Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
Darlie sure was worried about those fingerprints, though. She brought it up to anyone who would listen.

Officer Waddell: "She told me she'd picked up the knife & thought she'd messed up the fingerprints."

Dr. Dillawn: "She was attempting to explain some piece of evidence that she'd been confronted with. And she was trying to explain to me the reason it had something on it. I don't remember the specific details, but it was about a knife."

Chris Wielgosz (ICU nurse): "She stated that she'd picked up the knife ...and she was concerned that maybe her fingerprints had obscured the attacker's fingerprints..."

Wielgosz also heard Darlie tell Patterson & Frosch that "I picked up the knife. I shouldn't have picked up the knife, because I probably covered up the fingerprints."

Mary thanks for pointing that all out as I think people try to minimize her attempt to cover her actions!

Mary thanks for pointing that all out as I think people try to minimize her attempt to cover her actions!

You're welcome, Anais. That's an old, tired argument that's been snuffed out a hundred times, but it never stops supporters from bringing it up again and again :bang:

You're welcome, Anais. That's an old, tired argument that's been snuffed out a hundred times, but it never stops supporters from bringing it up again and again :bang:

Mary you are so right about that!

I can absolutely see why Darlie's supporter's don't want her to die as well. I can most definitely see their point of view and cannot imagine how they must feel having a loved one on death row.

On the other hand I simply cannot imagine how they can look past the insurmountable evidence against her. In this case the blood evidence in itself truly tells a story all alone. Ya know? It may be considered circumstantial but when you take it all in the totality of it is overwhelming,for me anyway. Alas unless you are in their shoes I guess that it is inconceivable to grasp that a person you love and cherish actually killed another that you love and cherish. JMHO.

Wendy, I am so sorry about your friend also.

I was just watching one of those true crime shows that discussed the murders of several women in Amtersdam and Austria .
Not one SINGLE piece of evidence conclusively showed that the man on trial was truly the killer it was all circumstantial. He was convicted as the prosecution asked the jury to decide how big of a chance was there that all the circumstantial evidence could possibly point to an innocent man. The final piece of evidence that actually proved he did it was when he was convicted he hung himself in his cell-using the same rare knot used to strangle all the victims.

Mary you are so right about that!

Wendy, I am so sorry about your friend also.

Thank you, it took me a long time and leaving the state of CA to forget/move on.

Change of subject... My husband was planting my rose bushes in the backyard on Saturday. I went out to look at them and make sure he put them were I wanted and noticed a knife in the ground. Every since reading the transcripts of Darlie trial when I see I knife I get the weeby-jeebies..LOL. Anyhow I could not believe my husband had left the knife there for anyone to come by and use it to break-in. When I made this comment to him, the first thing that came out of his mouth.. Criminals bring their OWN weapons/knifes to the scene of the crime. OH the vision of Darlie and her crime popped into my head right then and there. So weird how her crime still to this day creeps into my daily routine.

Criminals bring their OWN weapons/knifes to the scene of the crime. OH the vision of Darlie and her crime popped into my head right then and there. So weird how her crime still to this day creeps into my daily routine.

This is so very true Wendy! On both notes.

BTW we're also working on panting a rose garden. Off topic but what type did you plant?

GR that's just plain creepy!

This is so very true Wendy! On both notes.

BTW we're also working on panting a rose garden. Off topic but what type did you plant?

GR that's just plain creepy!

They are called Joseph's Roses. It is a climbing rose bush. I LOVE ROSES. When I was little I always said one day I would have a bunch of roses in my yard. To date I have planted 6 between front and back yard with one more to go. Wish me luck!!! It is hard planting in red mud!

Thank you, it took me a long time and leaving the state of CA to forget/move on.

Change of subject... My husband was planting my rose bushes in the backyard on Saturday. I went out to look at them and make sure he put them were I wanted and noticed a knife in the ground. Every since reading the transcripts of Darlie trial when I see I knife I get the weeby-jeebies..LOL. Anyhow I could not believe my husband had left the knife there for anyone to come by and use it to break-in. When I made this comment to him, the first thing that came out of his mouth.. Criminals bring their OWN weapons/knifes to the scene of the crime. OH the vision of Darlie and her crime popped into my head right then and there. So weird how her crime still to this day creeps into my daily routine.

Your hubby is in error go get that knife and dispose of it.
Check out the NRA they have documented cases of home owners shot with their own weapons.
Check out the John Douglas book I spoke of.
BTW, let your rose bushes establish a good root system and next spring beat them with a broom to make them bloom more. Prune only when bushes are big enough to "fight back" if beat.
Grandmother had the healthiest bushes that bloomed prolifically every spring thru summer. If you don't beat them they will put on more foliage than blooms. It was her secret weapon and it works. Since your soil is clay amend with peat moss mixed into the soil. The roots will not go deep enough if you don't add the peat and will die in your winter. Throw in a little manure for fertilizer and your roses will thrive.
I grow bulbs a lot since roses take up so much room and dogs would destroy them in backyard. Iris, daffodils, gladiolas, freesia, lilies, peonies.
Excuse my classification of iris and peonies are they are actually rizomes not bulbs. Good luck on roses check out my advice with your local agricultural extension service . Their advice is free and well worth a little research. They can also tell you how to get your soil tested for acid or alkali's and balance it with proper products.

