone (tripping by yourself, indoors) can be a bewildering, dark experience. When using LSD with really close friends who you know love and care about you can be a wonderful, positive event. And outdoor tripping during the daytime is almost always a light, fluffy trip.

My opinion about the ecstasy is NO WAY a person who is high on real MDMA could commit such a brutal crime, unless he was suffering from the after effects of MDMA abuse. It drains the serotonin and low serotonin is linked to violence and suicide.

His summer internship at the Salk Institute in La Jolla, California, in 2006 might have been impressive on paper, but his supervisor described him in an interview as "an unusually bad intern."

John Jacobson, supervisor of the neurobiology lab at Salk, said he asked Holmes to create several online demonstrations of the lab's work on temporal perceptions. Jacobson said he repeatedly tried to explain to Holmes exactly how to do the computer programming, but Holmes kept insisting on a different approach -- one that did not work.

"He was really, oddly, stubborn," Jacobson said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/23/us-usa-shooting-denver-profile-idUSBRE86M02A20120723

But he recently quit the program. A person who works in the neuroscience lab said Holmes did not join the other doctoral students at an end-of-the-year celebration in a local pub. Instead, a professor stopped by the impromptu party to tell everyone that Holmes had withdrawn from the program, with the clear implication that he had fallen behind academically, this source said.

The university declined to release his academic records, citing privacy rules.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/23/us-usa-shooting-denver-profile-idUSBRE86M02A20120723

His summer internship at the Salk Institute in La Jolla, California, in 2006 might have been impressive on paper, but his supervisor described him in an interview as "an unusually bad intern."

John Jacobson, supervisor of the neurobiology lab at Salk, said he asked Holmes to create several online demonstrations of the lab's work on temporal perceptions. Jacobson said he repeatedly tried to explain to Holmes exactly how to do the computer programming, but Holmes kept insisting on a different approach -- one that did not work.

"He was really, oddly, stubborn," Jacobson said.

That was six years ago while he was in high school. He had gone to college since then and graduated with honors (the best of the best).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor