Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
[
QUOTE=OtisBinghamton;9853417]She wrote the book on How to be a Narcissist and Alienate People.
IHer overall look and demeanor is no more than that of a typical White Trash woman. She just happened to have some money for awhile. (I do not mean that as a racial comment. I just can't think of a more suitable description. Sorry.)

Totally, white trash with money. That, of course are her good points Murdering witch, not so much.

I am so disappointed in Texas. She should be dead by now.

Not sure of the sociopath dx, but IMHO from everything we know about her, she's most certainly a Narcissist. I'm of the belief that she went into a narcissistic rage as a result of what was going on between her and Darin at the time, he allegedly was going to leave her, IIRC, there may have been some hanky panky going on with her sister, etc. As well as possibly the diet pills, (was it Phentermine?) being a possible catalyst that carried her over into that level of demented, rage and extreme violence. Instead of attacking Darin though, she chose a much more vulnerable target, their boys. Plus what better way to exact revenge than kill Darin's boys. :(

Good to see some new discussion going on here. :welcome:

I thought this was a really interesting article about narcissistic rage. Actually, it's so interesting think I might go ahead and post it on another thread as well. ;)

http://thenarcissistatwork.com/2012/10/what-is-narcissistic-rage/

That was a good read in layman's terms.

It is hard to know exactly how to nail her down. Narcissist, no doubt. We all agree.
If she's not a full blown, classic sociopath, she certainly displays enough sociopathic tendencies.

I've spent time, unfortunately, with some pretty severe narcissists. I have a bit of trouble seeing just the NPD as the driving force for such brutal murders. Murder by poison, perhaps. Stabbing two little boys would get pretty personal and extremely gruesome and bloody in mere seconds.

If there was a revenge factor in her actions, I think for her it was a two-fer: Revenge on Darin AND she gets most of her life back with two less burdens.

As with most murderers, I don't think it was any one factor that made her go off.
The addition of postpartum depression aggravated by some diet pills all made for the Perfect Murder Storm we know as Darlie.

I can attest that drugs can implant all kinds of abnormal thinking in an otherwise normally functioning cortex.

That was a good read in layman's terms.

It is hard to know exactly how to nail her down. Narcissist, no doubt. We all agree.
If she's not a full blown, classic sociopath, she certainly displays enough sociopathic tendencies.

I've spent time, unfortunately, with some pretty severe narcissists. I have a bit of trouble seeing just the NPD as the driving force for such brutal murders. Murder by poison, perhaps. Stabbing two little boys would get pretty personal and extremely gruesome and bloody in mere seconds.

If there was a revenge factor in her actions, I think for her it was a two-fer: Revenge on Darin AND she gets most of her life back with two less burdens.

As with most murderers, I don't think it was any one factor that made her go off.
The addition of postpartum depression aggravated by some diet pills all made for the Perfect Murder Storm we know as Darlie.

I can attest that drugs can implant all kinds of abnormal thinking in an otherwise normally functioning cortex.

I agree with the Perfect Murder Storm. There was surely more going on that just NPD. She reminds me a little of Jodi Arias, maybe not BPD, but I bet both of them, for sure Arias, scored pretty close to Antisocial PD as well.
The thing is with these personality disorders, that they can have some components of several disorders, and still not fully meet the criteria for a specific disorder. Yet still have enough of the symptoms and personality characteristics that cause them to be destructive and commit these type of atrocities. :scared:

Agree also with the compounding factors of the depression and the diet pills. The diet pills especially, imo, were a definite catalyst for her actions. They are known to have a potential for causing rage and aggression in some people with long term use.

And revenge, again, similar to Arias. :scared:
Darlie would have been better off admitting her actions, and using the diet pills and her depression in her defense. Pretty sure she would not have gotten the DP at least.

Hell, she murdered them for the simple fact that they were cramping her style.

I so wish that those boys were born to another woman besides her.

Hi.
Just wanted to warn all of you who don't believe Darlie is innocent (let it be known that I also don't think she is innocent) however there is a David Moffat causing problems for people who don't follow those that believe in her innocense. He is infatuated with Darlie. He has been attacking and creating lies about FB posters (group pages) who don't believe in her innocense.
He has also begun a petition and that petition names Websleuths. I just wanted to bring it to your attention so you can do something about it. They wrongly acuse those who aren't following Darlie.

https://www.change.org/petitions/fa...o-stop-harassment-by-bryan-st-john-and-others

Hi.
Just wanted to warn all of you who don't believe Darlie is innocent (let it be known that I also don't think she is innocent) however there is a David Moffat causing problems for people who don't follow those that believe in her innocense. He is infatuated with Darlie. He has been attacking and creating lies about FB posters (group pages) who don't believe in her innocense.
He has also begun a petition and that petition names Websleuths. I just wanted to bring it to your attention so you can do something about it. They wrongly acuse those who aren't following Darlie.

https://www.change.org/petitions/fa...o-stop-harassment-by-bryan-st-john-and-others

Um... That's hilarious. I have a pretty pleasant pm that I got from that Bryan threatening to have me arrested for harassment. Mind you, I had never said a word to him or contacted him in any way prior to his pm. He's one to talk about harassment.

Well both sides in that are "way out" there. I don't know the whole history but since they named Websleuths I thought to let you know. I'm not into that group at all, either group. I don't know which group is worse really. Facebook has allowed a rare breed of people to go hogwild with accusations and it's plain ugly what people are doing.

Hi.

:thud: :thud: :thud:

Other members of an online group, “Websleuths”, appear to be assisting St. John in his activities.

I'm new to this forum and have read a lot, but I haven't read all of the hundreds of posts on all the different threads, so I may be repeating something here.

In addition to all of the overwhelming evidence against her, the fact that she said on the stand that her son followed her into the kitchen and called to her is just ludicrous. He was stabbed through the lungs and dying, he certainly couldn't walk and talk. She was just trying to convince the jury that since he was coming to her for help, she couldn't possibly be his killer.

Today marks 17 years since Darlie murdered Devin and Damon.

Thinking of them today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I can not thank the above post...

So Thank You!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicola - hello my friend, just some more facts to help you along your way:
Link: http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/rfrancis-final.php

691. Furthermore, the Court finds, and the record demonstrates, that Brantley’s opinion that the instant crime scene was staged and that the boys were killed by someone they knew was based on many factors, including:
  • The absence of similar crimes in the area (RR.40: 3662-63);
  • The area was generally a low-crime area (RR.40: 3663);
  • The crime scene was “high risk” for a criminal because other houses were nearby, lights were on, a car would be visible in front of the house, and the house was on a cul- de-sac (RR.40: 3663-66);
  • The alleged point of entry—the window—was intimidating because of the animal cage immediately inside the garage (RR.40: 3667-70);
  • Window screens are normally removed rather than cut during crimes (RR.40: 3671-72);
  • The route through the garage was risky in the dark (RR.40: 3672);
  • The initial focus on the children was unusual and risky given the presence of an adult (RR.40: 3673);
  • The children’s wounds were dramatically different in type and severity from Applicant’s wounds (RR.40: 3673; 3678);
  • Applicant’s statement that she chased the intruder out was inconsistent with typical violent crimes due to the disparity in her size and the described size of the alleged intruder (RR.40: 3673-74);
  • Dropping a weapon while fleeing is risky and inconsistent with most reported crimes (RR.40: 3674);
  • The location of the sock was inconsistent with a real crime because it was in the opposite direction of the exit from the cul-de-sac (RR.40: 3675);
  • The children were low risk victims due to their ages and place in society, yet appeared to be the object of the attack, thus suggesting a personal motive for the attack (RR.40: 3676-77);
  • The attack appeared to be a personal assault because there were no indications of theft or robbery (RR.40: 3676);
  • The maximum damage to the children but minimum damage to property inside the home suggested a proprietary interest in the contents of the home (RR.40: 3679);
  • The minimal damage in the living room or “Roman Room” was inconsistent with a struggle between two adults (RR.40: 3680-81; 3682-86);
  • The position of the vacuum cleaner on top of blood stains suggested deliberate placement (RR.40: 3681-82; 3688);
  • The absence of blood in the garage escape route (RR.40: 3682; 3690);
  • The presence of window screen debris on a knife from inside the house (RR.40: 3690-91);
  • The use of two knives from the same knife block inside the house in committing the offense was inconsistent because most offenders carry weapons with them to crime scenes (RR.40: 3691-93);
  • The placement of one of the knives back into the knife block suggests a proprietary interest (RR.40: 3691-93);
  • Jewelry was in plain view in the house but left undisturbed (RR.40: 3694-95);
  • The killing of the children was inconsistent with a sexual assault attack because children are usually used as leverage to control the object of the sexual assault (RR.40: 3695-97).
692. The Court finds, and the record reveals, the absence of crime in the area and the area being a low crime area were just two of the twenty-two factors that Brantley considered in concluding that the crime scene was staged.