Your hubby is in error go get that knife and dispose of it.
Check out the NRA they have documented cases of home owners shot with their own weapons.
Check out the John Douglas book I spoke of.
BTW, let your rose bushes establish a good root system and next spring beat them with a broom to make them bloom more. Prune only when bushes are big enough to "fight back" if beat.
Grandmother had the healthiest bushes that bloomed prolifically every spring thru summer. If you don't beat them they will put on more foliage than blooms. It was her secret weapon and it works. Since your soil is clay amend with peat moss mixed into the soil. The roots will not go deep enough if you don't add the peat and will die in your winter. Throw in a little manure for fertilizer and your roses will thrive.
I grow bulbs a lot since roses take up so much room and dogs would destroy them in backyard. Iris, daffodils, gladiolas, freesia, lilies, peonies.
Excuse my classification of iris and peonies are they are actually rizomes not bulbs. Good luck on roses check out my advice with your local agricultural extension service . Their advice is free and well worth a little research. They can also tell you how to get your soil tested for acid or alkali's and balance it with proper products.

Thank you for the rose advise. What do you mean beat it with a broom? Actually take my broom and hit the stalk? I thought I was suppose to remove/(cut stem at angle) the dead blooms in order for it to bloom again. Maybe you could PM me and explain more so we don't take up Darlie's space.

Thanks again!

I trust more fully what I found in a Sworn statement on the video.
I Googled his name to find it.

It is in his sworn statement that he said the jury looked at the tape repeatedly.
Maybe I have hamstrung myself because of my Trust of info issues.
I don't trust the TV shows, statements made by either side outside of a courtroom setting because there is no real repercussions if either side lies and each side has an agenda.
I don't care what their agenda is just the truth. Kinda an attitude of put your money where your mouth is.
I also don't want anyone pulling my passion for truth in one direction or another, In God and God only will I Trust so totally that the truth escapes me.

I am using and trusting in the trial transcripts, the crime scene photos, and sworn statements made by all ( either side) after the trial. Making a false statement on such an affadafit surely has legal repercussions.

you don't trust Charlie's own words? He made that statement many times..he did not see the photos of Darlie's bruises. He also give his reasons for it now thinking she's innocent...the other jurors did so where was he during the testimony? Those bruises were testified about with the medical staff.

You don't trust the trial testimony Jane? Did you read the part where the prosecution offers Mulder the surveillance tape?

I have always wondered about the 2nd knife. From the forensics I have read there was only blood of Darlie and Damon on the knife but none from Devon. Was there a 2nd knife???? I kinda think so. Then there is the issue of Darlie saying she had touched the knife....while listening to the 911 call I only hear her say this AFTER the 911 operator tells her not to touch anything.
JMHO

Listen harder and you'll hear Darlie tell the police officers "he left a knife" it's then that the operator tells her not to touch anything...then Darlie whines that she had already touched it and picked it up....

oops sorry I see you amended your post....I need to read the whole thread, LOL

Anytime I've discussed this case through the years and on different message boards, I don't believe that I've ever seen anyone who said Darlie was innocent think an intruder did it.

The majority, if not all of the people who think she is innocent think that Darin did it.

I noticed that even in this poll, a mere 5 people believe it was an intruder. I speculate that has something to do with the black car, reports of other breakins in the area, etc.

Darlie says it was an intruder. Yet, people who think that she is innocent feel that she is somehow mistaken.

Anytime I've discussed this case through the years and on different message boards, I don't believe that I've ever seen anyone who said Darlie was innocent think an intruder did it.

The majority, if not all of the people who think she is innocent think that Darin did it.

I noticed that even in this poll, a mere 5 people believe it was an intruder. I speculate that has something to do with the black car, reports of other breakins in the area, etc.

Darlie says it was an intruder. Yet, people who think that she is innocent feel that she is somehow mistaken.

For me personally there has never been any doubt in my mind that Darlie Routier herself committed this absolutely horrible and unspeakable act on her own children. It is by the grace of God that the baby was to survive! While I do not believe that Darin took part in the killings at all I do believe that he knows Darlie did do it, and that he tried to help her cover it up somehow.

IMO Darlie is a selfish and self-centered, and yet cunning and very manipulative woman. There is no doubt for me that she is exactly where she belongs and that some day soon she will receive her just punishment.

