*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO, my notion about his isolation is that (in terms of lawsuit junk) they were the only ones who (he was around noone) could have tried to get him help, could have called his parents and said we have some concerns here he has been at the top of the class and he just failed orals.

Like if you saw your neighbors lawn which had always been cut (anaolgy folks I know no reports of lawns!) and over a peroid of three months it was 9 feet high you might get concerned etc NO?

BUt u live next door - it seems other than school he was in his apt alone - so the only people who watched him fall apart is them that is what I meant............
ANd Virginia Tech gone through YEARS or this --- for same thing........................

Could the company be paying 1 mil with in the fine print if you accept you can't sue. Because if all 70+ goers (even ones not hurt but witnessed it) sued it would be well over 1 mil?

I am all for them to donate.....I am just wondering this??

Regarding prisoner treatment while in Sheriff custody. This varies from state and county - some counties have more than one facility for persons in Sheriff custody. Some are basic. Some have comprehensive medical facilities. Someone mentioned if a situation occurred - lawsuits would be filed against Sheriff Office.

In AZ - the Sheriff mostly - but combinations of The Sheriff, The Governor, The County, individual guards and deputies, The Jail itself, The State have all been named as Defendants in literally thousands of lawsuits. Some prisoner rights violations. Many prisoner next of kin whose family member died in the jail. There are just too many to explain the dynamic. Some of the lawsuits are filed by Government agencies against The Sheriff as well. So to say what does or does not occur - really varies. Sheriff custody is not the same as Police custody.

Anyone remember the college boy arrested and placed in custody. 5 days later no one had checked on him and he basically had a mental break. Handcuffed alone he tried to eat his own eyeglasses. Finally someone came and let him out.

Obviously not standard - trying to imagine what the inside of a jail is like and how people are treated is most likely not close to the reality.
Yeh This varies from state and county that is what I learned from today here ---- it has to be different in some states here you get them their meds PEROID PEROID psyc or medical

lawsuit stuff

Could the company be paying 1 mil with in the fine print if you accept you can't sue. Because if all 70+ goers (even ones not hurt but witnessed it) sued it would be well over 1 mil?

AH ha I bet your right!

Heck if that is true Meryl Streep should be doing movies from jail with him! IMO we all gotta remember that the serious get down psyc meds take days to leave bloodstream!

And probably very little sleep the last week, obviouly been doing drugs (in car / his report) in prison, just shot a whole bunch of people etc etc

I would suppose kinda AUTHENTICALLY wiped -- to be able to give an academy award winning performance - hey it got the world talking huh?
IF an act it was the best performance I IMO, have every seen!

I do believe that he was and is very capable of faking his performance. We are not talking about your average killer here. Not taking into account that in all likelihood his IQ is in the genius level based on his academic history, the monster was studying nuroscience. One of the branches of neoscience is psychology issues related to nurological disorders. He not only is an extremely educated genius but most likely knows a whole lot more about psych disorders and the typical symptoms that individuals display with diagnosed with these dissorders. Disserves an accedemy award is saying the least. Most likely he's reviewed and studied countless case studies regarding neurological disorders. I'd bet the bank he's courtroom appearance was well thought out. Although I'm sure every shrink in the woodwork will be flooding the gates claiming that he suffers from this or that dissorder, in the end I'm convinced he is just down right evil right down to the core.

Suing Warner brothers is ridiculous. Should you also sue looney tunes for putting the idea in kids heads to blow stuff up with TNT/dynamite? While they're at it, sue people who make guns, because you know, guns kill people. Sue Marvel comics, too! Sue the Twilight people because you know, people could die if they get bit in the neck while playing vampire. Why don't we just sue everybody and their mother just because of something one unhinged person did??

I grew up with two brothers and two sisters - watching Batman, Spiderman, played Mortal Kombat. All of us are honor students, gifted, excelled in gymnastics, dance, science fair. I'm a college graduate with a husband and a baby and my brother is in college; sisters are just finishing high school.

Simply: you can't blame video games and movies for this kind of thing. You can't. Millions and millions of people have played a violent game or seen a violent movie and they're not rampaging mass murderers. Leave the blame with the person it belongs.