I always wondered about that sock. Why is it still referred to as the "bloody sock" when only 2 tiny drops of both her kids were found on it. Thats not a "bloody sock" IMO.

I now this is 7 yrs later but this is great info for a newbie .

Hi.

I didn't know the distinction between a sociopath and a psychopath. I looked it up yesterday. I didn't look it up in DSM III, though.

The one main difference I noticed is that a psychopath doesn't learn from his/her mistakes. That disqualifies Darlie from that diagnosis. She is certifiably, undeniably, stone cold lock, irrefutably, dyed-in-the-wool sociopathic. I think she has psychopathic leanings but doesn't fit the entire profile.

I believe the clinical term you're looking for is "attention *advertiser censored*". :rockon:

Oh yeah, without a doubt she is. She's a lifer AW. Someone else here called it Histrionic Personality Disorder but she takes it to a whole 'nother dimension. She's that and so much more.

She could easily be a whole career for some entrepeneuring psychiatrist who's looking to make a name for himself on one case study.

You're right. She could have and certainly would milked being the distraught Mother boys who were murdered by an intruder (who, of course, would never have been caught) her whole life for everything it's worth. I'm sure she would have hired an agent to get her booked on everything from Maury Povich to 60 Minutes to the Morton Downey Show. And she would have gleefully cashed every check and kept all the money. "College fund for Drake? Nawwww. He'll be fine."

She would have been America's Victim Princess for Life. "Well, Don Pardo, tell her what she's won!!"

I realize that some people can't wrap their minds around things they can't wrap their minds around.
In other words, they can't know (will never realize) what they can't know.
Does that make sense?

That's why the old adage "you can't win an argument with a fool" is still true today.

Her family is simply in denial. They will never see their Little Princess for the Sick, Demented, Sociopathic Murderess she became. Her Mom will go to her grave defending her poor, victimized daughter. They have no interest or incentive to try to understand the mind of a sociopath.

If you listen to interviews of profilers like Robert Ressler (RIP) and John Douglas you'll hear them describe traits of serial killers, but they'll never say they understand them fully. I don't think anyone ever will.

Diane Downs was diagnosed with Histrionic Personality Disorder among other things . Btw, who do you think is the worst between this two ?

Maybe we should have a forum for those of us who have or have had a pathologically disordered ex in our lives. We need a support group badly. :(.

I had one and it took me 4 yrs to get away from her after she almost ruined me financially .

What a horrific experience for you and your BF, am so thankful that he survived.

And God bless you for holding your BF in your lap while he was possibly dying. Darlie didn't even do that much for her own baby boy, Damon. All she could think about was herself. That there was much more blood than she thought there would be. That she might have cut a little deeper than she intended. That she might be going to die too. Which is something I dont' think she ever in a million years really intended to happen, because she's just too narcissistic for that, imo.

So she just sat there watching and waiting and actually hoping for her own baby Damon to hurry up and die - that is what is so absolutely and totally heartbreaking :cry:. I can not even begin to imagine the agonizing thoughts that were going through that little boy's head while he was so painfully struggling to take his last breaths, while he witnessed his own mother talking on the phone minute after minute after minute. Watching her completely detached, while exhibiting no actual worry for him, no authentic caring, no true tenderness or compassion, no motherly love for him.
Ya know, I think Damon knew, I think he had to know; I think that it tragically, heartbreakingly dawned on him at some moment while he lay there dying, exactly what was going on, and exactly what his mother really was. I just pray that Jesus and his angels were whispering in his ear, giving him the love and comfort that he deserved. If not then, I know without a doubt they were doing so immediately after.

The more I think about this case and the actions of Darlie Routier, the more I have no doubt that she is totally and completely guilty of killing her little boys. Forget about the stresses she was under, forget about her depression, forget about the effects of the diet pills. In the end, it just boils down to one thing - that she had to be under the control of something very evil in order to commit such violent acts against her own children, then immediately afterward, sit there and mercilessly watch them die. Ijmo that she deserves to be exactly where she is or worse.

Poor Damon he died alone . Hard to believe that this Monster has supporters .

Diane Downs was diagnosed with Histrionic Personality Disorder among other things . Btw, who do you think is the worst between this two ?

I think Diane Downs. She deliberately premeditated the murder of her children due to lust for a married man who didn't want children. She was a terrible mother to those children. Darlie on the other hand, I believe killed the boys out of revenge on Darin. I believe and it's my own personal believe based on statements made by Darin and Barbara Jowell that Darin might have told Darlie to pack her bags and leave but not with the boys. In a jealous rage, fueled by depression and diet pills, she killed those boys as revenge. Unlike Diane Downs, Darlie's children were well fed and well cared for physically.

I think Diane Downs. She deliberately premeditated the murder of her children due to lust for a married man who didn't want children. She was a terrible mother to those children. Darlie on the other hand, I believe killed the boys out of revenge on Darin. I believe and it's my own personal believe based on statements made by Darin and Barbara Jowell that Darin might have told Darlie to pack her bags and leave but not with the boys. In a jealous rage, fueled by depression and diet pills, she killed those boys as revenge. Unlike Diane Downs, Darlie's children were well fed and well cared for physically.

Interesting, I don't recall this specifically, although I do remember there were reports of discord , an argument, and that their marriage was on the rocks. As you, I also believe Darlie's prime motive to kill the boys was revenge, along with rage fueled by her depression and the diet pills. Now trying also to remember who Barbara Jowell is, wasn't she one of the neighbors ? Gosh, I've gotten rusty, will have to go back and review I guess. Also, If these statements were made, do you know if they were they made in court ? Or were they considered too "prejudicial" ? :tsktsk: TIA :)

Interesting, I don't recall this specifically, although I do remember there were reports of discord , an argument, and that their marriage was on the rocks. As you, I also believe Darlie's prime motive to kill the boys was revenge, along with rage fueled by her depression and the diet pills. Now trying also to remember who Barbara Jowell is, wasn't she one of the neighbors ? Gosh, I've gotten rusty, will have to go back and review I guess. Also, If these statements were made, do you know if they were they made in court ? Or were they considered too "prejudicial" ? :tsktsk: TIA :)

Barbara was Darlie's best friend who stood at her wedding and who worked with Darin. Yes in their trial testimony. Darin was confronted with the things he told the CPS worker Jamie Johnston, "Darlie was fed up with the care of the household and the boys." Barbara testified to fights between them at the shop, Darlie's depression and her warning Darin to get Darlie some help before something bad happened. D&D did have a huge fight that night and she told him she wanted a separation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr
Back