<<does she mean the knife she says a perp used or that it belongs to the perp>>

If I remember correctly, the knife found at the scene was proven to have come from the set on the counter. So it couldn't have belonged to the perp. I've long had a theory about the 2 different knives scenario. I believe there was two knives used and one is in the storm sewer down the alley. Along with who knows what else. I believe that's why the sock is there. She ran out the back, down the alley and disposed of knife #1 down the storm sewer. She had the sock on her hand during the crime which explains her skin cells being found inside the toe. She meant to throw the sock in too, but I think she dropped it and didn't realize she had. Or she did drop it and didn't care, thinking if they found it, it would be evidence of an intruder going out the back.

Here's my theory in a nutshell:

I think she and Darin had a huge blowout when he returned from taking Dana home. This is why she's downstairs and not in bed with Darin. Darlie was jealous, thinking something was going on because it took Darin so long. This, on top of mounting financial concerns, a slowing business, weight issues and depression took a toll. In looking at the evidence, her wedding dress was out if I remember correctly, picture albums were out as though she had been going through them, I think there was even a blood smudge on one, insurance policies were out .... as though she was reminiscing. If you look at her history, she had a habit of the dramatic when things weren't going her way. Like coming back to Darin's graduation party claiming someone tried to rape her so he'd leave the party with her. Anyway, I think this was the final plan. She wanted to do something extreme. She takes the sock out of the laundry room and puts it on her hand. She goes to the kitchen and takes out the bread knife first. Goes outside and cuts the screen. Takes off her underwear and throws them somewhere (not sure what happened to them, possibly storm sewer). Puts the bread knife back, takes out a different knife and commits the crime against the boys. Runs out the back, down the alley and throws the knife and possibly the underwear down the storm sewer, dropping the sock. Runs back to the crime scene where she finds Damon crawling towards the door. She goes back to the kitchen, grabs the big knife and finishes the job. Now she decides to cut herself to make it look like they were attacked by someone else. After a couple hesitations, she finally cuts herself good. There's blood everywhere so she hurriedly cleans the sink, opening the cabinet below possibly to retrieve something to clean with, which is why there is blood dripping down the inside of the cabinet doors under the sink. By this time she's bleeding pretty good. She has to make it appear that there was a struggle so she tips over the coffee table (probably her unidentified, smeared bloody print), wipes Damon's handprint off the couch, drops the flower arrangement on the floor, goes to the kitchen and tips the vacuum and finally drops the wine glass. Darin claimed he heard the glass break, but who knows. The rest is history.

<<While I do not believe that Darin took part in the killings at all I do believe that he knows Darlie did do it, and that he tried to help her cover it up somehow.>>

I don't think Darin had any part in the murders or the coverup. I think deep down Darin feels guilty like he somehow drove Darlie over the edge.

I have a hard time believing she did this. I have seen the crime photos, and I just can't believe any mother could do this!!!

I believe either one of two things could have happened,

1.) Either Darlie and her hubby killed her sons for some type of monetary reason.
2.) Her hubby who was clearly into illegal stuff decided to kill the boys and threaten her by slashing her up a little and letting her live (maybe he lovd her too much to really kill her)and she is terrified to rat him out because of it. (hence the bruises all over her).

I def beleive Darin is involved, especially since that one investigator said he failed a lie detector tests. Darlie looks like she is heavily sedated from some type of psychotropic medications, which leads me to believe that is one of the reasons she went ahead with Darins cockamamie schemes to murder her sons for money, or perhaps she is drugged up to 'forget' or 'cope with' what he has threatened her with, so that she can maintain her story that Darin is not involved, you must remember , doesnt he have one of her surviving babies??? for all we know maybe he threatened her 'if you tell anyone Ill finish the last one off' so she refuses to rat him out. Also in one tv interview withher, you see a reporter ask her if Darin was involved and how she looks down and pauses, its almost as if she wants to say yes but she doesnt, but the hesitation in her answer is a definate yes he was involved, no way around that reaction. Anyone see the vid and know what I m talking about? anyway, Im wondering if he was the one who got her all doped up on meds to be compliant to him...so I cant totally blaim her for all this even if she was willingly involved, but I dont see how all the drugs in the world would make you want to kill your own kids, I think maybe Darin threatened her with the last inch of her life (after proving it to her by slashing her up) and she went to jail to protect her only surviving child. If she is a cruel heartless person, may God keep her in jail then.

Poly

<<While I do not believe that Darin took part in the killings at all I do believe that he knows Darlie did do it, and that he tried to help her cover it up somehow.>>

I don't think Darin had any part in the murders or the coverup. I think deep down Darin feels guilty like he somehow drove Darlie over the edge.

Weasel I should post the video where Darin is hooked up to a lite detector test and smiles when asked if he had anything to do with the stabbing of his wife and kids...you would surely change your mind, he failed so badly by the way, that the investigator that was hired to help him turned agaisnt him...that should tell you something right. I dont trust that dude as far as I could throw him, he had planned for a long time crazy schemes to make money, I think this was one of his insane ideas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back