Also, good luck to the guy suing Warner Bros. he BOUGhT a ticket to the movie! He was all gung ho to see it. I understand he went through a traumatic experience, but that's not Warner Brothers fault and I think he's doing it for attention.

Such a well written book! I own it. Highly recommend it. It clears up a lot of misconceptions I, as well as others, had about the tragedy.

Kind of like the parents that tried to sue OZZY for suicide solution (I think it was that song) because their son commented suicide? They did not win but - and the ones that bought the record to burn so it would not sell only gave more $ to Ozzy (than not even buying it)

What are they going to sue for? They all purchased the ticket to see this movie.

AN aside IMO IMO i think we all are in for a real info lapse .............Olympics in 3 days (awesome) but media gonna really go away................Most folks who dont like this stuff are over it IMO, it is depressing, new reporters are prob burnt out and welcomeing somethying happy

Ugh now watch something horrible happen there but u know what I mean...............

NO, my notion about his isolation is that (in terms of lawsuit junk) they were the only ones who (he was around noone) could have tried to get him help, could have called his parents and said we have some concerns here he has been at the top of the class and he just failed orals.

Like if you saw your neighbors lawn which had always been cut (anaolgy folks I know no reports of lawns!) and over a peroid of three months it was 9 feet high you might get concerned etc NO?

BUt u live next door - it seems other than school he was in his apt alone - so the only people who watched him fall apart is them that is what I meant............

Whether you got or didn't get concerned over your neighbor's lawn, are you proposing that you become responsible/liable for your neighbor's behavior if he didn't cut his lawn? Your neighbor didn't cut his lawn, and therefore you are now responsible/liable for anything he did?

What are they going to sue for? They all purchased the ticket to see this movie.

Well there already is one trying to sue - so ask them?

http://theblemish.com/2012/07/the-first-lawsuit-against-james-holmes-is-here/

1. The theater. Karpel claims it was negligent for the theater to have an emergency door in the front that was not alarmed or guarded. It’s widely believed Holmes entered the theater with a ticket, propped the emergency door open from inside, went to his car and returned with guns.

2. Holmes’ doctors. Karpel says it appears Holmes was on several medications — prescribed by one or more doctors – at the time of the shooting and he believes the docs did not properly monitor Holmes.

3. Warner Bros. Karpel says “Dark Knight Rises” was particularly violent and Holmes mimicked some of the action. The attorney says theater goers were helpless because they thought the shooter was part of the movie. Karpel tells TMZ, “Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today.”

AN aside IMO IMO i think we all are in for a real info lapse .............Olympics in 3 days (awesome) but media gonna really go away................Most folks who dont like this stuff are over it IMO, it is depressing, new reporters are prob burnt out and welcomeing somethying happy

Ugh now watch something horrible happen there but u know what I mean...............

until July 30th - then will be news again - when he returns to court.

Well there already is one trying to sue - so ask them?

http://theblemish.com/2012/07/the-first-lawsuit-against-james-holmes-is-here/

1. The theater. Karpel claims it was negligent for the theater to have an emergency door in the front that was not alarmed or guarded. It’s widely believed Holmes entered the theater with a ticket, propped the emergency door open from inside, went to his car and returned with guns.

People can sue for anything and everything. Doesn't mean they are going to get any money out of it.

Regarding the person filing suit - it is not a good idea. Some persons who were victims of a 1999 event were interviewed on media. Even took part in a movie. Some went on Sally Jesse Raphael. After each media appearance or sometimes just a comment to a friend - a statement was taken once again. These were child victims. Some now in wheelchairs.

One of these child victims after years of trying to heal and change laws - moved out of state. He was placed involuntary into a psych hospital by the Governor.

It will not be the money - that any one cares about in this lawsuit. It will be the information that comes out.

People can sue for anything and everything. Doesn't mean they are going to get any money out of it.

only the court would know - I am just answering your question.

Originally Posted by jjenny:

I guess it depends on the jury and everything - Shoot look at CA (we all thought pretty much guilty and nope she was aquitted - only the court time will tell if they get $)

NO, my notion about his isolation is that (in terms of lawsuit junk) they were the only ones who (he was around noone) could have tried to get him help, could have called his parents and said we have some concerns here he has been at the top of the class and he just failed orals. Like if you saw your neighbors lawn which had always been cut (anaolgy folks I know no reports of lawns!) and over a peroid of three months it was 9 feet high you might get concerned etc NO?

BBM -

Respectfully, I disagree, at least on what we know so far.

First, he's an adult in a graduate program. Where is their responsibility to call his parents to tell them they've seen a decline in his academics? I don't think most colleges do that when students have poor academic performance in one semester, etc.

We don't really know yet, what outward personality/hygiene/behavior changes he had in the last 6 months or so. If he was always a loner, always shy, always quiet, maybe that's his normal behavior.

As a human being, I would hope someone in his group (professor/staff or other student) would care and try to help or say something IF they did see a marked decline in his well being. But we don't know yet...maybe there wasn't a big change in his demeanor, behavior, personal habits, etc.

Or, have I missed something, that he really was spiraling out of control?

OH yea that is the divide! Evil or ill. Isn’t that the mystery for the world not just here --- my notion however, is there is a lot of miss communication - in that folks who think ill , we are not forgiving his harm , just giving causation a different flavor.

There is no reason, IMO; if we even go there (!) for this dude to possibly believe that faking being out of it is going to do anything as it relates to his future

What does his faking do for him? Prolong execution- ash we can’t even impose a death penalty on someone with one charge!!

IMO THAT makes no sense, if those who believe he is faking (indicating they believe he is oriented to what is going on) THEN he KNOWS insanity is irrelvant this is going to (71 charges please!) go on until 2025! If he is that present he knows it does nothing for him.

sadly it is totally irrelevant - he will be off the streets for 48 years while they work through charges, and then as a result of the body count no system is going to let him free so when the case is on its first verdict when he is 48 and the appeals start and then he is 62 and the next appeal happens........

Actually the mental health field (much like Bundy IMO IMO) has an opportunity here in that, unlike most other rampage killers, he is alive....an opportunity (IMO Bundy tought forensic psyc TONS) to learn warning signs, treatment , prevenation etc

. That is the only possible positive thing out of this mess...........

BBM -

First, he's an adult in a graduate program. Where is their responsibility to call his parents to tell them they've seen a decline in his academics? I don't think most colleges do that when students have poor academic performance in one semester, etc.

We don't really know yet, what outward personality/hygiene/behavior changes he had in the last 6 months or so. If he was always a loner, always shy, always quiet, maybe that's his normal behavior.

As a human being, I would hope someone in his group (professor/staff or other student) would care and try to help or say something IF they did see a marked decline in his well being. But we don't know yet...maybe there wasn't a big change in his demeanor, behavior, personal habits, etc.

As a human being, I would hope someone in his group (professor/staff or other student) would care and try to help or say something IF they did see a marked decline in his well being. all I am trying to say!

Repectfully, I disagree, grad school is really diff its very small , diff relatioship with proffs , my hang up with admin from the beginning is only three days later did someone find out about him failing the progression test.

That is HUGE HUGE in grad school, and we got a 3.9 genius, who failed, and was offerred to give it a go again, and the next thing is an email, see ya IMO any grad program in the world would address it.

BUt IMO this admin did not cause what everyone saw (students are not gonna "tell" they want their degree!) they all IMO know they should have addressed it, i bet they are quietly doing guilt

70 people lives are messed up now cause the few people that saw changes did nothing ....that is sad, IMO he has slipped through the cracks, and as a result of that , here we all are ...............................sad more than anything

And I can guarantee at any jail in the country, if you come in spitting at everyone, they are going to medicate you and quickly.

Ever been to jail? It can take awhile before you are even seen by a nurse. I have Bipolar and ended up going off all my meds and ending up psychotic before I got my meds... all while in jail. You don't get meds just for spitting at people, trust me.

BBM -

He is an adult. It would not even be legal for the University to call his parents. And University is not a babysitter for a 24 year old adult male. Nobody is going to follow him around watching his every mood swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice